RocketBoy

[Factions Ep. 6 - Cat B] (L13 - Fondor - CFS) Part 3: Stumble into Battle

*Your entry has earned 10 XP*

Part 1 (Cat A): The Sound in the Streets
Part 2 (Cat C): The CFS Peace and Quiet

Day 2 of CFS intervention in the Pyerce Affair.           
                The dreadnaught CFS PEACE AND QUIET orbits around the planet FONDOR, where the CFF Tilled Soil has drawn the PYERCE BLOCKADE into battle.
                BUT FORGET ALL THAT. Three troublesome maintenance workers on the Peace and Quiet are totally unaware of the impending BATTLE.

Spoiler

Suppi, Noora, and Webster had never once been thought of as heroes by anyone, including themselves, in all their lives. Sure, there was the “maintenance workers are the REAL heroes” sort of thing that you heard now and then from management whenever there was something really nasty that had to be done, but they didn’t actually mean it, so it didn’t count.

640x524.jpg

Noora knew her friends could do far more than just mop floors and wanted more for all three of them. “Great things,” she said. "We'll see the galaxy." 
                She dedicated herself to changing their lives for the better, no matter how content they were with the steady, dull work. Unfortunately, she was also a born con-woman, so her methods tended to be less than legal, and mostly ended with the three of them fleeing security. To Noora’s credit, she always took the blame.
                When they had hatched their latest plan to steal a valuable Imperial medal from a Talz merchant, they had figured that getting caught was the worst that could happen. It turned out getting caught hadn’t been that bad: they booked it into the tunnels with the Talz close on their tail, but quickly lost him and doubled back to the hangars.
                No, in fact, the worst was yet to come. It began when Noora caught sight of a ship, a “Snubble” fighter, sitting alone in the hangar. A gleam appeared in her eye, one familiar to her accomplices.

800x607.jpg

“Come on, you two,” she said. “We’re going to steal that ship!”
                Noora was the trio’s de facto leader. She had all the drive and charm of someone at the top of their game. Incredible confidence for someone who failed more often than she succeeded.
                Suppi, a Twi’lek, groaned. She was a realist. Always grumpy, but a sure hand with machines. “Sure, of course we are. Who’s gonna fly it, Noora? You?”
                “No,” replied Noora, who was already crossing the room. “You, of course.”
                Their third companion, Webster, mumbled an objection. “We’re already in pretty big trouble, you know! Maybe we shouldn’t steal a ship. I swear, Noora, you always know how to make things worse.”
                Webster was very nervous and careful, and he hated doing risky, dangerous, uncomfortable things. Ironically, those were the exact sort of things his friends often dragged him into doing.
                As always, his objection was ignored.
                “You worry too much, Web!” Noora grinned. “We’ll hop in this thing, fly around the cruiser to a different hangar—12b or 30b, maybe—then we’ll ditch it and run! Once we sell this medal in the Bochi Market, we’ll have enough for a ship of our own. Hopefully one better than this one . . . yikes! This thing is barely hanging by a thread.”
                “Don’t say that, or Web will bail before we even take off.” Suppi peered at the fighter with a knowledgeable eye. “It must be here for maintenance.”
                “Is it . . . uh, do you think it’s spaceworthy?” Webster asked.
                The door to the hangar slid open. The Talz merchant entered with two security officers. He pointed and shouted. The officers ran towards them.
                “It’ll have to be!” Suppi said. “Get in the gunner seats, both of you!”
                The three scrambled inside the starfighter. Suppi’ hands flew over the controls, raising them into the air and towards the vastness of space.
                “Seal the cockpits, Sups! Seal them!” Noora shouted.
                She did, and only just in time. The ship’s triple canopies closed with a hiss just as they passed through the shield. The Talz and security officers watched helplessly as the fighter slipped through their grasp.

800x532.jpg

Noora, Suppi, and Webster's relief welled over, and they burst into cheers. Suppi carefully guided the ship up and around the crest of the CFS Peace and Quiet. The planet Fondor came into view.
                “Does she fly alright, Yap?” asked Noora.
                “Seems like my right wing has a stabilizer problem, but if I self-correct it’s not a problem. Oh, karf!”
                Webster, who was packed into the bottom gunner position, frowned. “Everything okay up there?”
                “The communications package just fell apart. All I did was touch the casing! What a piece of junk.”
                “We won’t need it!” Noora assured. “Just a quick hop to another hangar, and we’re home free.”
                But they weren’t home free at all. At that moment, a few dozen fighters seemed to appear out of thin air around them, streaming out of the cruiser’s hangars, surrounding them like a school of fish. Webster nearly fainted. Noora felt her heart skip a beat. Suppi swore.
                “They’re not here for us, relax! They’re . . .”
                She trailed off as she connected the dots. Fondor, all these ships . . . She had heard a safety briefing about a battle, but had ignored it at the time. She twisted in her seat to look forward at the planet. It was surrounded by . . .

