Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

1 hour ago, Maple said:

City is a theme based on what sells, no what you want

No! City is an action packed theme based on city life. Things like policing, firefighting, racing, sailing, flying and railroading. Its not what we want. It's actually what the theme is about. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

I’m little disappointed that there are so many stunt bikes for summer wave. I’m looking forward for wildlife rescue sub theme sets!

12 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

No! City is an action packed theme based on city life. Things like policing, firefighting, racing, sailing, flying and railroading. Its not what we want. It's actually what the theme is about. 

True but let’s not forget one thing it’s not really about city life. Take a look at subthemes - Forest, Jungle, Mining, Deep Sea, Space, etc., and now Wildlife Rescue. So we are away from the urban area that allow us to explore differnet regions (safari, jungle, forest, space, sea).

4 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

True but let’s not forget one thing it’s not really about city life. Take a look at subthemes - Forest, Jungle, Mining, Deep Sea, Space, etc., and now Wildlife Rescue. So we are away from the urban area that allow us to explore differnet regions (safari, jungle, forest, space, sea).

I agree. I just didn't appreciate the accusatory remark about us making it about what we want. 

Just now, Brandon Pea said:

I agree. I just didn't appreciate the accusatory remark about us making it about what we want. 

Completely understandable! 

1 hour ago, Brandon Pea said:

It's actually what the theme is about. 

I think I would prefer a harbour theme over coast guard, but I see no reason why those two themes couldn't be combined (ocean exploration could tie in as well), in the same way the the original 2007 harbour theme included municipal vehicles and a service station, and the 2011 theme had marinas, leisure craft and race boats.

I don't really mind wildlife rescue being included because in NSW we have the government funded RSPCA and the partially government funded charity WIRES that do this sort of thing, so it doesn't seem as foreign.

However, as I have said before, I think these sets should have there own theme along with exploration to free up room for more city-based sets.

What I don't understand is why Lego don't capitalise on the AFOL market and offer more realistic and better detailed modern city sets, I know this would compete with modulars but some buyers might prefer some modern, less expensive alternatives, as well as vehicles in minifigure scale. Obviously what AFOLs and children want is different, so why can't Lego supply both.

1 hour ago, Stuartn said:

I think I would prefer a harbour theme over coast guard, but I see no reason why those two themes couldn't be combined (ocean exploration could tie in as well), in the same way the the original 2007 harbour theme included municipal vehicles and a service station, and the 2011 theme had marinas, leisure craft and race boats.

What I don't understand is why Lego don't capitalise on the AFOL market and offer more realistic and better detailed modern city sets, I know this would compete with modulars but some buyers might prefer some modern, less expensive alternatives, as well as vehicles in minifigure scale. Obviously what AFOLs and children want is different, so why can't Lego supply both.

I completely agree with you!

There are enough AFOLs like you and me which aren't that glad with many regular City sets but which don't want modular builings. In between there's a big gap: City style houses with open backs but more depth, more floors and more civilian oriented (shops, apartments and offices) and specialized vehicles (e. g. commuter train, fire fighting train, pleasure cruiser, big container ship).

But I think we should discuss this better in the "Ideas for new City sets" topic - otherwise we're getting too much off-topic. ?

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Well, 3in1 already covers the bigger  City houses. And no Coast Guard was to be expected after last years Ocean Exploration.

It's not confirmed, but polybag 30570 may be available.
Maybe it's about the wildlife rescue.

6 hours ago, AndreMW said:

Well, 3in1 already covers the bigger  City houses. And no Coast Guard was to be expected after last years Ocean Exploration.

Exactly, if you want better houses you have to go to Creator. Get 31097, 31105 and the new 31118. With 25-30% discount you get some nice sets (few minifigs though) but in my book much more bang for your buck than with the new city sets like 60292 and 60306. And you can buy more of the creator sets and build their other variations too.

53 minutes ago, LCP said:
It's not confirmed, but polybag 30570 may be available.
Maybe it's about the wildlife rescue.

And if past releases are a guide, there could well be an unannounced ‘store exclusive’ set too. 

On 1/13/2021 at 3:49 AM, fo4saken said:

Just one more thing about Crooks Hideout... Helicopter has got 2 knobs as I spot. One is at the end of the tail and it definitely do something and second one is on the top of the rotor, I'm not sure it has got a job to do or it is simply finish element.

