Sign in to follow this  
gvb2003

Problems with uploading pictures

When I was writing a topic I noticed I couldn't upload pictures anymore. When I choose a file and upload I get an error message to ask for assistance. I messaged an admin but I did not get any response. I also tried to make the images smaller to reduce the size but that also failed.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone can help me!:pir-thumb:

Hi @gvb2003, were you trying to upload directly onto eurobricks? There's hardly any space that way if you want to post pictures effectively. I (and everybody else) would recommend using some sort of photo sharing website (Flickr, Imgur, etc) to upload your images to, then copying the image URL from there and pasting it onto your post.

You can deeplink a photo from Flickr, or share with BBcode.

48655526157_f3ccee41f0_m.jpgJohnny Thunder's Pyramid Mystery by peppermint_mecha, on Flickr

in your photostream, use Share, go to the BBCode option, choose a size that fits or limits on the forum (under 1200 pixels on one side is a safe bet) and copy the code. Paste it into your post

48655526157_f3ccee41f0_m.jpg

To deeplink, select the Download menu, choose "All Sizes" it takes you to a page with the image and all sizes available. Click the size you want and copy the URL. Paste it into your post.

@gvb2003

I copy the link, then paste it and press enter. But I use a phone rather than a camera. 

Edited by Count Vroskri
Forgot something.

I take the picture, save it as a file, then attach it.

Trying to use the deep link option with a phone but the flikr app doesn’t give a download menu, once you hit save it just downloads it. Does this need a desktop to work?

On 9/16/2020 at 5:34 PM, Glassjaw said:

Trying to use the deep link option with a phone but the flikr app doesn’t give a download menu, once you hit save it just downloads it. Does this need a desktop to work?

I use my computer, I will have to take a look from the app. Also, most apps have a Share option, see if one of those is BBCode or Copy Link for the image, then you should be able to paste that link into a post on EB.

On a phone from the app I think you can only share the BB code/copy link. You used to be able to grab the image-only deep links by accessing Flickr with a web browser on your phone but the site has since been optimized for mobile and I can't find a 'desktop version' option anywhere (like Wikipedia has for example).