1280x692.jpg

“An Imperial blockade!” she yelped. “Suppi, we have to get out of here! We’re about to fly into a battle!"
                Suppi, for her part, had secretly always wanted to fight in a battle, but she wasn’t going to put her friends in danger if she could help it. She tried to navigate lower, back towards the cruiser. Another Snubble fighter rose into view, and she had to swerve to avoid a collision. She was blocked in from underneath, too.
                “Karf! I’m sorry, guys. It’s no good, I can’t break formation without communicating with the fleet!”
                Webster blanched. “Does that mean . . . Oh no. No, no, no!”

800x517.jpg

“Yeah, we’re joining this fight.”
                Noora looked out at the enormous shape of Fondor, with the gray Imperial ships ahead of them. She saw tiny dots—enemy starfighters, bristling with guns. A CFS Frigate was taking fire, lit up in the glow of green turbolasers.

800x600.jpg

She felt the stolen medal in the pocket of her coveralls. This wasn’t like her heists and petty thefts. This was life or death.
                She gawked in horror at the battle ahead. “This is on me. I got us into this mess.”
                For a moment, there was silence in the Snubble fighter. She wasn’t wrong, after all.
                “I’m . . . so sorry, guys. All these stupid plans and schemes and . . . If we live, I swear I’ll never do this again.”
                “It’s okay, Noora. We get it,” Suppi said calmly. “Not like you could’ve known this would happen.”
                “Besides,” Webster added in a forced-cheerful tone. “It’s not like we didn’t follow you on your terrible escapade. Can’t really blame anyone but ourselves, can we? And hey, maybe this is a chance for that ‘something greater’ you’re always prattling on about, eh?”
                “That’s . . . suspiciously optimistic from you, Web.”
                “Eh, it’s either that or I scream until I pass out.”
                Noora grabbed the control sticks in front of her, watched the rear guns point where she guided them. “Okay, okay. It’s okay. Just a little change in plan, that’s all,” she mumbled to herself. “We can do this, yeah? Just point and shoot.”
                Suppi wasn’t afraid at all. On the contrary, she felt more excited than she had in a long time, a thrill coursing up her spine. Finally, a chance to fly into battle, to prove her skills. She was ready.

800x600.jpg

Well, besides the busted wing.
                “Looks like we’re a part of the CFS Aux fleet today, guys,” Suppi announced, her voice thin in the hollow air of the fighter’s cabin.
                Noora wiped her sweaty hands on the legs of her coveralls. “Sups, give us some orders.”
                The Twi’lek wet her bottom lip, her eyes straight ahead. “Keep your guns straight, and watch for TIE fighters, I…I guess. I’ll try and keep us away from too much danger. If . . . if I can.”
                “Got it,” Noora agreed, swelling with pride.
                “Got it . . . “ Webster sighed.
                Resigned, he gave his own controls a try. A bright green laser-beam erupted from the glass in front of him, just narrowly missing another CFS fighter. “Woah! Big laser!” he cried, recoiling. “I’m sorry, I didn’t know what that did! I nearly fried that guy!”
                “Save it for the imps, Web!”
                Suppi tightened her grip on the controls. She was constantly aware of the tilt toward the left, but she could handle it, she hoped. She had never been in a battle before, but it couldn’t be that different from simulations, right?
                “Are you two ready?”
               Swarms of TIE fighters were racing towards them. CFS fighters broke off to engage.

800x451.jpg

Noora took a deep breath. “As I’ll ever be.”
                “Sure, sure,” Webster said from below. “Uh, don’t get me killed though, please?”
                Suppi shoved the throttle forward. “No promises, buddy!”
                The three of them roared into combat.
                This was the worst that could happen.

