Sign in to follow this  
Kozikyo86

[MOC] The Siege of Bricks

Hi!

Some time ago I start built my medieval Trebuchet MOC, based on my first design from 2010 year.

The final project is ready! What's more, it will be part of my new diorama! ?

The project "The Siege of Bricks" will be diorama in a winter world, my army will be preparing to siege the city (that will be built by my friend form Cube Brick YT channel.

Going back to the Trebuchet - it's contain 300 parts, range is 6-7 meters, which I consider a huge success because the initial range was 3 meters.

You can find more about this construction on my YouTube - Edge of Bricks (link below), where you can see how this machine works and more about the project ?

The tutorial will be available soon!

The Siege of Bricks

The Siege of Bricks

The Siege of Bricks

Great job on the trebuchet!  The fact that it looks good but also is properly functional (with nice range) is excellent.  Cool seeing it in action.  :classic: 

Nice looking faction there.  The trebuchet is very nicely done, and has some great range to it.  Good video too.  

11 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Cool :)

Thanks!

5 hours ago, deraven said:

Great job on the trebuchet!  The fact that it looks good but also is properly functional (with nice range) is excellent.  Cool seeing it in action.  :classic: 

Thank you very much! The look may not be perfect, but I wanted it to work :)

4 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Nice looking faction there.  The trebuchet is very nicely done, and has some great range to it.  Good video too.  

Thanks a lot! Hope it will look great on winter terrain

It will be a dream come true if it becomes a set!

Hi all!

My friend from Cube Bricks channel also begin construction and released the first episode!

He also built a siege engine, the Ballista/Scorpio, about the kind that appeared in Season 8 of Game of Thrones!

Coming back to my construction - now I have a fragment of the area, the first outline of the river. I also start building pine trees. If you know any cool tutorials for this trees, please link :)

Thank you all for your interest in this topic :) 

Time flies so there is construction progress as well! I already have the first outline of the diorama.

I built the first fragment of the river and the area for the trebuchet.

In addition, I finished the first tree - I think I will do a tutorial for it, because I haven't found many such guides myself, and I know that they would be useful.

Soon on my channel there will be a second episode of construction where I will tell much more about this construction. I will write a tutorial on how to build a trebuchet in future episodes!

The Siege of Bricks

The Siege of Bricks

15 hours ago, KotZ said:

That tree is fantastic! It looks so good.

Thanks! Tutorial is ready!

Hi!

Second Episode is ready! Include Spruce Tree tutorial! :) 

Hi!

Today I added a new video with what many of you have been waiting for! Tutorial for the trebuchet :)

Contains 315 parts, also you need few strings and lead balls (from fishing shop).

Hi!

I'm slowly building my project, another construction report coming soon!

Meanwhile, I wanted to show you a new, small siege machine which:

THE MANTLET

It is a mobile shield that, for example, archers can hide behind and shoot the enemy from a safe position.

The tutorial for this machine will be available in next episode, contains only 59 parts! What's more, it has an emblem on the front that is easy to change :)

The Mantlet by Edge of Bricks_1

The Siege of Bricks Episode 4

YES!! I love the feel and the colors, very medieval and very good! :thumbup:

My local shop has run out of Tournament Knights (from what I can ID), only managed to get 4. Your project makes me want to bring a chair to every shop with CMF's and just start to feel every single bag to get more of those bad boys :rofl:

Edited by Sarophas

9 hours ago, Sarophas said:

YES!! I love the feel and the colors, very medieval and very good! :thumbup:

My local shop has run out of Tournament Knights (from what I can ID), only managed to get 4. Your project makes me want to bring a chair to every shop with CMF's and just start to feel every single bag to get more of those bad boys :rofl:

Thanks a lot! I still think I could have twice as many! Knights are great :)

New, fourth episode appear on my channel! With new tutorial for Mantlet.

Hi!

The end of construction is very close! I think 2-3 more weeks and MOC will be ready :)

Meanwhile, a few shots for details:

The Siege of Bricks MOC

The Siege of Bricks MOC

The Siege of Bricks MOC

After 3 months of construction, my MOC is ready!

The Siege of Bricks is the name of my project where my army is preparing to siege a city. The action takes place at the end of winter, the first plants come to life.

The main element is the trebuchet, the siege machine I built. The main thing is that the guns can fly and the bullets are flying about 6 meters!

The tutorial for machines and trees is now available!

You will see more soon in my final review - in a few days on my YouTube - Edge of Bricks :classic:

The Siege of Bricks MOC

The Siege of Bricks MOC

On 10/21/2020 at 4:36 PM, Sarophas said:

Great job! :thumbup:

Thanks a lot! :classic:

Final episode just appear on my channel!

Full review and presentation of all details :classic: