Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

4 minutes ago, brimbolet said:

Perhaps I misunderstood the latest news on Promobricks.de. My German is not that good... Sorry.

Ah ok your good, I cant speak a word of German so yours is better then mine ?

57 minutes ago, DodgeDude5498 said:

???

We could definitely use one of those! I just hope the construction truck is a good one and not 4+

The set is not a 4+ set 

5 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

60284-normal set with 58 pieces 

See

4 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

The set is not a 4+ set 

See

Ok thanks! In that case I hope it will be an American style dump truck or a pickup with a work body or flatbed 

Biggest surprise to me is Modern Family House (388 pieces) , in City

It's been over a decade since the last regular City House  (383 pieces) in 2010

On the other hand, I still hope for a Creator House 3-in-1 set, maybe a larger one in Summer 21, but at least there's a Beach House.

Edited by TeriXeri

Racing Buggy Transporter and Tractor both are interesting, I'm hoping that the "racing buggies" are some sort of sandrail/off road go-kart looking thing as opposed to just a quad bike.   

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

Biggest surprise to me is Modern Family House (388 pieces) , in City

It's been over a decade since the last regular City House  (383 pieces) in 2010

On the other hand, I still hope for a Creator House 3-in-1 set, maybe a larger one in Summer 21, but at least there's a Beach House.

I'm really excited to see what the house looks like! I keep thinking about buying older creator 3-1s but can't bring myself to it yet!

46 minutes ago, Gobias1234 said:

I'm really excited to see what the house looks like! I keep thinking about buying older creator 3-1s but can't bring myself to it yet!

I'm wondering what the City Center will look like. Two mega sets back to back? The 2021 wave of City might be just what we needed to let us know that the theme was still in good hands. 

2 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Racing Buggy Transporter and Tractor both are interesting, I'm hoping that the "racing buggies" are some sort of sandrail/off road go-kart looking thing as opposed to just a quad bike.   The set can be similar to the set 60082 from 2015

The set can be similar to the set 60082 from 2015 

2 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

I'm wondering what the City Center will look like. Two mega sets back to back? The 2021 wave of City might be just what we needed to let us know that the theme was still in good hands. 

Me too, sounds strange to have a city center set in winter instead of a city center set on summer 

Edited by Powered by Bricks

Hmm, no explorer/adventurer subtheme? :sceptic:

In my childhood I had a Lego town with road base plates and some buildings, also on base plates. It was a well arranged layout, which is not possible anymore since Lego stopped using base plates for buildings. And now the road plates will be discontinued. Maybe it's nostalgia, but these base plates were an essential part of what made a Lego town fascinating for me. The new system is neither easy to use for children nor is it looking good enough for AFOLs. My guess: It will turn out as a huge mistake. We will see Chinese replacements in toy shops soon...

The exploration subthemes are 2HY releases, not 1HY releases.  We won't know what next summer's exploration subtheme is until sometime next spring.

28 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Sounds like there could be some good things comming in 2021.

From what my informant told me, they're changing up City for the better. One of these is abandoning subthemes and making City just City with no particular categories. These sets on this list are just random releases. This shocked me as it's usually a wave that takes place out of the city following classic police year; i.e. Forest Police, Swamp Police and Mountain Police. 

However police and fire related sets do sell. So they're still going to make them every year. Just not with a dedicated setting in mind. They're just gonna be random. 

I'm somewhat pleased to see a "Modern Family House" and "City Centre" in Lego City. This gives me hope that the houses and commercial buildings in the "Creator 3 in 1" line will return to being fully enclosed builds and the houses and commercial buildings in Lego City will be the traditional open-back.

I didn't understand or appreciate the move to open-back builds in the "Creator 3 in 1" line, so perhaps there will be a clearer distinction with Lego City going forward.

I'm currently still in the planning stages of making my city, so because LEGO is retiring the road baseplates, I've been ordering a couple more in case they don't return / take a long time to return. I wish roadplates would come separate per type instead of having mixed types, but it is what is.

The winter wave does look interesting. More reminiscent of older City waves instead of the police/fire overload of this year.

1 hour ago, Salix said:

The winter wave does look interesting. More reminiscent of older City waves instead of the police/fire overload of this year.

These do seem interesting. Especially the fact that the 2021 police sets don't seem to be part of any dedicated setting, but rather just random releases that are extensions to this year's police wave. This list actually took me by surprise. I knew City was gonna be changed for the better. But I didn't know it would be THIS good. 