The Bridge of the CFS Peace and Quiet

800x558.jpg

Zeltron Analyst Masian Gaal turned from the holographic readout towards the Admiral’s chair. “Sir, the Tilled Soil overshot its position coming out of hyperspace. The frigate’s forward shields are taking too much fire from those cruisers! They can’t maintain combat efficiency under this kind of pressure.”
                Admiral Yima nodded. “Then we should move forward and give the Imperials something else to shoot at. Move us up to join our friends, please, Mr. Tuuk. Let’s press our element of surprise.”
                First Mate Korla Neen spoke sharply, in contrast to the Admiral’s gentle, deep voice. “All power to rear thrusters. Shields and weapons on standby.”
                “Our fighters have engaged the enemy, sir! They’ll thin out the TIE fighters before making their run on the cruiser, to minimize causalities.”
                Analysts murmured among themselves. “Haven’t heard that in a while.”
                “What a light show!”

Back in the Cockpit of the Stolen Snubble Fighter

“Whoa, whoa! That’s an actual TIE fighter chasing us! It has guns! It’s firing them. It’s firing its guns!”
                “Then shoot it, Noora!”
                Noora squeezed the triggers. Her laser cannons flashed with blaster fire. Red bolts blew sparks out of the gleaming surface of the TIE, and it spun away out of view.

640x480.jpg

“Great shot!”
                Webster’s voice wobbled. “Sure, sure, great shot, sure, but that was ridiculously close! This is it, isn’t it? We’re going to die, aren’t we?”
                “Shut up, Web!” Suppi growled. “Listen, the other fighters are doing just fine against these TIE Fighters, it’s the cruiser that’s the problem.”
                “Obviously!” Webster scoffed. “It has the biggest guns!”
                Noora watched turbolaser shots smash against the failing shields of the CFF Tilled Soil. The ship looked like it would collapse before its support got anywhere close. Her heart hammered in her chest. “That CFS Frigate is getting shot too much. You think it’ll be okay?”
                “No, Noora, I don’t.” Suppi went quiet. When she spoke again, her voice was edged with determination. “We’ve got to do something.”
                Web didn’t agree. “Whoa, whoa, hold on! There’s got to be a reason the other fighters aren’t going close to that cruiser, aye? No way are we—“
                Suppi cut him off. “Web, get ready on your gun thing. We’re going to hit the cruiser.”
                “Excuse me?”
                “Aim for the turbolasers. It’s just like a faulty pipe back in the tunnels—we just need to lose the pressure on that frigate. Noora, watch for TIEs!”
                Noora loosed a few shots at a TIE streaking past. “You got it, Sups. Um, you sure about this? Going in alone?”
                “Of course!” she said, her voice cracking. She wasn’t sure in the least, but she had an instinct she had to follow. She cleared her throat. “Uh, just in case . . . I, erg, love you both. I know I’m, eh, hard to be around sometimes. Sorry, eh, for that.” The words had to fight their way out. She wasn’t used to gushy stuff.

800x736.jpg

“You know where I stand,” Noora said sincerely. “Love you too, Sups.”
                “I can’t believe you two are going to actually get me killed,” Webster whined.
                “Only good feelings here, Web! Get with the program.”
                “Alright, alright. I love you guys too.”
                “You got your gun ready?” Suppi asked. 
                “What, the bright green beam-ey one?”
                “Yes! Get ready to fire!”
                “O-okay, if you say so! But I can’t be blamed for anything that happens, you did tell me to—“
                The surface cannons on the Imperial Light Cruiser swiveled to face the incoming CFS fighter. Green bolts streaked by.
                “Quiet Web, I need to concentrate!"

800x437.jpg

800x600.jpg

Data Master Bey’wan Pwua’tua stared at his readout and tried to rein in his disbelief. “Admiral, the Tilled Soil…its shields are rapidly failing. We took into account Pyerce’s potential modification of his cruisers, but firepower of this magnitude was outside our projections.”
                Admiral Yima’s expression was unreadable. “How long, Bey’wan?”
                The Bothan wasted no time. “Two minutes, sir.”
                “And how long until our own weapons are in range?”

800x629.jpg

Defense Systems Analyst Zara Car leaned back over her chair, eyes wide. “Three,” she reported.
                It shouldn’t have been that long, but the Tilled Soil overshot its position when it first arrived. A tiny mistake with huge consequences. The danger of fielding a fleet not used to battle.

800x600.jpg

Yima took a deep breath, and a long drought of his tea.
                The deaths on the
Tilled Soil were his responsibility. They’d been the point of the spear for their sneak attack, but it put them in a dangerous position. He should have considered this possibility, he should have been more cautious. Though it was indiscernible in his expression, sorrow gripped his soul. Outward, he was stoic. Calm. The crew looked to him in expectant silence.

