TGBDZ

[MOC] GHOST - VCX-100 light freighter (INSTRUCTIONS AVAILABLE ON BRICKVAULT)

UPDATE! (DECEMBER 2022)

Version 2 has gone live (Sorry for the delay), new function video can be seen on Brickvault YT channel (Click  HERE)

800x600.jpg 800x601.jpg

List of changes: 

- Upgraded landing gear - no more tilting to the backside with Phantom II docked
- Reinforced main engines - additional support to prevent the main engines from disconnecting from the fusselage
- Corrected color scheme to better match one in the Rebels TV show
- Reduced greebles and added slight discoluration to match better with the one in the Rebels TV show
- Changed docking port design
- Reinforced front mandibles using new SNOT bricks from Super Mario series
- Changed engine thruster color from Transparent Light Blue to Transparent Neon Orange (Transparent  Yellow color is reserved for frontal lights)
- Added limiters to pilot canopy piece, to ensure that it won't close too far. (Closing the canopy fully ensured incorrect placement of the frontal roof piece)
- Reworked common room layout now includes corner sofa and a smaller kitchen area
- Reworked Phantom I*
- Reworked Phantom II**
* Not minifigure compatible
** Both Phantom older versions are still usable

Everyone who has purchased the original instructions should receive the new ones for free. 

800x603.jpg 800x599.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After 3 years of work and 2 different iterrations I can proudly present one of my favorite SW ships - GHOST

50207849226_09d292c68f_c.jpg

Part count - Approx. 4100 (excluding phantom)
Length - 62 studs (50 cm)
Width -  50 studs (40 cm)
Height - 26 studs (20,5 cm)

It's not a minifig scale model, but rather a playscale one - it is designed to fit the minifigures, but when corresponding to proper scale model the inner rooms are smaller and I had some artistic freedom making them to my likings and configuration. 

50208125272_57bb196c1a_c.jpg

GHOST suffers from being heavy to the rear end, to prevent the model from tipping the chasis/landing gear is slightly angled forward and therfore model can stand on it's own without any additional support at the back. 

50207849161_19c9b08abe_c.jpg

50207322843_f05887f295_c.jpg

GHOST features modular removable sections - Phantom docking bay, top floor with the gunner position and roof sections in the front and the back. All of the removed sections reveal an interrior space that can be used by minifigures. 

And yes, this model is made IRL as well. It was one of those rare times that I made model with real bricks first and only then it made in digital form. 

49960919907_fa918b51f3_c.jpg

50221270322_017996527f_c.jpg

Compared to the UCS Star destroyer 75252, GHOST looks rather small, but to be honest a lot of MOC's look rather small next to that thing! 

More photos/renders of interrior and Phantom will be added soon. 

Also, the instructions are being worked on right now. 

Update (17.08.20)

Renders for the Phantom and how it fits with the ship. 

50234194126_1f87f90027_w.jpg 50233537368_657ce5299a_w.jpg

50233633513_7501cd9869_c.jpg

Also. description and top view of the accessible interrior.

Main floor

50235375653_f6a202b10a_c.jpg

Top Floor

50236241107_11b94e8597_c.jpg

Rooms as following: 

1. Front gunner seat, accessible by lowering ladder
2. Pilot position, accessible from the communication room
3. Communication room and droid repair station
4. Main hallway, connects main ramp, living quarters, communication room, both airlocks* and the backside of the ship
5. Living quarters - has 3 beds, table and some basic furniture to accomodate basic minifgure needs
6. Cargo elevator. Can be used to access the lower cargo hold**
7. Right airlock
8. Left airlock and doorway to common room
9. Access to upper level, main gunner seat and Phantom docking bay
10. Armory and gunsmith
11. Dejarik and dining table
12. Kitchen area 
13. Bathroom 
14. Engine room, houses 2 hyperdive units and signal jammer
15. Main gunner position***
16. Access hatch for the docking bay
17. Phantom Docking bay

*Airlocks cannot be opened due to the structure of the build, they are keeping all the side connections together and play major role to make GHOST swooshable.
** Lower cargo hold access is limited, therfore it's hard tu use it for "playing" porpuses. It's possible to put some cargo and boxes while still building this MOC. Cargo will be seen through the large 8x8 grill pieces.
*** Main gun on the top of the ship is fixed and can be reattached at 90 degree increments. I tried to make it freely rotateble but at this scale I didn't want to sacrifce looks for this small function. 

50236026951_b8954cf620_c.jpg

50235375633_686e46110e_c.jpg

Hope to finish instructions till the end of the August for anyone who is interested in buying my playscale GHOST.

UPDATE (11.09.2020)

Instructions available at Daves Customs shop! Check it here - Daves Customs Shop

UPDATE (23.01.2021)

From now on the instructions are available on Brickvault.toys - VIDEO review here

Edited by TGBDZ
New update

13 hours ago, Omand said:

Wow!  Looks great so far.

Thanks! 

11 hours ago, n1majneb said:

This is great, looks really impressive, do you have interior images?

Yes, I have made some renders and have updated the main post. Check the pictures there! :) 

6 minutes ago, TGBDZ said:

Thanks! 

Yes, I have made some renders and have updated the main post. Check the pictures there! :) 

Looks brilliant! The interior works incredibly well and i think i'd look out for these instructions as its a really faithful set up!

9 hours ago, n1majneb said:

Looks brilliant! The interior works incredibly well and i think i'd look out for these instructions as its a really faithful set up!

Thanks man! Will let You know when they will be up for sale! 

8 hours ago, Gusseteer said:

Amazing work. Looks so cool.

Thank You! 

