Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

Just finished 60295,the motorbike is really powerful! Brand new pieces are awesome too

3 hours ago, jus1973 said:

I don’t know about Lego stores, as I’m about 2 hrs away from the nearest. Just as well, as if I lived closer, I may be bankrupt.  

We have supermarkets and Argos (A catalogue shop) which are currently dropping 20% or more off most of the listed City sets.

OH OK, same in Portugal, the nearest toy store is kilometers(or miles) away from my town nearest toy's r us is 30 km away from me :(

23 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Stonewars updated it's End of Life list, and looks like some 2021 City are actually surprisingly retiring soon: (and brickset also shows 2021 as end dates).

https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-eol-end-of-life-2021/#lego-city-eol-2021

2021 sets include

60279: Fire Hazard Truck

60285: Sports Car

60286: Beach Rescue ATV

60288: Race Buggy Transporter

60289: Airshow Jet Transporter

60290: Skate Park

60306: Shopping Street

Thats not surprising. Many of the impulse buy and $20 Great Vehicles sets only have a 1 year lifecycle. 

40 minutes ago, Faefrost said:

Thats not surprising. Many of the impulse buy and $20 Great Vehicles sets only have a 1 year lifecycle. 

Edit

I can find a few sets that indeed last 1 year in 2019 (Kayak Adventure  + Desert Rally Racer) and 2020 (Stunt Team + Service Station) , but not 7 in year.

Not that it matters much to me, I think City adding more locations like park, school, beach rescue post is nice, and small sets have to retire to make place for new ones, 2022 also combines fire and police in the main lineup of biggest sets.

Edited by TeriXeri
edit

36 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Edit

I can find a few sets that indeed last 1 year in 2019 (Kayak Adventure  + Desert Rally Racer) and 2020 (Stunt Team + Service Station) , but not 7 in year.

Not that it matters much to me, I think City adding more locations like park, school, beach rescue post is nice, and small sets have to retire to make place for new ones, 2022 also combines fire and police in the main lineup of biggest sets.

Keep in mind they are being replaced with a multimedia linked competitive play theme that just happens to be hidden in a City Subtheme. The Stuntz line. The impulse buy offerings are meant as a short term high turnover product offering. Looking for a pattern in an individual sets lifecycle is the road to madness. Their shelf life is determined more by whay comes next to fill that impulse buy slot. 

42 minutes ago, Faefrost said:

Keep in mind they are being replaced with a multimedia linked competitive play theme that just happens to be hidden in a City Subtheme. The Stuntz line. The impulse buy offerings are meant as a short term high turnover product offering. Looking for a pattern in an individual sets lifecycle is the road to madness. Their shelf life is determined more by whay comes next to fill that impulse buy slot. 

True, Stuntz does have 6 of those "impulse" bikes.

22 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

True, Stuntz does have 6 of those "impulse" bikes.

Well three at the moment until they hunt down enough cardboard to make boxes for the rest. 

2 hours ago, Faefrost said:

Well three at the moment until they hunt down enough cardboard to make boxes for the rest. 

I wonder why Lego can't just put them in bags. Like make them non motorized polybags. That's actually what I thought the deal for the separate bikes was going to be before I saw the prices. 

Edited by Poodabricks

Looks like I'm going to have to wait until I can make time to search Bricklink or go to an actual Lego store. Ebay wants too much for them, the official website has them out of stock, I haven't seen any at my local department store.

Edited by Poodabricks

5 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

Looks like I'm going to have to wait until I can make time to search Bricklink or go to an actual Lego store. Ebay wants too much for them, the official website has them out of stock, I haven't seen any at my local department store.

Nearest shops don't have any but I found them in a store website today

On 10/17/2021 at 7:19 PM, Poodabricks said:

I wonder why Lego can't just put them in bags. Like make them non motorized polybags. That's actually what I thought the deal for the separate bikes was going to be before I saw the prices. 

Most likely because they are set to store planograms over a year before release. And they can’t change the planned shelf/peg layout for Target or Walmart now. 

