Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

11 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I think Sports subtheme sounds really nice for city layout. I do remember seeing soccer (football in Europe) sets back in early 2000s. I thought it was really cool to see! 

The 2000 soccer stadium and smaller Zidane goal sets were one of the last LEGO sets I got before a 15 year break from LEGO, but for me those soccer sets were extra relevant as it was Euro2000 in Netherlands/Belgium and it was a limited edition with extra orange shirt minifigs (orange was a very new color at the time)

Green torsos were also rare at the time.

I still have both sets intact (stadium was in a drawer for over 10 years), but the figures lost clutch on their feet from using the figures on the field(stands with springs) so they can't grip on studs anymore :sceptic:

I also found it interesting how LEGO used the same front torso print from 20 years earlier, but different arm colors, and back print numbers,  I had 2 of those older figures and used them as spectators.

6609-1.jpgsoc023.png

Edited by TeriXeri

On 6/14/2021 at 8:21 AM, Powered by Bricks said:

Better quality speed build of 60302

Thanks for sharing a cool video!

14 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Thanks for sharing a cool video!

No problem 

I have a question for all of you guys, when you buy a used set (or a vintage sealed set) what platform do you use?

now I just use one platform(olx, famous in Europe website), there's a set I'm trying to get but no-one has it for sale here

Edit:Just got all of the 2005 fire sets for 50€

Edited by Powered by Bricks

12 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Edit:Just got all of the 2005 fire sets for 50

Wow! That's cool man. I miss those days. 2005 was the start of my TFOL years as I had just turned 13.  

Edited by Poodabricks

2 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Wow! That's cool man. I miss those days. 2005 was the start of my TFOL years as I had just turned 13.  

Thanks, I bought them because I like them so much, I wish Lego does a fire truck similar to 7239 that would be cool

13 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Thanks, I bought them because I like them so much, I wish Lego does a fire truck similar to 7239 that would be cool

I like 60002 the best though. I wanna see one of those next year along with a new and improved fire station. 

48 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

I like 60002 the best though. I wanna see one of those next year along with a new and improved fire station. 

I actually have that truck too I remember getting it in 2013, actually Lego did a new version of 60002(disappointingly) the 60281 

As for a new fire station it might be a modern version of 7945 with a drone or a helicopter included

And there's something I'm thinking very much about now:a new fire boat, I expect to see a fire version of 60277, we have a high chance of getting it! 

Just finished building 60301 (great set even for a 4+ set IMO). The set includes (and lists in the inventory in the back) 2 chains but I can only find one in the instructions (attached to the grey drum)

Did I miss something or is the extra chain just a spare?

On 6/16/2021 at 5:21 PM, Powered by Bricks said:

I have a question for all of you guys, when you buy a used set (or a vintage sealed set) what platform do you use?

now I just use one platform(olx, famous in Europe website), there's a set I'm trying to get but no-one has it for sale here

We (Netherlands) use only two platforms: Bricklink (95%) and eBay on occasion (5%).

I got a theory, if there will be a stadium, it was probably meant to come out in 2020 (alongside the Superstar Shoes 50th anniversary in 2020), but was delayed due the Euro 2020 and Olympics being delayed 1 year as well, and next year a stadium still will be relevant for another Winter Olympics and World Cup Soccer.

The 2020 Service Station did have a Soccer sticker, so it was already a thing in City sets then.

And stands with minifig seats could still be useful with Stuntz sets as well.

LEGO-Con is in a week so if there would be something big like that, it'll probably be revealed there, so far there have been multiple 1-off larger City releases in September, and last year had those elite police sets appear in August without really any pre-announcement.

Edited by TeriXeri

18 hours ago, Withacee said:

We (Netherlands) use only two platforms: Bricklink (95%) and eBay on occasion (5%).

Thank you, I'm trying to get my hands on the 2005 police station for so long but I can't find it here, I just ordered the set on bricklink

20 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Thank you, I'm trying to get my hands on the 2005 police station for so long but I can't find it here, I just ordered the set on bricklink

Nice one, congratulations!
I hope it was not all too expensive. It's a great set!

2 minutes ago, Withacee said:

Nice one, congratulations!
I hope it was not all too expensive. It's a great set!

Thank you, it didn't cost much, I really like the set, and also I like that black and white colors on the building(I really liked the 2005 and 2006 police vehicles because of their color), question:does anyone has the 2005 version of 7237? 

I think the City Wildlife sets are the best City "explore" type sets yet. So many wonderful pieces (including all those awesome new animals)

I am so glad I bought all 4 :)

Still hoping the Tractor, and the Disney set Sheep is a sign for more Farm set next year.

I know the Tractor has a trailer connector (but do does the Camper/Buggy Transport), so that doesn't have to mean much.

Wildlife sets animal density does give some hope.

LEGO really needs more minifig horses in sets, and the comeback of Cows would be nice, Goat would be a bonus.

2 monkey and a scorpion in a set could easily be something like 2 chicken and a sheep in a set , but that's just wishful thinking.

Barracuda Bay Pig also should still be in production.

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

Still hoping the Tractor, and the Disney set Sheep is a sign for more Farm set next year.

I know the Tractor has a trailer connector (but do does the Camper/Buggy Transport), so that doesn't have to mean much.

LEGO really needs more minifig horses in sets, and the comeback of Cows would be nice, Goat would be a bonus.

2 monkey and a scorpion in a set could easily be something like 2 chicken and a sheep in a set , but that's just wishful thinking.

