Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

6 minutes ago, ks6349 said:

New fire truck (60280) is disappointing, compared to 60231 released in 2019

Yea it is, I think it's supposed to be a 4+ version of 60002,but we could get a better one next year, I'm curious to see the next fire stationĀ 

3 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Yea it is, I think it's supposed to be a 4+ version of 60002,but we could get a better one next year, I'm curious to see the next fire stationĀ 

Lego 60215 Fire Station is also disappointing. I saw deals here a couple of times but I was still reluctant to pull out my wallet

48 minutes ago, ks6349 said:

Lego 60215 Fire Station is also disappointing. I saw deals here a couple of times but I was still reluctant to pull out my wallet

I think it looks nice! My only disappointment was the fact that it's not big enough for a bigger fire truck like the one from 60214.Ā 

11 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

I think it looks nice! My only disappointment was the fact that it's not big enough for a bigger fire truck like the one from 60214ļ»æ.Ā 

Fire station 60215 is the worst one compared to other City fire stations released in recent years, not including those under old LEGO SYSTEM of course.

Edited by ks6349

37 minutes ago, ks6349 said:

Fire station 60215 is the worst one compared to other City fire stations released

so far

But the 2005 one is even worse, it had a 16x16 plate for the garage, in 60215 they used a 16x16 plate for the garage too, but comparing them, 60215 is the winner

And here's a leak for summer:

-30570-Wildlife Polybag

Edited by Powered by Bricks

6 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

But the 2005 one is even worse, it had a 16x16 plate for the garageļ»æ, in 60215 they used a 16x16 plate for the garage too, but comparing them, 60215 is the winner

And here's a leak for summer:

-30570-Wildlife Polybag

60215 was often put on special sale last year. They was sometimes sold for approx. USD $38 only but nobody was buying

Edited by ks6349

It took me a moment to realize the release dates on the polybags are listed day/month/year. I expect the Raya one to be extremely popular.

I think the hatred here forĀ 60215 is funny as I love it and have hated pretty much all the Fire Stations in the last decade because they lacked 'soul'. I which LEGO would have made a Police Station in the style that would have connected to it and the docks. Instead we got the garbage Police Station.

1 hour ago, Maple said:

I think the hatred here forĀ 60215 is funny as I love it and have hated pretty much all the Fire Stations in the last decade because they lacked 'soul'. I which LEGO would have made a Police Station in the style that would have connected to it and the docks. Instead we got the garbage Police Station.

Agree. Last year's police station was by far THE WORST EVER!

My god, who would even buy that?! One of the worst lego sets ever!

About the 60215, I kinda like it, but it's too small for a fire station (but since it isn't the main set, it's ok)

4 minutes ago, Xico26 said:

About the 60215, I kinda like it, but it's too small for a fire station (but since it isn't the main set, it's ok)

Yeah I know that 60246 wasn't the best police station ever made, but what about the cheap one? (60270)

Speaking of police stations, today I ordered my favorite one the 2006 version of 7237 plus the 2006 ambulance helicopter for a great price of 60ā‚¬

3 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Yeah I know that 60246 wasn't the best police station ever made, but what about the cheap one? (60270ļ»æ)

I don't even count that as a Police station :laugh_hard:

3 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

ļ»æ Speaking of police stations, today I ordered my favorite one the 2006 version of 7237 plus the 2006 ambulance helicopter for a great price of 60ā‚¬

Congrats man!

11 minutes ago, Xico26 said:

Exactly! I was so ticked off by the last police station that I ended up breaking that one up and finding the 60047 versionĀ on Ebay. It was a great deal as it was still in its factory sealed bags.Ā The 2020 police station was TERRIBLE. The good thing about City buildings is that you can mod them to meet your standards. Not 60246. It was ruined beyond repair.Ā 

As far as the fire station is concerned...for me, it's just the right size for my town. An example of simplicity and detail put together. As @MapleĀ said, it's a shame that the 2020 police wasn't compatible.Ā 

5 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Speaking of police stations, today I ordered my favorite one the 2006 version of 7237 plus the 2006 ambulance helicopter for a great price of 60ā‚¬

Congrats dude.Ā 

Edited by Brandon Pea

3 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

My police statiion! I've done a MOC of it, the front looks great, just need to fix the back and find a place for the helipad!

