Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

Speaking of tow trucks, I also remember coming up with a follow up to the towing subtheme from 2009. Only expending it a little by including vehicles for them to tow, similar to 60081. My ideas for a towing subtheme would be;

• A light duty tow truck (similar to 7638) with a small 6 stud wide sedan. 
  • A heavy wrecker with a big truck 
  • A flatbed tow truck like the one from 2013 with a broken down motorcycle. 
  • A towing barge with broken down civilian boat - though that could also work under coast guard. 
  • An aircraft transport with a helicopter that needs repair. Just because there has to be a helicopter. Grrr! I remember the one they had in 2009. 
  • A road rescue garage as the base set. Instead of a tow truck, the vehicle included is a roadside assistance car for the boss. 

59 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

Speaking of tow trucks, I also remember coming up with a follow up to the towing subtheme from 2009. Only expending it a little by including vehicles for them to tow, similar to 60081. My ideas for a towing subtheme would be;

• A light duty tow truck (similar to 7638) with a small 6 stud wide sedan. 
  • A heavy wrecker with a big truck 
  • A flatbed tow truck like the one from 2013 with a broken down motorcycle. 
  • A towing barge with broken down civilian boat - though that could also work under coast guard. 
  • An aircraft transport with a helicopter that needs repair. Just because there has to be a helicopter. Grrr! I remember the one they had in 2009. 
  • A road rescue garage as the base set. Instead of a tow truck, the vehicle included is a roadside assistance car for the boss. 

That's great!

If they launched a TV subtheme, these are my guesses:

• Just a small motorcycle with a reporter 
  • A small TV car with reporter and camera man
  • A TV Heli and motorcycle 
  • TV Mobile Unit (huge truck, with reporters, cameras, a generator, ...) like for shows 
  • TV Studio/HQ with a studio (ofc), cars, vans, generators, huge satelite dishes, and lots of minifigs

For a Medical subtheme, I'd go for:

• A small doctor car with a medic
  • Ambulance
  • Emergency Heli with motorcycle
  • Hospital with doc car, small heli, ... 
  • Huge crash (like what they did with downtown fire brigade as main fire set) with ambulances, police, fire dept, ...

And for some general city sets, it would be cool:

• Town Hall
  • Central Park
  • Bank
  • Mail Post
  • School
  • Cafe, Restaurants, ...

19 minutes ago, Xico26 said:

That's great!

• TV Mobile Unit (huge truck, with reporters, cameras, a generator, ...) like for shows 
  • TV Studio/HQ with a studio (ofc), cars, vans, generators, huge satelite dishes, and lots of minifigs

• Ambulance
  • Huge crash (like what they did with downtown fire brigade as main fire set) with ambulances, police, fire dept, ...

• Town Hall
  • Central Park
  • Bank
  • Mail Post
  • School
  • Cafe, Restaurants, ...

Those are all good ideas. Maybe TV subtheme would be a good opportunity to utilize the TV 6+ company in Lego City. I also love your ideas for a medical subtheme. I would also add some type of mobile medical unit similar to this vehicle. 

Your general town sets ideas are good too. I don't speak for anyone else, but the town hall was all i wanted 60271 for. That and the tram. Don't really need the other subject matter. I'm still waiting for a school building and a post office too. Guess we'll have to do our best MOCs of those types of buildings until Lego sees fit to give us one from City. 

Just now, Xico26 said:

Yup! Glad you liked it! :D

Though I must admit that the huge crash may be a bit hard. How about a scene with an injured skater instead?

Just now, Brandon Pea said:

Though I must admit that the huge crash may be a bit hard. How about a scene with an injured skater instead?

The huge crash is just an idea to have a set with all major subthemes (Police, Med and Fire) but it can be other thing or even nothing :laugh:

Just now, Xico26 said:

The huge crash is just an idea to have a set with all major subthemes (Police, Med and Fire) but it can be other thing or even nothing :laugh:

Oh I see. Like a starter set of some sort? 

Oh I see. Like a starter set of some sort? 

My idea was like the opposite: lots of minifigs, ambulances, helis, trucks, cars, ... (maybe around 100€-120€) The starter set could be just some small motorcycle

EDIT: Maybe something like a plane or train crash? Oh, and it could also have a TV Van

Edited by Xico26

Just now, Xico26 said:

My idea was like the opposite: lots of minifigs, ambulances, helis, trucks, cars, ... (maybe around 100€-120€) The starter set could be just some small motorcycle

Yeah! Too many different subthemes in one set for it to be under a medical subtheme. Plus City doesn't really do sets like that unless it's a city booster set like 60271. 

Yeah! Too many different subthemes in one set for it to be under a medical subtheme. Plus City doesn't really do sets like that unless it's a city booster set like 60271. 

Well you are right... Better if it is a "general" set and not under some specific subtheme

42 minutes ago, Xico26 said:

• Central Park

That could be quite possible for summer wave. Maybe not huge set but if we have already some buildings with roads, they can create green park with some stuff plus piece of the road. 

8 minutes ago, Xico26 said:

That's great!

• Ambulance

• Town Hall
  • Central Park
  • Bank
  • Mail Post
  • School
  • Cafe, Restaurants, ...

Awesome ideas! 