In my opinion, this new system of releasing City sets is much better than the one they used during the 2010s. 

1 hour ago, Brandon Pea said:

These do seem interesting. Especially the fact that the 2021 police sets don't seem to be part of any dedicated setting, but rather just random releases that are extensions to this year's police wave. 

That means that the next year's police will be a normal police subtheme? 

Edited by Powered by Bricks

22 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

That means that the next year's police will be a normal police subtheme? 

Looks like it.

I don't think the subtheme system exists anymore - which is actually a good thing. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

yeh, like if your like me where you only use city sets for a city, it wont all be one building and then mayhem with fire and police, its more clam, 2021 is much better than previous years. i cant wait to see these new town sets.

On 9/14/2020 at 1:36 PM, Powered by Bricks said:

According to stonewars we have more information about the city 2021 sets 

-60275- 4+ helicopter with 51 pieces

- 60276-normal set with 244 pieces 

-60279-normal set with 87 pieces 

-60280-4+ fire truck with ladder and 88 pieces 

-60281-normal set with 212 pieces 

-60282-normal set with 380 pieces 

-60290-normal set with 195 pieces 

-60291-normal set with 388 pieces

-60292-normal set with 790 pieces 

-60304-normal set with 112 pieces

-60283-normal set with 190 pieces

-60284-normal set with 58 pieces 

-60285-normal set with 89 pieces

-60286-normal set with 79 pieces 

-60287-normal set with 148 pieces

-60288-normal set with 210 pieces 

-60289-normal set with 281 pieces 

We will have a subtheme called "My City" that have 4 sets ( 60290,60291,60292 and 60304) 

And here's a image of what can be the set 60304

lego-my-city-strassensystem-1024x481.jpg

So one "roadset" (according to promobricks) costs 20 Euros. The middle section contains one 16x16 piece (or 4 8x8's) and it is surrounded by 3 8x16 pieces.
This means you'll get one 16x32 plate from this set, meaning you'll need two sets to have just one (!) roadplate. (Or you need to get creative with the sides, ofcourse)

So if my calculations are right, one new single baseplate costs 40 Euros, which is a slight increase compared to the old system.. .?

16 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

From what my informant told me, they're changing up City for the better. One of these is abandoning subthemes and making City just City with no particular categories. These sets on this list are just random releases. This shocked me as it's usually a wave that takes place out of the city following classic police year; i.e. Forest Police, Swamp Police and Mountain Police. 

However police and fire related sets do sell. So they're still going to make them every year. Just not with a dedicated setting in mind. They're just gonna be random. 

I do hope it's less Lego City Adventures and more back to a more basic City without required subthemes or named characters.

Now , I'm not ruling out the return of Coast Guard for 2021 yet, as that has been a summer theme, but maybe LEGO is taking a step back instead of requiring a full subtheme each wave.

Edited by TeriXeri

5 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

I do hope it's less Lego City Adventures and more back to a more basic City without required subthemes or named characters.

A Coast Guard set might be nice, but LEGO is already selling ocean explorer sets right now, and likely for at least through 2021 as the releases already were later then usual.

I dunno. They did put the Harbor and coast Guard bases back to back in 2007 and 2008. 

4 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

I dunno. They did put the Harbor and coast Guard bases back to back in 2007 and 2008. 

I edited my post, I found out Coast Guard was a summer theme in 2008/2013/2017 so not ruling it out 100%.

It's surprising there's a Beach Rescue Squad set, maybe that'll take the place of a Coast Guard starter set .

Squad sounds like multiple figures, and a return to starter sets, with 79 pieces at €9,99 very likely to be a figure set and not a big build.

The 2017 Coast Guard starter set had 3 figures, 76 pieces and a shark.

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

I edited my post, I found out Coast Guard was a summer theme in 2008/2013/2017 so not ruling it out 100%.

It's surprising there's a Beach Rescue Squad set, maybe that'll take the place of a Coast Guard starter set .

Squad sounds like multiple figures, and a return to starter sets, with 79 pieces at €9,99 very likely to be a figure set and not a big build.

The 2017 Coast Guard starter set had 3 figures, 76 pieces and a shark.

I think that in summer we will have 3 coast guard sets and 4 exploration sets, so if I'm correct we will probably have a rescue boat, a helicopter and a coast guard base. 

This can be like this year because they did the post plane for great vehicles(for the first time) and in summer they did a air show set, and two airports for the airport subtheme