Sign in to follow this  
SteamSewnEmpire

[MOC] 34-gun Razee

@SteamSewnEmpire

As @Mister Phes said, this is a very nice ship. It has a lot of details not included in most mocs, such as the red canvas? After House? Anyway, what a beautiful ship you have built for yourself. If this was rendered or built in real life it would be frontpaged in an instance. A word of advice: from the side she looks a bit low-riding.

Well done on this ship, and keep up the great work! 

Edited by Count Vroskri

9 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

You've done a mighty fine job here, sir! :pir-thumb:

Which software did you use?

Lego Digital Designer. Thanks!

8 hours ago, Count Vroskri said:

@SteamSewnEmpire

As @Mister Phes said, this is a very nice ship. It has a lot of details not included in most mocs, such as the red canvas? After House? Anyway, what a beautiful ship you have built for yourself. If this was rendered or built in real life it would be frontpaged in an instance. A word of advice: from the side she looks a bit low-riding.

Well done on this ship, and keep up the great work! 

I kind of waffled on the waterline height. I feel like Razees were fairly low slung. Based on the render below (and the waterline shot), do you think it needs to be heightened?

zYB450r.png

I may be reworking the bow and stern to give the appearance of more flare, anyway, so if you believe it's still too low, I can give it a look. I really also want to make more of an effort to capture the clipper-like bow on the razees.

3 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Cool!

Thanks!

Edited by SteamSewnEmpire

13 hours ago, SteamSewnEmpire said:

Lego Digital Designer. Thanks!

I kind of waffled on the waterline height. I feel like Razees were fairly low slung. Based on the render below (and the waterline shot), do you think it needs to be heightened?

zYB450r.png

I may be reworking the bow and stern to give the appearance of more flare, anyway, so if you believe it's still too low, I can give it a look. I really also want to make more of an effort to capture the clipper-like bow on the razees.

Thanks!

I am sorry, now  I see the side photo of that render I certainly see what you mean. It didn't look right but its almost identical to the pic and now I see you've got it spot on. 

In other words, I'd maybe have some stern to bow height increase, middle low, bow and stern higher like in the plans. Another thing- I'd removed the crane from the foremast and move the bell closer to the center of the ship. 

Well done! 

Count Vroski 

8 hours ago, Count Vroskri said:

I am sorry, now  I see the side photo of that render I certainly see what you mean. It didn't look right but its almost identical to the pic and now I see you've got it spot on. 

In other words, I'd maybe have some stern to bow height increase, middle low, bow and stern higher like in the plans. Another thing- I'd removed the crane from the foremast and move the bell closer to the center of the ship. 

Well done! 

Count Vroski 

No worries - never say sorry about advice. I decided to redo the whole ship anyway. Look for the Indefatigable thread!