1280x604.jpg

“Continue on our current path, Mr. Tuuk.”
                “Aye-aye, sir.”
                “Prepare our forward cannons, Ms. Car!”
                “Yes, sir!”
                All is as the Force wills it. Admiral Yima refused to count his nerfs before they’d hatched.
                The Tilled Soil still had two minutes.

Green blaster fire filled the space around their fighter. Suppi flipped and spun and swung the ship out of the way, the drag on the right wing ever present in her mind. Webster hurled, but didn’t complain about it. Maybe the g-forces were keeping him quiet.
                A squadron would have been decimated, just by sheer probability. The coverage of the surface cannons would have picked apart every third ship, and TIEs would have cleaned up the rest, but they had trouble catching only one. It was a design flaw you would think Pyerce would try to root out.
                Noora’s hands were white-knuckled on her control sticks. She tried to fire at a TIE on their tail, but it exploded before she could pull the trigger, a victim of a blast from a surface cannon.
                “Turbolaser coming up!” Suppi heard herself scream.
                “It’s now or never, Web!”
                “Ugh, I think I’m going to—“
                “WEBSTER, SHOOT NOW!”
                Web leaned forward, felt his stomach heave, but managed to press his controls.

800x609.jpg

A bright green beam erupted from his view screen. He watched it rip through the durasteel of the massive turbolaser below, leaving a long fiery trail across its surface. Whatever Pyerce had done to soup up the cannons, it didn’t agree with being shot up close.
                Several tiny explosions within; he had hit something important. A second of silence, before the huge gun blew like a volcano, sending cruiser armor peeling back around it, flinging shrapnel into space.

800x451.jpg

“Sir, the Imperial Cruiser . . . “
                Nothing needed to be said. Everyone watched the explosion tear apart the enemy ship. Its remaining gun went silent.
                “Hail from Tilled Soil, sir! They’re diverting power from their shields to attack the cruiser!”
                Admiral Yima wanted to leap up onto his chair, dance around, and shout for joy. He contented himself with a smile. “Join their attack! I’m sure they’ll appreciate a few friends,” he ordered.
                A relieved ‘hurrah’ went up, and the bridge crew returned to their duties in a flurry of activity. They had expected to be forced to watch the distant deaths of another crew, unable to help them. But something had happened, someone had come through, and now they all they had to do was rout the enemy.

1280x720.jpg

As the market dreadnaught CFS Peace and Quiet came into range, its chin gun shot forth a beam that split one of the remaining ILCs in two. CFF Songbird and Sedition let loose a barrage from their turbolasers on the Pyerce cruisers.
                “Enemy ships are preparing to jump to Hyperspace, sir.”
                Another analyst added, “Their combat efficiency is at single digit percentages. Of course they are!”
                A third couldn’t suppress her excitement. “Then this section of the siege is broken! Our ground teams are safe!”
                Admiral Yima could hold it in no longer. He beamed around at his crew, then he laughed a great big enormous laugh that was a little startling, if we’re honest. He laughed, and laughed, and laughed until there were tears to wipe off his face.

Alarm klaxons blared inside the cockpit. Suppi whacked her console.
                “My system displays aren’t working. Karf this piece of garbage ship! Noora, I need you to look out and see what’s going on! My stick is even worse than before!”
                Noora craned her neck around to look. “I hate to tell you this . . . “
                “Noora, what?”
                “The wing is coming off. We must have been hit by shrapnel!”
                “The wing is doing what?” Webster gasped. “We got hit by what?”
                “Oh shast. TIES coming up on us!”

800x600.jpg

“We’re sitting ducks! Shoot them, Noora!”
                “I will, Suppi, if you can hold this thing steady!”
                She could hear the muffled scream of the TIE’s engines creeping up on them. Suppi pulled the ship around, trying to get back towards the Peace and Quiet.
                “Steady, steady . . . “
                Webster lost his cool. “Will you just shoot it, woman!”
                “If I miss, it’ll throw us off even worse. I gotta make this!”
                Her targeting computer showed the Imperial Starfighter inching into the kill box.
                “Closer, just a little bit. Come on you Imperial bast—“
                For the second time, Noora was too late to hit her target. But not because the TIE fired first, nor because it was hit by one of its own surface guns, but because a CFS pilot had seen the struggling craft and ventured out to assist. The other Snubble fighter whizzed past the TIE wreckage and pulled back around to fly level alongside them.

800x600.jpg

Suppi motioned to the other pilot that her comms weren’t working. They indicated they understood, and pointed at the Peace and Quiet. Get back to the ship, was their implicit statement. We’ll watch your back.
                “Finally, a professional pilot. Although . . . credit where credit is due; I hate to admit it, Suppi, but I’m impressed. You’re a lot better at this than you are at mopping a floor.”
                “Oh shut up, Web.”
                Noora collapsed into her seat. They were safe. They did it.
                Suppi did it.

800x387.jpg

Epilogue

“Sir, we’ve received word from our ground operatives.”
                Admiral Yima set down his teacup. “What is the news, my friend?”
                “Protestors got the upper hand when the blockade was broken. Strike Teams have captured several Pyerce officers. More have been eliminated.”
                The Admiral shook his head slowly. It had to be done, but death was never worth celebrating. “I understand, thank you.”
                “There’s one more thing, sir. The pilots who ran the early attack on the cruiser, the ones that saved the Tilled Soil . . . well, they’re not, uh, pilots, sir.”
                Admiral Yima turned in his chair. He raised an eyebrow.
                “Hm?”

It wasn’t until they got back to the Peace and Quiet that Noora, Suppi, and Webster learned the magnitude of what they had done. While the Peace and Quiet, Songbird, and Sedition would have routed the ILCs alone, their actions had likely prevented the deaths of hundreds aboard the CFF Tilled Soil.
                They had not forgotten that they’d stolen a ship to join the battle, nor the crime they’d committed immediately beforehand. So after lying low for a few days, it was to their immense surprise and discomfort when they received an invitation from Admiral Yima to a ceremony on the bridge.

800x600.jpg

They stood amidst very official bridge crew looking into the old, lumpy face of Admiral Yima.
                “Captain Malusk, your squadrons served us well. Let them know how thankful I am, will you? And you three . . .”
                He turned his curious gaze on them. Noora wanted to hide behind something. Suppi held her head high, almost defiant. Webster clearly felt nauseous.
                “You are maintenance workers, yes? Not often that maintenance workers deliver the decisive blow of a battle. Another good reminder to us all to not trust what we first see when we look at others. Everyone has the capacity to surprise us. Something to give others that we would not expect. You, you’re the pilot, yes?”
                “Y-Yes sir,” Suppi said stiffly.
                “You show great skill and natural talent. How’d you like to join the Captain’s squadron?”
                She turned to the man, who smiled. “We’d be lucky to have you.”
                She could barely conceal her excitement, but a sudden thought made her turn to her friends, as if asking permission.

Words passed between them in silence. Both Noora and Webster nodded encouragingly.
                "Go ahead," Noora murmured. 

1280x960.jpg

Suppi turned back, back straight.
                “An honeh," she croaked.
                Yima squinted. “I’m sorry, what was that?”
                “An honor! It’d be an honor, sir!”
                The old admiral smiled. “Then, so be it! And how about you two? What would you two like?”
                Noora and Webster hadn’t expected a question like that. They stared at one another, completely stumped.
                “A medal, I guess?”
                There was a glint in Yima’s eye, and he stepped forward. He spoke so that only Norra could hear.
                “From what I understand, you’ve already got a medal.”
                She felt herself pale. The stolen medal in her pocket suddenly felt a hundred pounds heavier.
                He laughed at her response, dismissing her concerns. “No worries, no worries, young one. Give it to my first mate, and we’ll take care of that. Now, I hear you want to see the galaxy.”
                Noora blinked. “Uh, I . . . yes, sir.”
                “I’m sure we can find a ship around here somewhere that’ll do the trick! And you? Are . . . are you alright? You look a little sick.”
                “I’m—uhh—fine,” Webster replied unconvincingly.
                “Hmmm,” Yima rubbed his own chin. “I have just the tea for how you’re feeling. I’ll get you some in a moment. Anything you’d like?”
                “Uhh . . . well . . .” Webster seemed to collect his thoughts, and looked a little embarrassed. “I hate space travel, but all I’ve ever known is following these two around. I think I’d like to travel with this one, even if she is crazy. And maybe I’ll retire to the colonies.”
                “The colonies?” Suppi couldn’t help but say. “But you hate dirt!”
                “I could learn to like it!” Webster snapped back.
                Admiral Yima chuckled. “Sounds lovely to me. We will see what we can do.”
                Noora sniffled, looking at her two friends. “All this time, I thought I’d be the one to get us somewhere, to take us to greatness. But it was you, Suppi. You did it all. Damn you.”
                “Oh shut up,” said Suppi, trying hard not to tear up. “Come here, you two.”
                The three shared an awkward, genuine embrace. It said a lot that none of them quite knew how to say.
                Admiral Yima laughed brightly, and turned back to his crew. “Good work to all of you! Everyone aboard the Peace and Quiet deserves the greatest gratitude we can show. I could not ask for finer people to work alongside and share my tea recipes with. Cheers, to all of you! Cheers to Peace and Quiet!”
                Applause. Fanfare. Cheering. Celebration. Dining provided by a famous Jawa chef. Everything you’d imagine.
                There would be other warlords, and other battles, but not today, not right now.
                Right now there was peace.

