SavaTheAggie

[MOC] NYC J3A 20th Century Limited Hudson (v2)

50073512486_3fc9e79ab5.jpgNew York Central Dreyfuss Hudson with XXL Disc drivers by Tony Sava, on Flickr

I upgraded my Dreyfuss to wear 3D printed XXL Disc drivers some time ago, but only recently took good photos of it.  It's hard to tell, but nearly half the locomotive was completely rebuilt to accommodate how XXL drivers handle curves.

She can no longer navigate standard LEGO curves or anything less than r88.  But she's my fastest and most reliable Locomotive, so I have no complaints.

50072944643_96935a1f54.jpgNew York Central Dreyfuss Hudson with XXL Disc drivers by Tony Sava, on Flickr

50072943858_4becf51982.jpgNew York Central Dreyfuss Hudson with XXL Disc drivers by Tony Sava, on Flickr

50072944368_aabd292484.jpgNew York Central Dreyfuss Hudson with XXL Disc drivers by Tony Sava, on Flickr

--Tony

Amazing work! (as usual) I too would like to see video, it would also be neat to see a photo of the engine in an R88 curve to see how you made it flex.

Here is the only video I have of the Locomotive in it's current configuration.  The audio quality stinks, but that's a problem of my phone which I have since fixed.

Here is a video of our test of it wearing the XXL drivers for the first time, but before I installed the custom rods and other details.

--Tony

On 8/22/2020 at 2:20 PM, SavaTheAggie said:

Here is the only video I have of the Locomotive in it's current configuration.  The audio quality stinks, but that's a problem of my phone which I have since fixed.

Looks amazing and quite the speed demon