LM71Blackbird

[COR - FB] Island Battery, Brickford Landing, Annettaskrona

Island Battery

Just off of the shoreline on a small island, the marines at Brickford Landing have constructed a small cannon battery to aid in the new settlements defense. 

50252633363_aaeb44a573_c.jpgIsland Battery 1 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Though it isn't a massive structure, it is a good first response to any threat that may try to reach the settlement.

50252633328_bb73b196ca_c.jpgIsland Battery 2 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

A close up overview of the build:

50252633258_3fe282e2b5_c.jpgIsland Battery 3 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

-------------------------------------------

The next phase of building has begun for Brickford Landing! To be licensed by the faction as a small fort. C&C are welcome and appreciated!

Love the colors and the log design on the fort walls.  Looks like it was a fun creation to build!

Love how you have adapted the Barracuda Bay style for this fort. Licensed by Corrington as a small fort in Brickford Landing.

Nice little battery! It seems a very original design and, with his cannons right at the floating line, it might be quite a menace for smaller ships... at least until the first storm! :grin:

Many great little mocs are being posted today. Again I can only echo what the others have said This is a very nice little Fort. Again I like the barracuda bay style, I like little wood forts. The big wheeled cannons are a nice touch too.

This is a very nice little moc. Id love to see more little wooden forts around too. 

Count Vroski 

Looking good, I like the classic feel of the build, palm trees, parrot, etc.

Very nice "alt build" for the Barracuda set! Now prepare to be crushed for you haven't dug yourselves in! :pir_tong2:

Edited by blackdeathgr

15 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Love the colors and the log design on the fort walls.  Looks like it was a fun creation to build!

Thanks! Yes, it was fun to have the 1x1 rounds laying on the side to get that stacked log look.

15 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Love how you have adapted the Barracuda Bay style for this fort. Licensed by Corrington as a small fort in Brickford Landing.

Thank you! I'm sure a lot of my future builds will incorporate the style!

9 hours ago, Keymonus said:

Nice little battery! It seems a very original design and, with his cannons right at the floating line, it might be quite a menace for smaller ships... at least until the first storm! :grin:

Thanks! At least it won't be hard to repair!

8 hours ago, Count Vroskri said:

Many great little mocs are being posted today. Again I can only echo what the others have said This is a very nice little Fort. Again I like the barracuda bay style, I like little wood forts. The big wheeled cannons are a nice touch too.

This is a very nice little moc. Id love to see more little wooden forts around too. 

Count Vroski 

Thanks! I really like the barracuda bay style, so a lot of my future builds will have that feel to them.

I've always been a fan of small defensive positions so I had to build one myself!

6 hours ago, Bodi said:

Looking good, I like the classic feel of the build, palm trees, parrot, etc.

Thanks!

20 minutes ago, blackdeathgr said:

Very nice "alt build" for the Barracuda set! Now prepare to be crushed for you haven't dug yourselves in! :pir_tong2:

Thanks! That set has given me so many ideas.

Just wait until the main battery is constructed with the bigger guns! :cannon:

I echo many other people’s sentiments. I is a good little build with a classic feel to it. Nice use of the one by ones. 

Nicely done! - the rickety wood-work is great, especially the section tied with rope, and between the flag, palm trees, provisions, and the colors over-all, this has an awesome and very fun look to it! :pir-sweet:

4 hours ago, merc said:

I echo many other people’s sentiments. I is a good little build with a classic feel to it. Nice use of the one by ones. 

Thank you!

12 minutes ago, Garmadon said:

Nicely done! - the rickety wood-work is great, especially the section tied with rope, and between the flag, palm trees, provisions, and the colors over-all, this has an awesome and very fun look to it! :pir-sweet:

Thanks!

I really love the log and wood design of the battery. I've been wanting to do something in a similar style, but I find it a difficult way to build. Like the others have said, it really fits the Barracuda Bay style. It's a cool build.

17 hours ago, Khorne said:

I really love the log and wood design of the battery. I've been wanting to do something in a similar style, but I find it a difficult way to build. Like the others have said, it really fits the Barracuda Bay style. It's a cool build.

Thanks! 

This is indeed a nice little fortification - the Imperial Guards aren't known for their timber structures so this is a refreshing new direction for them.

Posted in the Classic Pirates Facebook Group :pir-thumb:

30 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

This is indeed a nice little fortification - the Imperial Guards aren't known for their timber structures so this is a refreshing new direction for them.

Posted in the Classic Pirates Facebook Group :pir-thumb:

Awesome, thank you!