19 minutes ago, Xico26 said:

I don't even count that as a Police station :laugh_hard:

Congrats man!

Ā 

19 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

Exactly! I was so ticked off by the last police station that I ended up breaking that one up and finding the 60047 versionĀ on Ebay. It was a great deal as it was still in its factory sealed bags.Ā The 2020 police station was TERRIBLE. The good thing about City buildings is that you can mod them to meet your standards. Not 60246. It was ruined beyond repair.Ā 

Congrats dude.Ā 

Thanks, since I discovered that set on 2018(as I said before, my passion for Lego started in 2010, so before that years, I didn't cared to see any set) I wanted to buy it,so finally I have it.Ā 

The 2020 big police station wasn't that good, it looked like it was a police version of the 2016 fire station, but it's not something I hate, it had what I wanted for a new police station

-That didn't include a helicopter

-That finally included a prisoner transport, for better playabilityĀ 

And....Ā 

-Two garages or parking zones for the police vehicles

But I agree with you that 60246 is the worst police station ever made

14 minutes ago, Xico26 said:

My police statiion! I've done a MOC of it, the front looks great, just need to fix the back and find a place for the helipad!

I have 7744,60141,60210 and soon 7237Ā 

I know that the sky police airbase isn't a normal police station, but it is the most normal looking one, so I decided to buy it!Ā 

OH and I finally got a ambulance helicopter!Ā 

Edited by Powered by Bricks

15 minutes ago, Xico26 said:

I did some major mods to mine. I removed the prison piece as it really wasn't needed and added windows to the opened part on the side of the office because I never cared for opened sides. Then IĀ expanded the garage part to accommodate my 60239 Police Patrol Car.Ā 

43 minutes ago, Xico26 said:

That's what I like. It's not the same as the other 4 in City that all feel the same. However I feel it is the only one that really would have benefited from a fire pole. Plus $100 sets are $100. I've been trying to get it on ebay for $35, but no luck. Today it went for $40. I don't want it that bad but I think it would look good next to the last hospital.

My first Fire Station was the World City $30 set. I then got a better one on clearance for cheap, probably the one after it.

Edited by Maple

8 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

I did some major mods to mine. I removed the prison piece as it really wasn't needed and added windows to the opened part on the side of the office because I never cared for opened sides. Then IĀ expanded the garage part to accommodate my 60239 Police Patrol Car.Ā 

I also removed the prison from the main building, for now it's on the back... Do you have any suggestions on where to place it?

1 minute ago, Xico26 said:

I also removed the prison from the main building, for now it's on the back... Do you have any suggestions on where to place it?

How about a big prison and make it standalone?

2 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

How about a big prison and make it standalone?

Just need to find the parts... I think it would be too expensive no?

Edited by Xico26

60047 is a great Police Station, I got it for cheap at Walmart. I always wanted the one with the white bicycle.

1 hour ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Niiiiccccceeeee. Ā Two extremely nice sets, both of whichĀ I have. Ā The heli in particular is very nice as itā€™s clearly a heli whilst still being made out of more standard pieces than the incredibly specific pieces today. Ā It hangs well too. Ā Itā€™s also the advertised setĀ for ā€˜a man has fallen into the river in LEGO City!ā€™ Ā Have you got the police station with the minifigure whose torch lights up or the version without?

Ā 

Edited by Vilhelm22

19 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

You mean this one?Ā 

7498-1.jpg?201012010513

Ā 

Yeah I think that's the one. The figures are modern but 90s classic like. The last City PD on a baseplate (I'm not counting the modular). And white bike. :)

5 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Niiiiccccceeeee. Ā Two extremely nice sets, both of whichĀ I have. Ā The heli in particular is very nice as itā€™s clearly a heli whilst still being made out of more standard pieces than the incredibly specific pieces today. Ā It hangs well too. Ā Itā€™s also the advertised setĀ for ā€˜a man has fallen into the river in LEGO City!ā€™ Ā Have you got the police station with the minifigure whose torch lights up or the version without?

Ā 

The 2006 version was without the light-up minifig. I bought it mainly for the parts. I never saw the appeal of the light-up figs.