Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

42 minutes ago, dimitri_bricks said:

It's ok I understand now, my bad too.

In all honesty, I don't see a classic hospital being released anytime soon as Lego has a six year plan for those. The last one was released in 2018. So if we were to do the math, that would mean that the next one would be released in 2024. Seriously Lego? Hospitals should get three year rotation in my opinion. Like Police Precincts and Fire Departments. 

Edited by Poodabricks

12 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

In all honesty, I don't see a classic hospital being released anytime soon as Lego has a six year plan for those. The last one was released in 2018. So if we were to do the math, that would mean that the next one would be released in 2024. Seriously Lego? Hospitals should get three year rotation in my opinion. Like Police Precincts and Fire Departments. 

Friends got 2 hospitals in 3 years between (2017 and 2020), and City got a Hospital in 2018 and in 2019 the ski resort had a building dedicated to medical, so I don't think the 6 year period is really set in stone anymore.

I think if there still will be more City sets this year, they will appear seperately out of nowhere like the Main Square did, and those Elite Police sets last year, maybe they'll show it at LEGO-Con, and not just the Stuntz sets.

Or maybe they will be part of the Winter 2022 wave as in Europe those sets usually release around December 26 which would make the Advent microscales still relevant too.

Also this came out this year

952105-1.jpg?202105060733

Edited by TeriXeri

5 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

I didn't like last year calendar, but if they will use microscales of old sets, I think they end up even weaker, unless people actively follow LEGO sets history, it's weird to put in 3-4 old sets that have been retired for over a year.

Last year, and 2018 used microscale of sets from the same year.

I prefer small but useful builds like the 2019 calendar instead of microscales, maybe the Friends Calendar will have that.

I think 2018 calendar was a cool stuff since it didn’t have any microscales. But yeah, I agree with you, I do prefer small &useful builds over microscales. 

I mean, I have 2020 Harry Potter advent calendar and a few microscales  are nice but I would love to see more small & useful builds. 

It would be neat if advent calendar could include small animal molds. 

6 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I think 2018 calendar was a cool stuff since it didn’t have any microscales. But yeah, I agree with you, I do prefer small &useful builds over microscales. 

I mean, I have 2020 Harry Potter advent calendar and a few microscales  are nice but I would love to see more small & useful builds. 

It would be neat if advent calendar could include small animal molds. 

I definitely prefer useful builds too, my favourite was 2011 when over four days across the month you built a whole winter police station, microscale suits Star Wars well, as it is an opportunity for vehicles which don’t normally get sets, and as a primarily vehicle based theme it works well for Star Wars, but city is much more than vehicles, and there is more opportunity to incorporate Christmas elements and builds, which microscale cannot achieve as well

With what I saw this recent years, the new sets are often based in the new Lego City Adventures show, the main square was very similar to some of the buildings in the show, I saw the new season teaser and I think we could get a stadium, it could be this year's D2C set, just a theory 

23 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

With what I saw this recent years, the new sets are often based in the new Lego City Adventures show, the main square was very similar to some of the buildings in the show, I saw the new season teaser and I think we could get a stadium, it could be this year's D2C set, just a theory 

Speaking of stadium, I’m not very very sure if it’s just a coindience? I mean, we probably will have Tokyo Olympics next month. 

For example, we did get Rugby Player in CMF Series 19 and there was rugby world tourament in Japan back in 2019. 

11 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Speaking of stadium, I’m not very very sure if it’s just a coindience? I mean, we probably will have Tokyo Olympics next month. 

For example, we did get Rugby Player in CMF Series 19 and there was rugby world tourament in Japan back in 2019. 

http://imgur.com/gallery/GNWWdNs

It could be like this 

City had a Soccer Sticker in the 2020 Service station, and a Stadium Comic with the 2019 Lawnmower (magazine).

Also consider if things go as planned, there will be 2 Olympics (Tokyo 2021 Summer / Beijing 2022 Winter)  and 2 Soccer (Euro 2021 , World Cup Qatar 2022) in the span of about 1.5 years.

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, Poodabricks said:

Possible Sports subtheme anyone?

I am in favor for Sports subtheme but I don’t know if it’s more likely?

Also, I won’t expect to see a crook playing a soccer!

2 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Possible Sports subtheme anyone?

‘Sports Police’ subtheme 😜

16 minutes ago, williejm said:

....No, thanks. I prefer normal Sports subtheme. :) 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

27 minutes ago, williejm said:

Neh. We'll pass. 👎

Edited by Poodabricks

That 3314 set was so weird, from the Shell limited sets , clearly based on the Dutch Mobiele Eenheid "ME" police at the time, with the helmets,  round shields and blue vans.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 5/6/2021 at 12:23 AM, Powered by Bricks said:

I bought it on a supermarket,those deals aren't really good but I thought to myself:Why not? 

And the best deals here are just for 10€ sets or 80 to 200€

Nice set! 

As I said before I'm getting the 7498 police station, I'm picking it from a person that lives nearby

When you are buying up to hundreds of Lego sets you will care about price.

I am waiting for promotion discount, not the best time to get new City sets now. Here they often have 20% off and then 10% off discount for Lego

On 6/7/2021 at 9:33 PM, Powered by Bricks said:

https://images.app.goo.gl/ekqPA6aD4DbvB1FV9

We did get Soccer Police so it might happen 

Not sure when that was released, but it probably reflected the notion that there was a fair bit of violence at football matches in the 80s and 90s.

41 minutes ago, jus1973 said:

Not sure when that was released, but it probably reflected the notion that there was a fair bit of violence at football matches in the 80s and 90s.

It was released in 1998,it's a bit weird to me, when I was younger I would usually saw football games and I'm 100% sure that we didn't have a "football police", I don't know if it's normal or not in other countries but here, nah! 

42 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

It was released in 1998,it's a bit weird to me, when I was younger I would usually saw football games and I'm 100% sure that we didn't have a "football police", I don't know if it's normal or not in other countries but here, nah! 

There is no specific football police here, but rather anti riot police, football just happens to be one of those sports where riots between clubs/cities weren't a rare sight and riot police was used.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_hooliganism 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riot_police

Edited by TeriXeri

9 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

There is no specific football police here, but rather anti riot police, football just happens to be one of those sports where riots between clubs/cities weren't a rare sight and riot police was used.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_hooliganism 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riot_police

OH,we have Riot police here,but we don't have riots that much,I think elite police is the same

8 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

OH,we have Riot police here,but we don't have riots that much,I think elite police is the same

I think the LEGO set is mostly pointing to  the Football riots in England or Netherlands , Shell is a British/Dutch company, and the minifig drawn on the box also point to England/Dutch national team :

It also was a limited set, I don't think LEGO would make regular set like that now.

Netherlands (orange shirt and KNVB logo)

3314-1.png

England (england flag on shirt)

3314-1.png

Edited by TeriXeri

I think Sports subtheme sounds really nice for city layout. I do remember seeing soccer (football in Europe) sets back in early 2000s. I thought it was really cool to see! 

Since we will have Tokyo Olympics in July and we will have World Cup in Qatar in 2022. And I think we have Beijing Olympics in winter of 2022. It may make sense that we would have D2C stadium set next year. But we do have a Creator Expert statism for Manchester team last year or two. 

Sports subtheme may be more diverse (basil, American football, hockey, rugby, diving, etc).