Budget-wise it is a perfect time to do it since all these moulds are in production now:

1. horse
  2. pig
  3. sheep
  4. hen
  5. rabbit

The cow they must bring back, but that should be no problem.
The wildlife sets have 6 new animal parts, I do not expect that many for a potential farm subtheme, but they still have a few they can make:

1. rooster
  2. calf
  3. foal
  4. duck
  5. goose
  6. pigeon
  7. another juvenile of some sort
  8. goat (not new, but since they must make at least partly a new mould for it)

The farm sets had not many animals included in them except the ones in the second wave with the new pig, if we get a new wave I hope there is a lot of them in the sets like with the wildlife sets:blush:

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

I don't see a farm subtheme anytime soon. I think that may have been one of those one and done subthemes. Ever since Great Vehicles and Town came, certain subthemes seem to have been abolished in favor of putting certain subjects into those two subthemes. Personally, I think any major civilian service should have a dedicated subtheme with Great Vehicles and Town being reserved for City related things that don't fit into a particular category like City Hall or the camper. But I doubt that's going to happen given that City's subthemes seem to be reserved for realistic action that children don't get to see simply by walking out of their houses.

A horse, goat and cow would be nice. But these types of animal moulds obviously sell better under Friends. Ngl, I don't like the way Lego does things either. But we have to deal with it. 

22 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

The cow they must bring back, but that should be no problem.

True, and the Cow Horn piece is back in production since 2020 as well, while being mostly in just 2009 sets before, and 2 CMF.

15 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

I don't see a farm subtheme anytime soon. I think that may have been one of those one and done subthemes.

I don't know, after this year, with more focus on buildings again, and road plates being used for terrain in the safari sets, maybe LEGO went a slightly different direction. 

At least more unpredictable.

Stuntz clearly is the Action Theme for the next period , and I don't rule out more location sets with road plates, I don't think 2022 will have that many sets dedicated to Fire/Police either (perhaps a new mobile command truck after 5 years but only if it's actually retiring at the end of the year, right now there are pretty much any type of Police/Fire set available, with a Headquarters, Truck, small and large helicopters, boats, and small+large cars/bikes.

I think medical are more likely.

At least the tractor set this year is nice (and probably will sell some more to AFOL as well with the new Amazon show Clarkson's Farm)

What is interesting is that last year had Stunt Team / Monster Truck small sets, and this year has Stuntz, so sometimes sets of previous year carry over to next (also has been with the ski rescue copter/snow groomer/ski resort before)

Safari Truck also carried over to Wildlife Rescue theme.

Tractor might or might not be a prelude, only know until we see it.

Edited by TeriXeri

Yeah, with the animals we now have, I don’t think a farm set or theme is that unlikely. Find it hard to believe the long-awaited sheep won’t show up somewhere more mainstream relatively soon. Would love some new cows, in new colours or prints (nice tan coloured Jersey and a shaggy Highland cow please!) and I think piglet, cockerel, duck, sheepdog or lamb could easily show up in CMF at same time as any new farm set.

Time will indeed tell. But I’m sure these would be great sellers especially for younger kids. 

13 minutes ago, brimbolet said:

Shame that the current tractor has a rabbit instead of a pig. Can`t even buy one through B&P as far as I know.

Yeah, total cop out with the white rabbit. 

I looked at the instructions, I'm still going to try to turn 31113 into a minifig go-kart transporter once I have this set, just seems a nice Moddable set, shouldn't be too hard to add a 4 wide window and space for a fig in the cab as it's mainly brick filled. 

If anything, the set has a good parts selection for some City car builds (18 wheels in 3 sizes)

31113-1.jpg?202009130605

60305 Car Transporter hasn't had a discount yet and is still exclusive to LEGO.com  :sad:

60305-1.jpg?202012050841

Edited by TeriXeri

10 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Stuntz clearly is the Action Theme for the next period , and I don't rule out more location sets with road plates, I don't think 2022 will have that many sets dedicated to Fire/Police either (perhaps a new mobile command truck after 5 years but only if it's actually retiring at the end of the year, right now there are pretty much any type of Police/Fire set available, with a Headquarters, Truck, small and large helicopters, boats, and small+large cars/bikes.

I think medical are more likely.

Yeah it does seem like Lego is going in a new direction with their City theme. I stand corrected about the farm subtheme. It could happen in that case. I wonder if there is any hope of seeing some new buses too. I'd love to see a school bus for the great vehicles line - I know I said that lots of times before. The only fire set I know we'll see is a fire station. I'm sure of that one given that a new one is done every three year. Let's pray to God that this one is better than the last two. The 2016 one looked weird and the 2019 one had a garage that was too small. It couldn't fit any bigger fire trucks. I hope the new one is similar to the 2013 one - which I love the most. Stunts is definatly the action theme for this year. I love those bikes. I've made plans to pick all 6 of them up. I see why they were sold separately as they include pull back action. 

I hope there is a medical subtheme for next year too. For ages, City has put out hospitals every 6 years - which I think is bad. But then the 2019 Ski Resort came along and sorta messed this system up as it was pretty much a winter themed medical center. So I'm assuming Lego is just going to put them out as they see fit. 

As for police......well....I think the most recent waves speak for themselves. Though I applaud Lego for making these extensions to classic police instead of part of any particular policing environment. 

Edited by Poodabricks

1 hour ago, Poodabricks said:

Yeah it does seem like Lego is going in a new direction with their City theme. I stand corrected about the farm subtheme. It could happen in that case. I wonder if there is any hope of seeing some new buses too. I'd love to see a school bus for the great vehicles line - I know I said that lots of times before.

For standalone vehicles I'd love to see a Bus.

Also with those new tractor tyres, and the Bucket on the tractor is actually a new piece as well, some Construction vehicle / site would be nice.

City is due for an excavator/dump truck and the current construction sets are 4+ only (including the Garbage Truck).

Edited by TeriXeri