Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

I've not been following the City rumours too closely, but I've just gone along and caught myself up to speed. I take it the presence of a new monkey in the summer wave pretty much confirms that the old monkey mould is gone for good? I figured it was based on its absence from PoBB, but if Lego have invested in a new mould it must mean that the old one's no longer usable. I hope it retains the yellow hands though - that seems part of the charm of the Lego monkey to me.

3 hours ago, toopizza13 said:

Same. I'm planning on getting all the wildlife sets except the 4+ one, and in July I want to get some of the stunt sets. By this time with all the town sets we got I would say its possible we may not get a D2C, but I would love to get a new town plan set. I could see LEGO making 60278 into the D2C and release it in august, idc how they release it I just want that set so bad.

I can’t wait for wildlife escu sets!!. I think 60307 will be a largest wildlife rescue set but nothing is confirmed at the moment. 

It would be cool to have another D2C set for City theme but I think we already have D2C that was released in January 2021. I don’t know if there will be another D2C this year? But Crook’s Hideout being put into the D2C town plan sounds neat!

22 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

It would be cool to have another D2C set for City theme but I think we already have D2C that was released in January 2021. I don’t know if there will be another D2C this year? But Crook’s Hideout being put into the D2C town plan sounds neat!

Bro! Whoever's idea it was at TLG to release town sets in the winter, I give kudos to. I doubt it'll happen, but if they release those every winter as well as a small wave during the summer, my wallet will always have a hole in it. :laugh: 

Where is the city building set that malls uses as bait on christmas?

Every year malls have on their Xmas toys catalog a 70-100€ city set that uses to be a big building like a police station

I thought it would be the crooks hideout, but I have read in this thread that LEGO erased it from the building instructions books where it was leaked

is there anything else still "hidden"?

The stunt and safari sets leaked are ugly as hell

Are any City builders here anticipating the $300 Marvel D2C The Daily Bugle? It's supposed to be the comics depiction, not any of the films versions. I meant to post something yesterday, since we got confirmation on that being the set we're getting (no pics yet), but the Marvel thread has been real hard to keep up with. I figured it was worthy of comment here because of the discussion around a City D2C.

2 hours ago, El Garfio said:

The stunt and safari sets leaked are ugly as hell

They're not perfect, but I wouldn't necessarily call them ugly. Remember, this is City we are talking about - where the sets aren't always going to be perfect as the theme is at least 70% for children. These are also leaks with the prototypes so that means this isn't the final product. I can definately use the bikes for some biking rebels in my town. The wildlife sets make great nature reserve sets for a park of some sort. Or this may be the zoo subtheme that people have been asking for. 

2 hours ago, gedren_y said:

Are any City builders here anticipating the $300 Marvel D2C The Daily Bugle?

Hmmm........I think I will get that one. Maybe I can convert it into a location for TV 6+. 

Edited by Poodabricks

On 3/8/2021 at 8:15 PM, Poodabricks said:

Bro! Whoever's idea it was at TLG to release town sets in the winter, I give kudos to. I doubt it'll happen, but if they release those every winter as well as a small wave during the summer, my wallet will always have a hole in it. :laugh: 

That’s quite true! 

2 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

They're not perfect, but I wouldn't necessarily call them ugly. Remember, this is City we are talking about - where the sets aren't always going to be perfect as the theme is at least 70% for children. These are also leaks with the prototypes so that means this isn't the final product. I can definately use the bikes for some biking rebels in my town. The wildlife sets make great nature reserve sets for a park of some sort. Or this may be the zoo subtheme that people have been asking for. 

Agreed. These leaked pics are still preliminary, some parts are stand-in. 

And I am excited (i know I said it many time) because of animals! Zoo or national park subthemes would be really neat. Other than wild nature, I think farm subtheme would be great since there are different animals, such as horse, cow, pig, sheep/goat, etc.

5 hours ago, gedren_y said:

Are any City builders here anticipating the $300 Marvel D2C The Daily Bugle? It's supposed to be the comics depiction, not any of the films versions. I meant to post something yesterday, since we got confirmation on that being the set we're getting (no pics yet), but the Marvel thread has been real hard to keep up with. I figured it was worthy of comment here because of the discussion around a City D2C.

Now that gets my attention. That sounds intersting to hear about Marvel D2C set. 

April is almost here and that means that official images of the new city summer sets are coming soon, I know that some of the sets will have different looks and/or different features,but we can finally see if the hideout releases this summer or if it will be canceled permanently(in April obviously) , and, we can see if more city sets will be released, in the last year's summer set list they just said that we were going to have a airport subtheme with 3 sets and a Ocean exploration subtheme with 4 sets, both with 1 4+ set included, then in may two elite police sets were leaked and a some months later the main square and the elite police transporter got leaked, also in December of 2020 we got a leak saying that 2 sets were coming in the 2021 wave(the Shopping Street and the Car Transporter), with all that, I think that Lego will release a 160€ or even more expensive Lego set. 