There could be two actions; one for rotating rotors and second for pulling in and pulling out the rope.

be3ac81366469646.jpg

Well spotted.

I'm thinking the top knob is for the rotors, which I believe are contra-rotating, based on what looks like some sort of gear mechanism between them (and in real life that's what those rotors would do).

The knob at the rear might be fore retractable landing wheels -the wheels look like they are attached at a slightly odd angle to me, which suggests they are on a hinge or something for retraction. 

17 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

City life in the Arctic? City life looking for gold in the jungle? City life studying volcanos? You people just spent 3 pages of replies complaining about City because they aren't making things you want and that City Stunt isn't City enough for you all.

Edited by Maple

2 hours ago, Maple said:

City life in the Arctic? City life looking for gold in the jungle? City life studying volcanos? You people just spent 3 pages of replies complaining about City because they aren't making things you want and that City Stunt isn't City enough for you all.

Agreed. Any subthemes under City don’t bother me. I think it’s cool to be away from urban area and explore new regions (jungle, sea, safari). I’m super curious about stunt sets.  It sounds like it’s a film industry to me or something. 

2 hours ago, Maple said:

Agreed. Any subthemes under City don’t bother me. But I’m super curious about stunt sets.  It sounds like it’s a film industry to me or something. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

What bothers me most in City is that all sets from various subthemes vanish from the store completely after some time. Would it be such a problem to leave just one small or medium sized set for airport, harbour etc. each and let it stay on the shelves until it is replaced by a newer version, when Lego makes a complete rerun. The last cement mixer was sold about 10 years ago. Just think how many kids/parents would have bought one during that time, if one was available!

Concerning the 2021 summer list I find it quite odd, that after introducing the new roadplates (which I don't like) we don't get more buildings like a small post office, hospital or something to connect with.  Or a construction site - no demolition please ! - Lego City has a serious housing problem after all.

7 hours ago, Maple said:

No! There are no complaints over not having our way. None of those. Do you understand? None! 

We're simply critiquing. We are looking at what City is supposed to be about. We know its not about what we want. 

I'm going to say this in defense of the critics. It's not your place to tell people how to feel. You do that and you'll only get resentment and resistance. Little life lesson. 

No attacks intended. But some people (especially people on this forum) are going to make me hate something that I have loved for years. 

5 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Agreed. Any subthemes under City don’t bother me. I think it’s cool to be away from urban area and explore new regions (jungle, sea, safari). I’m super curious about stunt sets.  It sounds like it’s a film industry to me or something. 

At the same time, you can't tell someone how to feel about those sets being in the City theme though. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

11 hours ago, brimbolet said:

Concerning the 2021 summer list I find it quite odd, that after introducing the new roadplates (which I don't like) we don't get more buildings like a small post office, hospital or something to connect with.  Or a construction site - no demolition please ! 

You'd think they'd capitalize on the buildable road plate system - which I actually adore and love. Whoever's idea at Lego to do that, kudos to you. Along with the sets you've just mentioned, a bus terminal would've been a great set too. With a building that is about the same size as the building in the crooks hideout. 

I gaurantee you that if LEGO thought a bus station or other public transport sets would sell well, they would make such sets.

But kids (the target market for City) clearly prefer fire trucks or police cars or racing cars or the like to buses and bus stations.

36 minutes ago, jonwil said:

I gaurantee you that if LEGO thought a bus station or other public transport sets would sell well, they would make such sets.

But kids (the target market for City) clearly prefer fire trucks or police cars or racing cars or the like to buses and bus stations.

I want a bus set, if one of those unknown sets(60307 and 60308) is a bus terminal similar to 60154, I will buy it! 

18 minutes ago, fo4saken said:

I want a bus set as well, same as I want new ambulance set (without hospital) for my son.

Me too,a few days ago I just wanted a ambulance helicopter because I had the 2018 hospital and the set includes a normal sized ambulance, but It didn't have almost any details, I want a ambulance similar to the one of 2012 

36 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

...I want a ambulance similar to the one of 2012 

Yeah, we have this '12 4431 ambulance; it's quite nice but it is a second hand - and it's only the vehicle as it was quite cheap, but stickers are badly and carelessly placed with some corners peeling off. 

2 hours ago, jonwil said:

That's false. Then why did they bother to make 8404 and 60154? 

The news just came up in Stonewars, and 60308 is coming out in a police series.