Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

5 hours ago, fo4saken said:

Thanks @Powered by Bricks . Perhaps that would match with this year 60282 Fire Command Unit at some visual point. Shame there is no such analogue set with medical stuff.

BRO!!!!! I've been wanting a revival of the medical subtheme since the one from 2006 was killed off. 

On 3/26/2021 at 10:58 AM, Poodabricks said:

BRO!!!!! I've been wanting a revival of the medical subtheme since the one from 2006 was killed off. 

Man, this made me do a Brickset search, I'm shocked we've never had a medical subtheme since then, if you can even really consider that a subtheme (three sets, two of which were $10 or less).  I absolutely adore that Ambulance still, but it's crazy to me that Hospital/Medical has had a total of 12 sets officially, plus a medical plane that was an airline promotion, but three of them are polybags, so it's essentially only nine sets. 

The only ones with weaker representation, in my opinion, are farm and harbor.  Everything else that has fewer sets is a relatively new theme, and thus has had a lot of representation lately, or something like Swamp Police or Forest Fire.  Somehow, it's been ten years since the last harbor subtheme (we've had a couple of boats since, but no cargo harbor) and twelve since the last farm subtheme, we got the combine transporter and the tractor this year, but that's it.  Even construction, looking at the 2005-2009 sets, those were fantastic, you had fairly large construction sites, stuff like the semi truck with a bridge, XXL crane, large dump trucks and bulldozers, rollers, et cetera.  We do still at least get stuff, but it's more in the vein of a small-moderate size vehicle or two each year, nothing on the scale of the older subthemes.

Clearly the subthemes they have, being very story/character-based, seem to resonate a lot with their target audience, which is good, but I do miss the City that I grew up with.

The last hospital we got was in 2018 and I think that's the best looking hospital they have produced in the City line (and a great source of parts for anyone doing a MOC hospital as well). That year also gave us an awesome looking red and yellow rescue helicopter.

17 minutes ago, jonwil said:

The last hospital we got was in 2018 and I think that's the best looking hospital they have produced in the City line (and a great source of parts for anyone doing a MOC hospital as well). That year also gave us an awesome looking red and yellow rescue helicopter.

The best one in my opinion was the one from 2012. The 2018 one is right behind there though. Both of those are like THE BEST hospitals I have ever seen from Lego. 

Edited by Poodabricks

8 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

Both of those are like THE BEST hospitals I have ever seen from Lego. 

That said, while they are great builds in their own right, and I think they are the best hospitals, there's unfortunately not much competition

Edited by Stuartn

Well, March is drawing to an end in a few days. I cannot help myself but I’m excited for Wildlife Rescue sets’ official images (i know i said it before, sorry!!). 

Speaking of Wildlife Rescue, there is a leaked picture of a reptilian egg that it looks like it has been hatched. I dunno if it’s going to Wildlife Resuce set or Jurassic World or Harry Potter (a baby Norbert but I highly doubt about it). That egg probably would be a baby crocodile inside it if it goes to City.

EDIT: I forgot to mention one more thing - there is a leaked picture of a barn owl. I have no idea which set it would be included.

Edited by DBlegonerd7

Hey folks! There is a leak - it’s a new mold for lion cub! Boy, I’m excited about animals!

EDiT: Ninja’d 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Hey folks! There is a leak - it’s a new mold for lion cub! Boy, I’m excited about animals!

EDiT: Ninja’d 

Those lion cubs are really good, probably coming in the 4+ set and the camp. 

34 minutes ago, LCP said:

Wow... It's so cute!!

Agreed 

a new foil bag has been leaked, its a doctor and a patient. I hope they release more medical stuff soon. Im lucky i got the hospital on clearance the day after christmas 2018

Edited by toopizza13

1 minute ago, toopizza13 said:

a new foil bag has been leaked, its a doctor and a patient. I hope they release more medical stuff soon. Im lucky i got the hospital on clearance the day after christmas 2018

Is that arm cast a new piece?

1 minute ago, williejm said:

Is that arm cast a new piece?

no, it was in the hospital set. but thats either a new print or a awesome sticker.

1 hour ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Those lion cubs are really good, probably coming in the 4+ set and the camp. 

Agreed. Now I’m waiting for a maned lion figure... and Yes, that lion cub will be in 60301. Not sure about polybag or 60307 but we will see.

9 hours ago, toopizza13 said:

I hope Australia Post stocks them like with other foil packs

There could be a new piece though, the green clip on the pole looks smaller than the current version 

10 hours ago, toopizza13 said:

a new foil bag has been leaked, its a doctor and a patient. I hope they release more medical stuff soon. 

Me too! 

Crooks Hideout replica haha 😛

Btw, I hope this polybag magazine medical stuff will be some kind of forecast for maybe 2022 winter wave medical subtheme 🧐

I wish........ some kind of medium medical center, the ambulance and the new roads included set hell yeah 🤧

I don't think it'll be bad if new roadblocks are combined into the hospital building.
I think it's going to be like 60278.

Medical subtheme would be very nice to collect for our town layout! I would love to see ambulance, small clinic, hospital, and it. Should some include some minifigures with masks (health care workers and patients) and some interesting pieces like a pregnant female minifigure (a new mold, of course).

Of course, it’s my pure wishlist...

So the other day I was in Target and found 4 copies of a "Legoland" set that was about $15 I think, and it had a few little game stands or snack stands or something. It was register locked saying it was for sale on 4/11. I've been poking about and haven't seen these listed anywhere, but perhaps i'm not looking in the right place. Are they being discussed here on EB anywhere? It looked like a new theme, I think the box was mostly yellow and the rest was either red or blue (I don't recall). It looked similar in style to that Legoland water park that is well known.

Edited by JamesBenjamin

4 hours ago, JamesBenjamin said:

So the other day I was in Target and found 4 copies of a "Legoland" set that was about $15 I think, and it had a few little game stands or snack stands or something. 

was it https://brickset.com/sets/40358-1/Bean-There-Donut-That ? that was a 2018 Target Exclusive set with a yellow box and a snack stand. (not a LEGOLAND set tho)

40358-1.jpg?201809130814

Edited by TeriXeri

2 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

was it https://brickset.com/sets/40358-1/Bean-There-Donut-That ? that was a 2018 Target Exclusive set with a yellow box and a snack stand. (not a LEGOLAND set tho)

40358-1.jpg?201809130814

Nope, not that set. I actually have 4 of that one that I picked up when they went on sale. This was definitely a "legoland" set and it was street date locked at the register. May have been  for 4/1, I'll see if they have it on the shelf tomorrow.

It’s April now. I’m hoping to see some official images soon or I would be very crazy if I have to wait little longer. Waiting kills me...