Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

14 hours ago, Stuartn said:

I got the gold one from the family house set. It is a great mould and I hope we get one in black soon, in which case I could justify getting the brown one so I can have all three.

I would love to see Black or Chocolate Lab Retriever figure soon! It may be likely to show up in regular CMF series. 

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I would love to see Black or Chocolate Lab Retriever figure soon! It may be likely to show up in regular CMF series. 

Lego is way ahead of you buddy. I found this chocolate lab mould on Bricklink. 

69962pb01.png

Edited by Poodabricks

19 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

Lego is way ahead of you buddy. I found this chocolate lab mould on Bricklink. 

69962pb01.png

Now this is CUTE!! 

27 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Now this is CUTE!! 

I hope they do a white one and  a black one. The one I have coming is a yellow one. 

Edited by Poodabricks

20 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

I hope they do a white one and  a black one. The one I have coming is a yellow one. 

Neat!!! I do have one yellow Labrador retreiver figure because it looks like my actual guide dog. It’s the reason why I get that one and harness. :) 

White one and black one sound actually neat tho!

More new animal (in new mold and new colors), the more merrier!

So far the Labrador comes in tan in the Family House and in reddish brown in the Town Centre with the lime green harness.

A black harness was due to appear in the now-canceled crooks hide-out (which at least shows that LEGO intended the harness mold to fit the German Shepherd as well as the Labrador).

Would definitely be nice to get the harness in more colors in the future...

On 4/5/2021 at 4:22 PM, Poodabricks said:

Speaking of animals. I think my favorite one from this year is the new labrador mould included in the city center that the blind man is walking. I have one of those coming in the mail. 

I have that coming too! Along with the two different bulldogs...but totally forgot about the brown lab! D’oh. 

6 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I have that coming too! Along with the two different bulldogs...but totally forgot about the brown lab! D’oh. 

Hey Vindi! It's been a while since we've talked. 

But yeah. I've actually considered it a hobby of collecting animal moulds recently. Had to get that lab mould. May get the chocolate one soon. But the yellow one is my sigfigs dog so I had to get that one now. 

3 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Oh guys! Guess what? I've ordered main square. 

Awesome! When it’s built, can you let us know what are your thought about it? Like pros and cons. 

39 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Awesome! When it’s built, can you let us know what are your thought about it? Like pros and cons. 

Sure thing dude! 

On 4/7/2021 at 2:55 AM, Poodabricks said:

Hey Vindi! It's been a while since we've talked. 

But yeah. I've actually considered it a hobby of collecting animal moulds recently. Had to get that lab mould. May get the chocolate one soon. But the yellow one is my sigfigs dog so I had to get that one now. 

Ever since getting the BaM exclusive cat last year(I bought 7...) and the black terrier(3) & now the black dachshund, I’ve become a bit more of an animal lover myself. I’ve resigned myself to at least one of each. 

What makes 60277 (Police Patrol Boat) sold at much higher price than other new city sets with similar number of pieces? Because of the boat alone?

5 hours ago, ks6349 said:

What makes 60277 (Police Patrol Boat) sold at much higher price than other new city sets with similar number of pieces? Because of the boat alone?

The police boat has a PPP ratio of 22c per part, while other sets have a ratio of around 16c per part, so there is a 37.5% increase in price for that set, but on B&P the hull piece is worth $28.40, 47.3% of the set. That means the remainder of the set has a PPP ratio of only 11c, which is quite good value, but yes, the hull piece adds much cost.

22 minutes ago, Stuartn said:

The police boat has a PPP ratio of 22c per part, while other sets have a ratio of around 16c per part, so there is a 37.5% increase in price for that set, but on B&P the hull piece is worth $28.40, 47.3% of the set. That means the remainder of the set has a PPP ratio of only 11c, which is quite good value, but yes, the hull piece adds much cost.

Is the hull piece counted as 1 piece by Lego? What is B&P?

3 hours ago, ks6349 said:

Bricks and Pieces is a service Lego offers for buying individual parts (outside of their replacement parts service).

Regarding the price of the hull I'm not surprised that it costs a lot, and I think one of the main aspects of why it does is its size. Larger parts cost more to mold (both in terms of the material they use and the rate at which they can be produced), more to store (since they take up more space), and, in the case of B&P in particular, more to ship (since they would likely require a dedicated parcel rather than just a bubble mailer like smaller parts).

10 hours ago, ks6349 said:

The hull is counted as one piece on this site, even though it has two components.

Edited by Stuartn

Sorry I can’t help myself but I’m excited about Wildlife Rescue sets! Even tho it’s almost halfway April and we have seen leaked images of crocodile, lion cub, and monkey. 

I wonder if Friends-sequel elephant would be reused in City sets, according to prelimary images, when they are simply recolored/reprinted? 

5 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I wonder if Friends-sequel elephant would be reused in City sets, according to prelimary images, when they are simply recolored/reprinted? 

No way they will do it! The small sparrow mould made it into minifig sets, but that has "normal" eyes and is not unusually round in shape. However what the last few years has showed us is that new friends animals, will often get a minifig mould of the same animal in a year or two. I think this will happen even more now since we this year are also getting juvenile animals, which so fare has mostly been a friends thing :wink:

20 hours ago, Roebuck said:

No way they will do it! The small sparrow mould made it into minifig sets, but that has "normal" eyes and is not unusually round in shape. However what the last few years has showed us is that new friends animals, will often get a minifig mould of the same animal in a year or two. I think this will happen even more now since we this year are also getting juvenile animals, which so fare has mostly been a friends thing :wink:

Agreed with you! If I remember correctly, Friends’ Jungle Rescue set does have its own tiger cub mold last year. And now, we will have a lion cub mold this year. It would be werid to se a Friends-sequence animal mold being reused in minfig world. I would be very pleased with adult and baby elephants get their own minifig molds! 

34 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Agreed with you! If I remember correctly, Friends’ Jungle Rescue set does have its own tiger cub mold last year. And now, we will have a lion cub mold this year. It would be werid to se a Friends-sequence animal mold being reused in minfig world. I would be very pleased with adult and baby elephants get their own minifig molds! 

Does City have a tiger mould? I can use that one.  

11 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

Does City have a tiger mould? I can use that one.  

Yup! It was in 2017’s Jungle subtheme. :) 

1 hour ago, Poodabricks said:

YES!!!! Thanks!

Time for hunting a lego tiger! Sorry, it’s a bad joke for endangered tigers.