People who think that the wildlife camp is the D2C, I don't believe in that, because each summer D2C has a big amount of pieces included, 1000 or more, in 2015 we got the city square with 1683 pieces, in 2016 we got the volcano helicopter including 1277 pieces,one year later we got the jungle air drop helicopter with a amount of 1250 pieces, in 2018 we got the Capital City with a piece count of 1211 pieces, we got the rocket transport and assembly from 2019 with 1055 pieces, last year we got the main square with 1517,so we can expect a big set in August, if we don't,the summer is ruined. 

6 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

April is almost here and that means that official images of the new city summer sets are coming soon, I know that some of the sets will have different looks and/or different features,but we can finally see if the hideout releases this summer or if it will be canceled permanently(in April obviously) , and, we can see if more city sets will be released, in the last year's summer set list they just said that we were going to have a airport subtheme with 3 sets and a Ocean exploration subtheme with 4 sets, both with 1 4+ set included, then in may two elite police sets were leaked and a some months later the main square and the elite police transporter got leaked, also in December of 2020 we got a leak saying that 2 sets were coming in the 2021 wave(the Shopping Street and the Car Transporter), with all that, I think that Lego will release a 160€ or even more expensive Lego set. 

People who think that the wildlife camp is the D2C, I don't believe in that, because each summer D2C has a big amount of pieces included, 1000 or more, in 2015 we got the city square with 1683 pieces, in 2016 we got the volcano helicopter including 1277 pieces,one year later we got the jungle air drop helicopter with a amount of 1250 pieces, in 2018 we got the Capital City with a piece count of 1211 pieces, we got the rocket transport and assembly from 2019 with 1055 pieces, last year we got the main square with 1517,so we can expect a big set in August, if we don't,the summer is ruined. 

I cannot wait for oiccal images of the new City summer sets! Actually, I’m more excited to see official images of Wildlife Rescue sets.

I agree, I’m not very sure about wildlife rescue camp (I think it’s 60307?). It is quite sketchy at the moment but maybe we will find out about that camp set eventually? I’m ok with polybag and 3 sets!

By the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you have a great day!

21 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I cannot wait for oiccal images of the new City summer sets! Actually, I’m more excited to see official images of Wildlife Rescue sets.

I agree, I’m not very sure about wildlife rescue camp (I think it’s 60307?). It is quite sketchy at the moment but maybe we will find out about that camp set eventually? I’m ok with polybag and 3 sets!

Thanks! 

Like you I'm OK with a small subtheme of wildlife sets, you're right 60307 is the wildlife camp, I can't wait to see official images of the wildlife sets and the stunts ones, to take a look at the animals and new bikes pieces, I'm pretty sure that the stunt completions have a exclusive bike piece. 

I don't have any ideas about how could the new polybag be? A smaller quad? I don't know. 

1 hour ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Thanks! 

Like you I'm OK with a small subtheme of wildlife sets, you're right 60307 is the wildlife camp, I can't wait to see official images of the wildlife sets and the stunts ones, to take a look at the animals and new bikes pieces, I'm pretty sure that the stunt completions have a exclusive bike piece. 

I don't have any ideas about how could the new polybag be? A smaller quad? I don't know. 

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I agree with both of you. I mean what is with people and disliking the wildlife sets? I got into an argument with someone on a Lego community on social media. I understand the oversaturation of stunt sets for the summer as those numbers could've been used as expansions to the lame airport wave of 2020, a small (but not 4+) bus stop set and a coast guard revial. Don't we get enough stunt stuff in City? But the wildlife sets did nothing wrong. Give those a break. I'm actually planning on snagging some when they come out. 

Edited by Poodabricks

3 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

I agree with both of you. I mean what is with people and disliking the wildlife sets? I got into an argument with someone on a Lego community on social media. I understand the oversaturation of stunt sets for the summer as those numbers could've been used as expansions to the lame airport wave of 2020, a small (but not 4+) bus stop set and a coast guard revial. Don't we get enough stunt stuff in City? But the wildlife sets did nothing wrong. Give those a break. I'm actually planning on snagging some when they come out. 

Yeah, I wanted a new airport subtheme this year with a big airport set, a vip plane, a air show hangar and a cargo plane, sadly they did a really big stunt subtheme with ugly bikes as overpriced sets, LEGO PLS RELEASE NICE SETS! 

2 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Thanks! 

You are welcome! 

I 100% agree with you on what you said above. 

I have no idea about what that Wildlife Rescue polybag would look like. I highly doubt that new monkey mold would be in polybag Eva use the monkey would be available in smallest of 3 sets. It may include snake, lion cub or small animals, who know? 

