Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

8 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

There are some unoffical rumors within Lego community that 6030y - Wildlife Rescue Camp would be a D2C for this year but it’s hard to believe. There is nothing solid to confirm tho.

For me, it’s hard to believe that a  wildlife rescue camp set will be D2C.

Yeah, a summer D2C costing 100€/$?, impossible 

I believe it is a limited set not a D2C so a set only sold by one or a few shops in ever country, those sets are never in the retailer catalogues and pop up much closer to the set hit the stores:shrug_oh_well:

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I believe it is a limited set not a D2C so a set only sold by one or a few shops in ever country, those sets are never in the retailer catalogues and pop up much closer to the set hit the stores:shrug_oh_well:

Just like one Jungle set with tiger that just popped out of nowhere in some areas back in 2017, right? 

19 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Just like one Jungle set with tiger that just popped out of nowhere in some areas back in 2017, right? 

Jepp :sweet:

Is it me or this thread was “out of order” for a short time? 

EDIT: Wel EB was down for a shor time...

On 3/20/2021 at 12:40 PM, Roebuck said:

Jepp :sweet:

Ok! Let’s wait and see about 60307. :)

Edited by DBlegonerd7

Hey everyone!

After a long time I'm back... How are things going? What major things happened?

Thanks!

I don't get how this set is any different (based on the available pictures/info) to any of the 9 or so City sets on Brickset that are tagged with "Crooks Hideout". Everything I see in this set has been done before. Crooks have used dynamite in LEGO City many times. Crooks have driven in (possibly stolen) red sports cars many times. Crooks have been busted by cops with helicopters and police vans and dogs before.

What makes this set different to all the others released in the past? Or is LEGO pandering to the "PC" brigade who have somehow deemed police toys as "evil" and "bad" in 2021 for whatever reason?

28 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

Crooks Hideout cancellation confirmed: https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-city-60278-crooks-hideout-raid-cancelled-for-clashing-with-brand-values/

Shame as it really looked like one of the more complete and interesting buildings they’ve done...

Very disappointed. I hope it was maybe in production and I can get my hands on one. I just started my city layout and I really wanted it in my city.

6 minutes ago, toopizza13 said:

Very disappointed. I hope it was maybe in production and I can get my hands on one. I just started my city layout and I really wanted it in my city.

Me too! The building was supposed to act as a reformatory school for criminals. 

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

Or is LEGO pandering to the "PC" brigade who have somehow deemed police toys as "evil" and "bad" in 2021 for whatever reason?

Lego has already made a lot of police sets this year... so no?

I think the cancellation of this is weird. I can’t really think of any reason why this set should be cancelled, but I don’t think the true reason is as political or controversial as people will make it out to be. Lego cancels sets for arbitrary reasons all the time.

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

Or is LEGO pandering to the "PC" brigade who have somehow deemed police toys as "evil" and "bad" in 2021 for whatever reason?

Honestly, this really feels like that's the case :hmpf:

What a stupid reasoning 

This is like Ned Flanders running the company

I had no interest in that set anyway. I see the logic in pulling it, and even wonder how it got that far into production. Bad guys making explosives. There are plenty of places in the world that this would be in poor taste, if not outright offensive.

2 hours ago, ChrisW said:

Shame as it really looked like one of the more complete and interesting buildings they’ve done...

That's why it was canceled. It didn't meet LEGO's standards for being horrible, incomplete, boring buildings.

1 hour ago, gedren_y said:

I had no interest in that set anyway. I see the logic in pulling it, and even wonder how it got that far into production. Bad guys making explosives. There are plenty of places in the world that this would be in poor taste, if not outright offensive.

Everything is offensive these days.  Also are these the same people flooding the movie theaters watching infinity war and endgame or any other movie with violence in it?  All people are hypocrites we all say we don't do this or that and have done the same thing in the past.  I mean come on Dr Seuss, speedy gonzalez, and pepe le pew are all now offensive.  To many people are over sensitive about things, If you don't like something change the channel or bon't buy the item and move on.  I mean by your logic no toy maker should have ever made GI joe, thundercats, masters of the universe, marvel or DC and so on and so on.  I mean the amount of violence in Marvel and DC alone should warrant lego dropping them now.  Next thing you know people will find trees offensive or your food or the fact you look like some criminal.  What's next Monkie kid is offensive to Monkeys?  Where does it end?

In the past decade almost 360000 civilian were killed or injured by IEDs. We have to remember that Lego City is also a toy which is aimed primarily at children. I don't know how many people would want their kids playing round with a crooks making explosives.

It would be in poor taste but it is a shame since it was probably the most aesthetically pleasing city building in ages.

19 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

I mean by your logic no toy maker should have ever made GI joe, thundercats, masters of the universe, marvel or DC and so on and so on. 

GI joe, thundercats, masters of the universe, marvel and DC are all fictional and fantasy themes. Explosives and people being killed by terrorists and other criminals using them sadly happens every day, and this is almost exactly what the crooks hideout set represents.

4 hours ago, ChrisW said:

Crooks Hideout cancellation confirmed: https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-city-60278-crooks-hideout-raid-cancelled-for-clashing-with-brand-values/

Thank you very much for the new, @ChrisW! :classic:

That's really bad news! :thumbdown:

This set would have been that perfect - since the first time in City we would have gotten a decent sized crook's hideout. Plus I so well could have used this building as a laboratory. And the police car (and helicopter) would have added some more diversity to police vehicles. :cry2:

I really do not understand TLG's decision: (What we can judge from the one picture we've seen) There was nothing (more) very cruel or rowdyish in this set (than in any other City set with crooks). And if it was because of the giant brick-built dynamite: 1. TLG could easily have removed it. 2. In nearly every City set the crooks use dynamite.

Does this now mean that we'll never see any (decent sized) crook's hideout (anymore)?!

I started a new topic - We want the amazing 60278 Crook's Hideout Raid! - who is disappointed by 60278 got cancelled and wants to see this set get real, please join in there - thanks! :wink:

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

5 minutes ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

. TLG could easily have removed it. 2. In nearly every City set the crooks use dynamite.

Does this now mean that we'll never see any (decent sized) crook's hideout (anymore)?!

I know, just take the dynamite off and its fine. I don't think anyone wanted it for the dynamite. It was a great building and no-one can be blamed for looking forward to it.

And an addendum: for brick's sake TLG, couldn't we have just gotten through one year with a wave of brilliant, AFOL compatible sets, we almost did. I am very disappointed with this set, yes its offensive, and I have said and recognise that. But i really really was looking forward to it.

Edited by Stuartn

6 hours ago, ChrisW said:

God damn it 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

On 3/20/2021 at 8:14 AM, DBlegonerd7 said:

Oh yeah that one was annoying since it was the only way to get a tiger! 

7 hours ago, ChrisW said:

OH, I was really hoping to see it being released and now nobody can't, NOT COOL! 

As someone said here few pages back, 'raid' can be serious reason of their decision. 

Most of police sets: police chasing crooks. Police side is a good side, crooks bad side. But here... crooks are just sitting in their hideout and police doing the raid (police side becomes bad side in that case). I mean, they are not chasing, not protecting. And in the matter of general police meaning by kids that would be something inappropriate, that's why TLG said 'we have decided not to launch this product as we no longer feel it is in keeping with the values of the LEGO CITY brand'. Raid is simply something bad.