Oddly enough, I went into a Lego store this last weekend in California and asked to see the Stuntz sets and the Lego Store employees told me they had been recalled, due to the front wheel peg quality. They said all of the display models had broken already. Then, today, the one Stuntz bike that we had gotten at Target broke in the same place the employees said was an issue. This wasafter only a couple of play sessions for my son. Anyway, just our experience. 

Seems to be a single bad batch, since in Europe there have been no reports about breaking pegs.

Edited by AndreMW

On 10/18/2021 at 12:19 AM, Poodabricks said:

TLG are also making a commitment to reduce the amount of plastic they use in packaging, so i think the ‘polybag’ sets may slowly shuffle off, in favour of a smaller box/packet instead.

If the individual bike sets have been recalled in the U.S. that's a serious bummer... I'd been wanting to pick up the Rocket Stunt Bike both for Rocket Racer and to get a feel for what seemed like a really cool little play feature. Yesterday I stopped by a couple of stores while I was out (Kohl's and JoAnn Fabrics) hoping to pick it up if they had it while I was there. Kohl's didn't have any of the new sets and JoAnn's only had one bike left (and not the one I wanted).

Hopefully if there is a recall the defect can be fixed and new copies of the sets can be sent out before too long...

21 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

If the individual bike sets have been recalled in the U.S. that's a serious bummer... I'd been wanting to pick up the Rocket Stunt Bike both for Rocket Racer and to get a feel for what seemed like a really cool little play feature. Yesterday I stopped by a couple of stores while I was out (Kohl's and JoAnn Fabrics) hoping to pick it up if they had it while I was there. Kohl's didn't have any of the new sets and JoAnn's only had one bike left (and not the one I wanted).

Hopefully if there is a recall the defect can be fixed and new copies of the sets can be sent out before too long...

So in North America there are defects on the stunt bikes? 

I just bought 60295 and the motorcycle is completely fine after several testing 

1 hour ago, Powered by Bricks said:

So in North America there are defects on the stunt bikes? 

I just bought 60295 and the motorcycle is completely fine after several testing 

@Brickey34 above says they heard that. It's the first I've heard of it so it could be their source was wrong. But I have no idea. :shrug_confused:

28 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

@Brickey34 above says they heard that. It's the first I've heard of it so it could be their source was wrong. But I have no idea. :shrug_confused:

I haven't followed US Lego.com as I don't shop there, but looking at brickset, which tracks availability dates at shop@home for US, it's a bit odd all the sets were only sold from the 2nd to the 6th of october.

6 sets going "Temporarily out of stock" (as in LEGO stopped selling them temporily) at the same time could explain something was up with the sets in the region.

They are still sold In Europe.

Edited by TeriXeri

Do you think 60262 (Passenger Airplane) is going to retire this year? I'd like to get one more set of it for keep but I don't want to get it recently because I don't have space to store it.

5 hours ago, ks6349 said:

Do you think 60262 (Passenger Airplane) is going to retire this year? I'd like to get one more set of it for keep but I don't want to get it recently because I don't have space to store it.

It's pretty clearly retiring right now. It's out of stock at shop.lego.com, and is on the Clearance Shelves at the Lego stores near me. I snagged one for $80. 

5 hours ago, Faefrost said:

It's pretty clearly retiring right now. It's out of stock at shop.lego.com, and is on the Clearance Shelves at the Lego stores near me. I snagged one for $80. 

really?! thanks for this great line of information!

sorry, but does date or year of retirement differ among different countries? Because I don't see any sign of this set retiring here (I very often check prices and availability of Lego sets that I am interested)

Edited by ks6349

60262 (Passenger Airplane) isn't listed as Retiring on the European LEGO.com , neither is it out of stock / sold out.

21 other City sets however are listed as retiring, and 60262 (Passenger Airplane) isn't one of them, so I don't actually expect 60262 (Passenger Airplane) to be Retiring this year .

Edited by TeriXeri

On 10/21/2021 at 8:51 PM, TeriXeri said:

60262 (Passenger Airplane) isn't listed as Retiring on the European LEGO.com , neither is it out of stock / sold out.

21 other City sets however are listed as retiring, and 60262 (Passenger Airplane) isn't one of them, so I don't actually expect 60262 (Passenger Airplane) to be Retiring this year .

listed as retiring? What is the url? I'd like to look into it