59 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

I completely agree! I mean, I don’t see anything wrong with Wildlife Rescue subtheme. There are some cool new animal molds and recolored animals, of course. 

Like Powered by Bricks, there are some new pieces in stunt sets on other hands. But I am hoping that Lego needs to design some great sets. Like... a big airport, luxury airplane, etc etc. I don’t want “meh” sets, oh well.

25 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

But I am hoping that Lego needs to design some great sets. Like... a big airport, luxury airplane, etc etc. I don’t want “meh” sets, oh well.

I was kinda hoping for an airport VIP service set this year as we didn't get one with last years airport wave. They should also do a private chopper for dignitaries. I kinda have been wanting an R.E. Fendrich (from Lego City Adventures) minifigure and the airport VIP service set seems to be good opportunity to put that out there. 

On 3/16/2021 at 2:07 PM, Poodabricks said:

I was kinda hoping for an airport VIP service set this year as we didn't get one with last years airport wave. They should also do a private chopper for dignitaries. I kinda have been wanting an R.E. Fendrich (from Lego City Adventures) minifigure and the airport VIP service set seems to be good opportunity to put that out there. 

These things you mentioned sound really neat to have! Maybe next year then. Even, I’m interested in animal molds, I don’t mind AirPod subtheme at all. And some of us are waiting for medical subtheme (hello, Lego, it’s pandemic era!), scientific subtheme (fossil digging site, mummy’s tomb, jungle artifacts com with transporting vechiles). Of course, it’s my own wishlist here tho. 

30 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

(hello, Lego, it’s pandemic era!),

Yeah, they still haven't seemed to have gotten that memo yet. . .

On 3/17/2021 at 5:07 AM, Poodabricks said:

I was kinda hoping for an airport VIP service set this year as we didn't get one with last years airport wave

My guess for why we didn't get one is because they seem to include a plane (2016) or a helicopter (2010) and a limousine, and there was a limousine in the main square set.

On 3/16/2021 at 4:37 PM, Poodabricks said:

I understand the oversaturation of stunt sets for the summer as those numbers could've been used as expansions to the lame airport wave of 2020. 

They might release a new airport subtheme for next January, this year we got the "my city" subtheme with road plates sets and for the first time, a city center in January.  Last year we got a dedicated theme to races and cars, things we see regularly in other subthemes but only small sets, I wouldn't be surprised if Lego releases a new airport subtheme in January 2022, and if it becomes real we will get a big and good airport. 

Both nitro wheels and "my city" subthemes had expensive sets with things that had appeared in summer sets:city Square (included a workshop) , and town Square. 

If we get one, we could get, big airport with a medium size plane, a smaller passenger plane or vip plane, a race plane, airport fire truck. 

And we have advantages if a January airport subtheme becomes real:that a 4+ set cannot appear in the subtheme :wink::thumbup:

Edited by Powered by Bricks

Dunno about anyone else - but today I am mostly impatient to see the new monkeys 🐒🐒 ... gotta be soon to see the official images for summer sets, right? 

38 minutes ago, williejm said:

Dunno about anyone else - but today I am mostly impatient to see the new monkeys 🐒🐒 ... gotta be soon to see the official images for summer sets, right? 

Dude, I’m excited to see some official images of Wildlife Rescue sets (including monkeys of course). I think we should see official images in April. These Wildlife Rescue sets are scheduled to be released in July, according to Promobricks. So - hopefully, April would be a good time to see official images. 

Update: Welp, it’s 666 now...

Edited by DBlegonerd7

56 minutes ago, williejm said:

Oh, yeah... I'm excited too. 

any information on a D2C/large town plan set for this year?

one thing I really want for a new town set is a new LEGO store, since I dont have 60097 and 40305 is something I never liked, I would love a new one similar to the one they did in 60097.

6 minutes ago, toopizza13 said:

any information on a D2C/large town plan set for this year?

Nothing yet, but I have to be honest, we're not going to get a new town plan set for this summer, we already got 2 in January 

1 minute ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Nothing yet, but I have to be honest, we're not going to get a new town plan set for this summer, we already got 2 in January 

Yes, I can see that but I still hope because LEGO has been unpredictable this year.

2 minutes ago, toopizza13 said:

Yes, I can see that but I still hope because LEGO has been unpredictable this year.

Yeah, I really wanted a new summer town plan for this year 

2 hours ago, toopizza13 said:

2 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Yeah, I really wanted a new summer town plan for this year 

There are some unoffical rumors within Lego community that 6030y - Wildlife Rescue Camp would be a D2C for this year but it’s hard to believe. There is nothing solid to confirm tho.

For me, it’s hard to believe that a  wildlife rescue camp set will be D2C.