Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

Recommended Posts

On 9/26/2021 at 9:42 AM, Powered by Bricks said:

A Speed Build of 60294 has popped up! 

So basically the truck can carry each minifigure included, the clown minifigures has a double expression (happy/scared), the ramps are not a single piece. 

As for the motorbikes, those are quite powerful, and the trailer's play feature actually works! 

I'm excited to see how the 60295 monster trucks work 

My local Target accidentally put these out today. But the system would not let them be sold yet :pir-bawling:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw this on brickset, LEGO going full adventurers nostalgia here with the scorpion and magnifying glass , or perhaps a bit of a hybrid, with an in-house Indiana jones (the beard and hat and bag)

952110-1.jpg

Big throwback to 1998 :

5900-1.jpg

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Just saw this on brickset, LEGO going full adventurers nostalgia here with the scorpion and magnifying glass , or perhaps a bit of a hybrid, with an in-house Indiana jones (the beard and hat and bag)

952110-1.jpg

Big throwback to 1998 :

5900-1.jpg

I’m not sure if I understand your point? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love how the Indiana Jones clone has a slightly worried look on his face, like he's expecting a giant legal smackdown from Disney at any moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Just saw this on brickset, LEGO going full adventurers nostalgia here with the scorpion and magnifying glass , or perhaps a bit of a hybrid, with an in-house Indiana jones (the beard and hat and bag)

952110-1.jpg

Big throwback to 1998 :

5900-1.jpg

Johnny Thunder has decided to upgrade his wardrobe I see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, danth said:

I love how the Indiana Jones clone has a slightly worried look on his face, like he's expecting a giant legal smackdown from Disney at any moment.

:head_back:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m not sure if I understand your point? 

The Scorpion/Treasure/Magnifying Glass can be compared to that Adventurers set from 1998, and then if you compare the Face, Hat, and Jacket+Bag, it's more like LEGO Indiana Jones from 2008.

I don't think LEGO just randomly put those pieces together without thinking about those 2 LEGO themes of the past.

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

The Scorpion/Treasure/Magnifying Glass can be compared to that Adventurers set from 1998, and then if you compare the Face, Hat, and Jacket+Bag, it's more like LEGO Indiana Jones from 2008.

I don't think LEGO just randomly put those pieces together without thinking about those 2 LEGO themes of the past.

Gotcha!

I was little confused thinking Johnny Thunder will be in City theme. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a big fan of Rocket Racer (obviously :laugh:) I went to my local toyshop to get 60298 today. I took some quick pictures:

51538616508_281a723c77_n.jpg 51538616433_a34a7598f5_n.jpg

Comparison with the existing bike mold. Sadly the two are not compatible :sceptic: The new molds connect with one stud at the back instead of the 2 stud connection in the middle.

51538616378_11eabd2c37_n.jpg 51538616328_9e5c2f4426_n.jpg

With CMF series 18 Race Car Guy. I love how they used the same face, just changing the mouth.

51539300910_cd318e8481_n.jpg 51537588772_df02d0b97f_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone tell me if any of the new heads in the Stunt sets (specifically the one with the moustache, the female with the lipstick or the guy with the crown-shaped glasses) are double sided?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Can anyone tell me if any of the new heads in the Stunt sets (specifically the one with the moustache, the female with the lipstick or the guy with the crown-shaped glasses) are double sided?

 

All three have an alternate face.

The moustache one looks like he had a stunt gone wrong :laugh_hard: and the blue-haired female sticks out her tongue. You can see both clearly in this youtube video around 3:20 


The one with the crown shaped glasses is making a duck face for his selfie, it is the only one shown in official pictures.

60309_alt6.jpg

Edited by RocketRacer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RocketRacer said:

As a big fan of Rocket Racer (obviously :laugh:) I went to my local toyshop to get 60298 today. I took some quick pictures:

51538616508_281a723c77_n.jpg 51538616433_a34a7598f5_n.jpg

Comparison with the existing bike mold. Sadly the two are not compatible :sceptic: The new molds connect with one stud at the back instead of the 2 stud connection in the middle.

51538616378_11eabd2c37_n.jpg 51538616328_9e5c2f4426_n.jpg

With CMF series 18 Race Car Guy. I love how they used the same face, just changing the mouth.

51539300910_cd318e8481_n.jpg 51537588772_df02d0b97f_n.jpg

Oh that's neat! I didn't realize they actually went to the length of making the character consistent between the CMFs and this new set! This new version of Rocket Racer is definitely more stylish, though, with the larger logo and white racing suit.

I wanna pick this set up at some point. I don't really collect City but I want to try out the new motorbikes for the novelty of it, and having grown up with Lego Racers I too have a lot of nostalgia for the character of Rocket Racer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The set is really great. It is sooo long but well designed and build. We love the playable side - the bike is fast but stable. Fish is not black but more like metalic dark grey. Anyway, I see some good potential for future City adjustment truck.

ME403JW_o.jpg

 

Anglerfish side by side:

ME403V1_o.jpg

 

Btw, it seems like the monster trucks do have some working suspension

 

 

Edited by fo4saken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fo4saken said:

Anglerfish side by side:

Are the white parts glow in the dark?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RocketRacer said:

As a big fan of Rocket Racer (obviously :laugh:) I went to my local toyshop to get 60298 today. I took some quick pictures:

51538616508_281a723c77_n.jpg 51538616433_a34a7598f5_n.jpg

Comparison with the existing bike mold. Sadly the two are not compatible :sceptic: The new molds connect with one stud at the back instead of the 2 stud connection in the middle.

51538616378_11eabd2c37_n.jpg 51538616328_9e5c2f4426_n.jpg

With CMF series 18 Race Car Guy. I love how they used the same face, just changing the mouth.

51539300910_cd318e8481_n.jpg 51537588772_df02d0b97f_n.jpg

Rocket Racer is the first one I'm getting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked up a few of the Stunt sets today. I’m rather impressed with the little flywheel bikes. I’ve found myself zipping them around my desk all afternoon. The last time I think I did that with a Lego play feature was the original Ninjago spinners. While I’m not crazy about the tiny rear tire, it works and works well. But for best results do rev it 3x before release to really get that flywheel going. It looks like all of the small Bike sets have some printing on the bike shells. No stickers!

 

Edited by Faefrost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And this is how the truck looks with some quick teeth removing and bike with wheelie thing (inspired by 60296)

ME40QPG_o.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The more I look at it, the more I like the Stuntz sets.

And the more I read about them, the more I see this isn't an instant failure like the pull-cord helicopters from 2020.

 

I played a lot of the Trials video games (motorcycles with ramps and jumps) mainly since they came to PC, so this is the closest it'll get in a LEGO form.

Surprisingly the panels in 60293: Stunt Park are printed as well.

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

The more I look at it, the more I like the Stuntz sets.

And the more I read about them, the more I see this isn't an instant failure like the pull-cord helicopters from 2020.

 

I played a lot of the Trials video games (motorcycles with ramps and jumps) mainly since they came to PC, so this is the closest it'll get in a LEGO form.

Surprisingly the panels in 60293: Stunt Park are printed as well.

The line reminds me a lot of a miniaturized version of the old Evel Kenivel toys from my long ago younger days. Which is a good thing, those were the best toys ever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.