This is amazing I had an Idea for you about the cargo place you can't reach you could make it a couple plates (plates meaning tiles and then have something connect to the bottom) then just pull the bottom out so you then can get into cargo area which is now accessible.

Also great job on smooth and sleek tiles, you have done an amazing job even with these mad angles man.

Edited by James666
Spelling and grammar

13 hours ago, James666 said:

This is amazing I had an Idea for you about the cargo place you can't reach you could make it a couple plates (plates meaning tiles and then have something connect to the bottom) then just pull the bottom out so you then can get into cargo area which is now accessible.

Also great job on smooth and sleek tiles, you have done an amazing job even with these mad angles man.

Thanks! 

As for the lower cargo room it's possible to make the side walls/panels to be removable for access on both sides. It won't give a lot of room for play but it's enough to put some cargo in it. As for the floor of the cargo bay - it's one large plate to support whole weight of the ship and it's not possible to make some removable plates there. Anyway, thanks for the ideas! 

4 hours ago, TGBDZ said:

Thanks! 

As for the lower cargo room it's possible to make the side walls/panels to be removable for access on both sides. It won't give a lot of room for play but it's enough to put some cargo in it. As for the floor of the cargo bay - it's one large plate to support whole weight of the ship and it's not possible to make some removable plates there. Anyway, thanks for the ideas! 

That's good it's accessible though what I meant was as it is one plate have a couple studs show and then tile so you could potentially move it off then add a locking mechanism so its all sturdy etc, this was just my thoughts anyway amazing build and looking forward for the instructions.

Also are the landing gear removable for flying stand as that would be awesome?

Edited by James666

47 minutes ago, James666 said:

That's good it's accessible though what I meant was as it is one plate have a couple studs show and then tile so you could potentially move it off then add a locking mechanism so its all sturdy etc, this was just my thoughts anyway amazing build and looking forward for the instructions.

Also are the landing gear removable for flying stand as that would be awesome?

Lanfing gear is easily detachable, front leg is held in place by 3 studs and the rear legs are atached by 4 studs each. 

As for the flying stand - the underside has several strongpoints that the stand could be attached so it would be possible. Haven't made a stand though, but I like how the Ghost simply sits on the ground. 

Edited by TGBDZ

31 minutes ago, TGBDZ said:

Lanfing gear is easily detachable, front leg is held in place by 3 studs and the rear legs are atached by 4 studs each. 

As for the flying stand - the underside has several strongpoints that the stand could be attached so it would be possible. Haven't made a stand though, but I like how the Ghost simply sits on the ground. 

Don't get me wrong but yeah stands great on the landing gear I love the solution for it to stand, very amazing and looks like thats how it would in the show if it had that problem lol.

Oh and also whats that gray peice where the docking is?

Edited by James666

1 hour ago, James666 said:

Don't get me wrong but yeah stands great on the landing gear I love the solution for it to stand, very amazing and looks like thats how it would in the show if it had that problem lol.

Oh and also whats that gray peice where the docking is?

The grated part? Its an 8x8 modified plate piece

Just now, n1majneb said:

The gray circle thingy I don't know the name of the piece but it has the dark bluish gray piece in the middle.

3 minutes ago, n1majneb said:

I think he was reffering to the docking port round part - it's a bottom half of the technic turntable, part 18939 (https://rebrickable.com/parts/18939/technic-turntable-large-type-3-base/)

1 minute ago, James666 said:

The gray circle thingy I don't know the name of the piece but it has the dark bluish gray piece in the middle.

See above :) 

On 8/19/2020 at 12:50 PM, TGBDZ said:

Can't wait to buy instructions and build this, gonna have great time playing with it haha definitely succeded with everything.

23 minutes ago, James666 said:

Can't wait to buy instructions and build this, gonna have great time playing with it haha definitely succeded with everything.

Good to hear that! 

Instructions would be ready much sooner if the Studio IO wouldn't lag so much on me... they will be done but not as fast as I would like.. 

What a great moc. I don't usely venture Into the star wars forum, but I love the ghost and this is certainly the best ghost I've seen. Great work! 

Count Vroski 

Are you going to create the phantom 2? Just curious if you have fought about creating one or have created one but the size is hard to create as it's abit bigger etc

16 hours ago, Snazzy Bricks said:

Looks great! Favorite version of the Ghost that i've seen yet.

Thanks! I'm happy the way it turned out and that a lot of people like it as much as I do! 

16 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Nice build!

Thanks! 

14 hours ago, Count Vroskri said:

What a great moc. I don't usely venture Into the star wars forum, but I love the ghost and this is certainly the best ghost I've seen. Great work! 

Count Vroski 

Much appricated! 

9 hours ago, James666 said:

Are you going to create the phantom 2? Just curious if you have fought about creating one or have created one but the size is hard to create as it's abit bigger etc

I thought of making Phantom II but as You say the scale and size is a very big problem here. I don't want for the ship to be just a placeholder and without any space for the minifigs and for creating a more or less accuarte Phantom II at this scale I think that the interrior would be too limited, at least my first version had.. 

5 hours ago, TGBDZ said:

Thanks! I'm happy the way it turned out and that a lot of people like it as much as I do! 

Thanks! 

Much appricated! 

I thought of making Phantom II but as You say the scale and size is a very big problem here. I don't want for the ship to be just a placeholder and without any space for the minifigs and for creating a more or less accuarte Phantom II at this scale I think that the interrior would be too limited, at least my first version had.. 

Definitely the problem I was having trying to get the scale right but have everything you said in it, you kinda have to make sacrifice some features and that I was definitely not going to do that as the ghost is more than just a ship and that it has meaning etc.