Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

3 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

I know that, but I heard that it has lights included, am I right? 

And I don't know where is the power button, because I am more familiar with power functions and Powered Up than that old system 

Everything is controlled by the controller. Lights, sounds, movement, everything! 

Just now, Powered by Bricks said:

Thanks for the information @Brandon Pea and @Maple

This will be my best deal ever, the 7897 set sealed with the price of 200€

For 200Euro why not just buy one of the newer trains? You don't like the new systems?

Just now, Maple said:

For 200Euro why not just buy one of the newer trains? You don't like the new systems?

Well, now I started buying old sets, 7897 was my favorite one, I already have the 2017 version of 60051.

In Bricklink and ebay, those sets cost more than 250€ sealed and with a open or damaged box, I am about to buy it

And personally, I don't like the powered up system that much. 

3 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Thanks for the information @Brandon Pea and @Maple

This will be my best deal ever, the 7897 set sealed for 200€

No problem. 

2 minutes ago, Maple said:

Actually I can see his reasoning for getting one of the older ones. The newer system is a bit hard to use I hear. 

1 minute ago, Brandon Pea said:

No problem. 

Actually I can see his reasoning for getting one of the older ones. The newer system is a bit hard to use I hear. 

Yeah, my favorite city sets are the older ones, released between 2005 to 2012

I found the set yesterday at a group from Facebook(now I'm buying Lego there) its box isn't damaged, all the tape is in great condition and it's near me, I found another deal from the same group but I couldn't see the box and the price was even higher,so I better buy it now! 

I still use 9V for my Holiday Train (The first one not the Winter Village one.) and have last Passenger Train with whatever system and then newest cargo train with whatever the system is called. I still think LEGO will make another new system for new Trains for next year.

Just now, Maple said:

I still use 9V for my Holiday Train (The first one not the Winter Village one.) and have last Passenger Train with whatever system and then newest cargo train with whatever the system is called. I still think LEGO will make another new system for new Trains for next year.

Probably it will be control+ but with a different hub, I know what holiday train it is the 2006 one, a great train! 

Just now, Powered by Bricks said:

Probably it will be control+ but with a different hub, I know what holiday train it is the 2006 one, a great train! 

What was most stunning was it was HALF OFF Lego.com!

When LEGO.com still had sales. 

7 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

I agree. Older City sets are much better. In my opinion, this is especially true for the emergency  vehicles. I don't speak for anyone else, but I don't much care for the police and fire vehicles that were made for this year. It's not the fact that they are police or fire vehicles. But it's the fact that Lego actually finds it necessary to use those big ol monster truck tires for them. I hope they go back to normal tires for emergency vehicles in future. The ones from this year are too big for the loading gauge of my town and for the new road plate system. If I worked for TLG, I'd probably recommended a smaller gauge to fit the new road system. 

However. I'd give passes to the new fire helicopter and the police helicopter chase from 2020. Those are pretty neat. 

8 minutes ago, Maple said:

What was most stunning was it was HALF OFF Lego.com!

When LEGO.com still had sales. 

Now, if I want a good deal, only in other retailers 

1 minute ago, Brandon Pea said:

I agree. Older City sets are much better. In my opinion, this is especially true for the emergency  vehicles. I don't speak for anyone else, but I don't much care for the police and fire vehicles that were made for this year. It's not the fact that they are police or fire vehicles. But it's the fact that Lego actually finds it necessary to use those big ol monster truck tires for them. I hope they go back to normal tires for emergency vehicles in future. The ones from this year are too big for the loading gauge of my town and for the new road plate system. If I worked for TLG, I'd probably recommended a smaller gauge to fit the new road system. 

However. I'd give passes to the new fire helicopter and the police helicopter chase from 2020. Those are pretty neat. 

I didn't like new fire and police vehicles either, that prisoner transporter was the smallest I've ever seen, the older ones could carry 2 or even more minifigures, this new set not, the helicopters were my favorites from this years

4 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

I didn't like new fire and police vehicles either, that prisoner transporter was the smallest I've ever seen, the older ones could carry 2 or even more minifigures, this new set not, the helicopters were my favorites from this years

I don't know about you, but I was hoping the prison transport would be one of those buses that takes the most dangerous criminals to  prisons out in the middle of nowhere. That would've been something I'd pay for. 

34 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

I don't know about you, but I was hoping the prison transport would be one of those buses that takes the most dangerous criminals to  prisons out in the middle of nowhere. That would've been something I'd pay for. 

I want a lego version of this :

https://images.app.goo.gl/XaQUna5d74xAd7xMA

Edited by Powered by Bricks

6 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

Yo! I've been wanting something like that for ages. I think we got something like it in 2011. 

This is a portuguese criminal transporter, I lived near a police station and sometimes I could saw the interior, those new lego ones don't have seats unlike the real prisoner transporters

To be honest some of the(Lego) vehicles look like our police vehicles, the police cars and the mobile police unit(2020 version)the rest do not have nothing similar to our other vehicles 

Edited by Powered by Bricks

@Powered by Bricks The only police vehicles I like from 2020 are the helicopter from the helicopter chase, the small steak out unit from the monster truck heist and the police car from the brick box. I'm actually planning to acquire the 2020 police station. I regret not getting that one when I had the chance. 

The issue for me with the prisoner transport vehicles is that, at least in Australia, police don't have responsibility for that so the 'police' stickers everywhere seem jarring.

I'd like something like this as a set, its used by the Security and Emergency Service Group of Corrections Victoria:

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/armour-plated-high-tech-and-900k-each-paddy-wagons-go-mad-max-20190621-p5201t.html

6 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

I don't know if it's nostalgia talking, but this is 100% in line with my view too. Perhaps it's because I had my Dark Ages from about 2013 to 2019, and thus missed the gradual transition in what sets look like, but there have been very few recent sets I've been especially enamoured by. Since getting back into Lego in a big way about eighteen months ago, I've bought way too many sets - but only two City sets, both smaller sets (the Safari Off-roader and the Fire Chief Response Truck), both primarily for a certain part that was in the set (the parrot in the safari set, the dark red ponytail hair in the fire truck). Looking at the current line, there's very little that entices me. Most of the sets either feel like an inferior version of something we've had before or feel too sparse to be worth the money. A good example is the Family House 60291 - about 400 pieces, but it doesn't look like it, and on top of that it's an ugly-looking building imo. When compared with 2010's 8403 City House - with fewer minifigures but a similar piece count - the difference is stark.

Oftentimes when I'm ordering a big set, I'll get a smaller set at the same time - something to build when I'm craving a big building session, while the big set is aired over several days. I always look at the City section on Lego.com first, but it's rare I find anything there I want to buy.

6 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

So you're a City fan too? What's your view on the new road plate system?

At the moment I've not actually interacted with it, so it would be unfair for me to make a definitive judgement. On instinct, I dislike it - but then, I've never had a tabletop city or any form of permanent or semi-permanent display, I only own one old road plate, and my dislike is probably a reaction to it as symptomatic of the general decline in baseplates. I've read lots of pros and cons touted online, but most of them don't apply to me, so I don't really know where I stand. It definitely doesn't help that I've not been impressed by any of the sets that go with the new road plates, but that's a separate issue.