Here's mine ideas for a harbor/sea vehicles subtheme 

-Fishing boat:Same big boat piece used in set 60147,with two minifigures, and some fish

-Cargo Boat:Medium Sized boat with a few containers and a small Dockside building and some cargo workers

-Cruise Ship:Huge Ship with a kitchen, bedrooms, pool, with a captain, crew workers, and some normal people 

-Harbor:Big harbor with the new road plates, a big crane, a cargo truck, a big cargo ship and a variety of minifigures 

The number of the police gyrocopter I showed you a few weeks ago was released.
952101 is the product number.

5 hours ago, Xico26 said:

EDIT: Maybe something like a plane or train crash? Oh, and it could also have a TV Van

I used to crash my Lego planes all the time, by dropping them! Some of my old wing pieces are dented.

For a more realistic emergency, I would add fire pieces to the new family house, with the family still inside!

5 hours ago, Xico26 said:

That's great!

• Ambulance

• Town Hall
  • Central Park
  • Bank
  • Mail Post
  • School
  • Cafe, Restaurants, ...

I like these ideas!! We really need medical sets for sure!

Let’s not forget about science/museum sets!

• Digging site with fossils and a truck
  • Ruined jungle temple with cursed object and off-road vehicle
  • Egyptian tomb with a coffin that contains mummy and a statue of Anubis 
  • Underwater ruin and a statue of Poseidon 
  • Museum (it’s where we can fill it with small sets I mentioned above)

I just think it’s cool to have some paleonotogical/archaeological/scientific sets would be cool. Of course museum would come with a crook to steal valuable objects. 

5 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Awesome ideas! 

-Fishing boat:Same big boat piece used in set 60147,with two minifigures, and some fish

-Cargo Boat:Medium Sized boat with a few containers and a small Dockside building and some cargo workers

-Cruise Ship:Huge Ship with a kitchen, bedrooms, pool, with a captain, crew workers, and some normal people 

-Harbor:Big harbor with the new road plates, a big crane, a cargo truck, a big cargo ship and a variety of minifigures 

Thanks! Your ideas are also great!

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I just think it’s cool to have some paleonotogical/archaeological/scientific sets would be cool. Of course museum would come with a crook to steal valuable objects. 

Wow! That's a great idea! (And finally the crooks would have something to rob :laugh_hard:

6 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Awesome ideas! 

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

These along with a medical subtheme, TV subtheme and towing subtheme would make the perfect summer wave. 

How about a postal service subtheme with those. 

• Express Delivery - includes mail van (recolored bank truck from 60169), mail box and pallet with mail and parcels. 
  • Highway Postal Haul - includes long yellow truck with 3 pallets of parcels
  • Air Mail - includes jumbo jet with pallets, forklift and control tower
  • Post Office - includes post office building and mail car - they actually had those in my old town. 

14 hours ago, Maple said:

The USA price changes is simply because LEGO thinks hey can and get away with it. I don't think they understand that 1/3 of adults, 60-70 million people, don't have enough money for food or rent in the USA. So good time to increase the prices.

But now the are somewhat the same price in Europe and the USA. I don't know about Aussie pricing

Australian prices from Lego are about 50-60% higher than US prices, however most large department/variety stores like BigW, Kmart and Target will have prices that are closer to the US prices. I am not sure if this reduction of prices outside of Lego stores occurs in other countries. Most smaller retailers and the more upmarket department store chains here like Myer or David Jones will follow Lego pricing, though with some sets, especially at sales, they can be the cheapest options.

Australian prices for sets this wave actually seem quite good, although the inclusion of road plates does make it harder to judge the appropriate prices. Some sets such as shopping street (AU$120) seem ridiculously overpriced to me, but as I said the majority seem quite reasonable.

1 hour ago, Brandon Pea said:

How about a postal service subtheme with those. 

• Express Delivery - includes mail van (recolored bank truck from 60169), mail box and pallet with mail and parcels. 
  • Highway Postal Haul - includes long yellow truck with 3 pallets of parcels
  • Air Mail - includes jumbo jet with pallets, forklift and control tower
  • Post Office - includes post office building and mail car - they actually had those in my old town. 

Even better!

Watching this video, made me want a new farming subtheme!

2 hours ago, Stuartn said:

Australian prices from Lego are about 50-60% higher than US prices, however most large department/variety stores like BigW, Kmart and Target will have prices that are closer to the US prices. I am not sure if this reduction of prices outside of Lego stores occurs in other countries. Most smaller retailers and the more upmarket department store chains here like Myer or David Jones will follow Lego pricing, though with some sets, especially at sales, they can be the cheapest options.

Australian prices for sets this wave actually seem quite good, although the inclusion of road plates does make it harder to judge the appropriate prices. Some sets such as shopping street (AU$120) seem ridiculously overpriced to me, but as I said the majority seem quite reasonable.

$120AU is $93USD, so you are only getting screwed a little.

In the USA the normal prices at LEGO to department stores is exactly the same prices. The department stores just have the sets on sale very often at 20% off, and then better sales a few times a year.

5 hours ago, Maple said:

In the USA the normal prices at LEGO to department stores is exactly the same prices. The department stores just have the sets on sale very often at 20% off, and then better sales a few times a year.

I am glad to know that, I had previously just assumed they would have been lower as well and that Australian buyers were paying a lot more either way.

We have 20% sales regularly here to, in fact I managed to get the tuning workshop set at the US price.

This video shows the process of assembling 60291 quickly.
The location of the seal is different from the regular Lego city products.

12 minutes ago, LCP said:
The location of the seal is different from the regular Lego city products.

Weird but funny