1280x960.jpg

Build Pictures:

Spoiler

This post turned into a huge project as I started writing and editing and realizing I wanted to do something really big. The builds themselves were the result of a month-and-a-half of designing and redesigning and fiddling and iterating, but I'm happy with where it all landed.

The Baktoid-Chall "Snubble" Fighter

Spoiler

Baktoid-Chall Buuper-20 “Snubble” Heavy Starfighter
"A collaboration between the newly reformed Baktoid Workshop and Haor-Chall Engineering, the Snubble (or “Snubgunner”) fighter is a three-person ship that offers overwhelming firepower and Baktoid’s signature strong armor, at the cost of relatively low speeds. The ship has five primary weapons: two pilot-controlled laser cannons, two aft laser cannons, and a keel laser-beam directed by the bottom gunner. This allows the ship to make attack runs even while performing evasive maneuvers. The Pilot has control of a suite of proton torpedoes and concussion missiles.
                The Snubble is often deployed alongside Vulture Starfighters, Tri-Fighters, or a similar light craft that can run interference against enemy fighters."

The Snubble was my attempt to make a starfighter equivalent to the AAT, so it was based on a lot of Trade Federation design language. The rounded, flat wings are based on the Lander. It also has sort of a WWII (or ARC-170) thing going on with the rear and bottom gunners. Goatman encouraged me to greeble the wings, so using taps and tubes to add texture worked, I think. I think Separatist ships are a lot of fun to design (even if they're a pain to build. Ugh, rounded edges), and luckily the CFS has a lot of room to do that. 

640x486.jpg

640x361.jpg

800x308.jpg'

Pyerce TIE Vengeance, and Pyerce Imperial Light Cruiser (ILC) or Arquitens-class cruiser. I redesigned the ILC a week before posting, and I'm really happy with the result. 

800x310.jpg

The fleet of mini-Munificent Frigates, a TF-style Lander, and my "Colony Lander". (Neither lander was in the post itself.) I love Separatist designs, they're so interesting. 

800x330.jpg

My souped-up dreadnought based on the Recusant-class destroyer, the CFS Peace and Quiet. I had a lot of fun with this one. The engines are reverse-engineered from a model by "The Darth Designer", with a lot of modifications.

Thanks so much for reading! Hope you enjoyed my middling attempts at editing and this very long (for a Factions post) story. Wouldn't expect anyone to put themselves through that. Appreciate it.

Edited by goatman461

A lengthy story, but worth following to the end!
I like the little starfighter build and the story that brings them into the larger battle. 

The capital ship micro builds are great!

On 8/22/2020 at 3:52 AM, marvelBoy123 said:

Love the snubble fighter, the tan works really well and the multiple cockpits look really cool!

On 8/22/2020 at 4:54 AM, Ross Fisher said:

Long read, but a great story. You've made a lot of those little builds. 

On 8/22/2020 at 7:00 AM, Simulterious said:

I second that 

On 8/22/2020 at 2:51 PM, n1majneb said:

A lengthy story, but worth following to the end!
I like the little starfighter build and the story that brings them into the larger battle. 

The capital ship micro builds are great!

Thank you guys so much! I wouldn't blame anyone for skimming the story for the pictures, it's a long one. Thanks for giving me your time.
Thanks for the comments on the builds. The Snubble fighter was an attempt to make a Starfighter equivalent of the AAT, so I was looking at all that Trade Federation design language. It also has sort of an ARC-170 thing going on with the gunner, but that's just very WWII. Goatman encouraged me to greeble up the wings, and I'm glad with how they turned out. Using taps and pipes was fun. 

Just uploaded build pictures of the micro builds.

The story was totally worth reading all the way through! A little unbelievable. But I love the way you share the different perspectives. Your snub fighter is a nice design. Feels a little blocky, but overall nice. I think it's the transitions that make it look blocky.

And your micro ships are great. Love the CIS landers!