Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

14 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Just bought the prisoner transport for 15€

FINALLY my first 2021 city set

Today I'm also picking up the 7498 police station 

There was two days super deal here in my country for prisoner transport it was only approx. 7€ something but it really needs a lot of luck and mess to get this price

Just a moment ago, I bought 10001 Metroliner.

The animals of the Wildlife Rescue sets are sweet. The color scheme is ok, it looks better than on the early leaked pictures, but I still think that tan/red is not the best combination (though not horrible neither). The vegetation and vehicle builds are lacking the magnificence that for example the Jungle Explorer sets had. 

55 minutes ago, ks6349 said:

There was two days super deal here in my country for prisoner transport it was only approx. 7€ something but it really needs a lot of luck and mess to get this price

I bought it on a supermarket,those deals aren't really good but I thought to myself:Why not? 

And the best deals here are just for 10€ sets or 80 to 200€

53 minutes ago, LCP said:

Nice set! 

As I said before I'm getting the 7498 police station, I'm picking it from a person that lives nearby

26 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

I bought it on a supermarket,those deals aren't really good but I thought to myself:Why not? 

And the best deals here are just for 10€ sets or 80 to 200€

Nice set! 

As I said before I'm getting the 7498 police station, I'm picking it from a person that lives nearby

When you are buying up to hundreds of Lego sets you will care about price.

The best of the best deal I've got recently is 60290 Skate Park for USD 44 (3 sets)

5 minutes ago, ks6349 said:

When you are buying up to hundreds of Lego sets you will care about price.

The best of the best deal I've got recently is 60290 Skate Park for USD 44 (3 sets)

I have to say, that deal is great :pir-thumb:

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I love the new print on the “Eagle” mold in the biggest Wildlife set!

It really is quite something, and quite unexpected 

55 minutes ago, williejm said:

It really is quite something, and quite unexpected 

Oh indeed! I am surprised they waited so long to reuse it.

On 5/4/2021 at 10:17 AM, LCP said:

Nice! I could use a lawn mower in my city. 

5 hours ago, LCP said:

Nice! I'm currently upset at Ebay. I just ordered an ocean exploration ship and a month ago, I ordered the main square set. The latter was shipped to the wrong address and the former hasn't even shown up yet. I may just have to find them myself. 

12 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

Nice! I could use a lawn mower in my city. 

Nice! I'm currently upset at Ebay. I just ordered an ocean exploration ship and a month ago, I ordered the main square set. The latter was shipped to the wrong address and the former hasn't even shown up yet. I may just have to find them myself. 

Funny, today I got the Clemmons quad foil pack, the 2011 police station and the 2021 prisoner transport I'm currently building, I also got the exploration ship for 100€,but at least, I didn't have any problems 

22 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Funny, today I got the Clemmons quad foil pack, the 2011 police station and the 2021 prisoner transport I'm currently building, I also got the exploration ship for 100€,but at least, I didn't have any problems 

You're lucky. 

10 hours ago, legotownlinz said:

The animals of the Wildlife Rescue sets are sweet. The color scheme is ok, it looks better than on the early leaked pictures, but I still think that tan/red is not the best combination (though not horrible neither). The vegetation and vehicle builds are lacking the magnificence that for example the Jungle Explorer sets had. 

Yeah these were phoned in. They are fine but LEGO is like 'Screw it. People will buy whatever crap we make if we throw in enough animals" and they are right.

I wish they were more like the jungle sets.

12 hours ago, Maple said:

Yeah these were phoned in. They are fine but LEGO is like 'Screw it. People will buy whatever crap we make if we throw in enough animals" and they are right.

I wish they were more like the jungle sets.

I am with you too. Jungle just looked so much better.

The vehicles are just lame. If we do not count the 4+ set we have:

The standard City ATV

The standard City helicopter

A way to stubby tracked vehicle

An Unimog, that would be interesting if it weren't for the boxiest of boxes on its back.

The ultra light plane actually looks nice to be fair.

What I think is weird is the ammount of "base plate" there is. Basically all the sets have way to much plates directly on the ground for what actually is built on them. Especially the elefant set, which looks like more than half of it is just plates.

Yeah, I don’t really agree with any of the complaints. 
The new animals are simply amazing, and the amount of them in the sets way exceed anything the jungle theme brought. The inclusion of more animals leads these to be more ‘kid friendly’ and hence targeted at lower age groups, which in turn means simpler vehicles. As to the scenery - folks do know this is the African Savannah, right? It’s a bit different from a jungle, so standalone trees, Rocky outcrops and waterholes are all legitimate and accurate. Yes they have chosen a simplistic style on the trees, but it’s a pretty good approximation of a simplified acacia tree imho. Lastly the sets also include a bunch of green and blue bases which are also very useful for landscape building.

Bravo to Lego for this wave. 10/10 from me. 

3 hours ago, williejm said:

The new animals are simply amazing, and the amount of them in the sets way exceed anything the jungle theme brought. The inclusion of more animals leads these to be more ‘kid friendly’ and hence targeted at lower age groups, which in turn means simpler vehicles. As to the scenery - folks do know this is the African Savannah, right? It’s a bit different from a jungle, so standalone trees, Rocky outcrops and waterholes are all legitimate and accurate. Yes they have chosen a simplistic style on the trees, but it’s a pretty good approximation of a simplified acacia tree imho. Lastly the sets also include a bunch of green and blue bases which are also very useful for landscape building.

The background of the box artwork shows what the trees should look like but what's included in the set looks like a first clumsy unaestetic attempt to design an acadia tree. Nearly everybody could build a tree of similar quality.

13 minutes ago, legotownlinz said:

The background of the box artwork shows what the trees should look like but what's included in the set looks like a first clumsy unaestetic attempt to design an acadia tree. Nearly everybody could build a tree of similar quality.

While all sets have Acacia in the box art , I think the wider Trees (especially the ones in the Wildlife Camp set) are supposed to represent Baobab, which are very rounded and straight, and some very wide short ones exist as well.

p05fzt3m.jpg

The 4+ set trees are probably acacia but it's a 4+ set so they use simple parts.

Edited by TeriXeri

The nice thing about these sets are the animals, the rest is pretty basic, to say it nicely. It's pretty obvious that it's just about the animals and you pretty much don't get anything else. Pricing is insane, a 10€, a 45€ 4+ set and a 90€ and 100€ set? It's clearly designed for people who want the animals, so you have to pay premium and there are no real intermediate sets...

60307 is supposed to be an Animal Rescue Camp, where the hell is the camp? The treehouse-lookout? I expected a makeshift outdoor vet practice, maybe with an operating table, a crane to lift up animals, something along those lines, not some rudimentary trees, a tiny creek, a cave and dudes sitting on a watchtower-tree that the lions could easily climb. Looks more like a safari scene than a rescue scene.

I would have put the ultralight plane from 60307 with a tree and the eagle plus the nest and the egg in the 10€ box instead of the ubiquitous ATV.

The Unimog from 60307 with a vet and a driver plus 2 smaller injured animals as a 20-30€ set (because animals cost a premium), serving as an animal ambulance.

60302: Helicopter plus elephants and croc and the the rubber boat and drop the price to 50€ instead of 90€.

60301 can stay as is, but should be at least 5€ cheaper.

And as I wrote above 60307 should have been a real base camp, with the lab from 60302, a vet practice, the ATV, the tracked vehicle, a crane, a number of animals, supplies etc.

Shame the sets are designed to be just a cash grab and not a good product.

6 hours ago, williejm said:

I agree! That's why I'm getting all of the Wildlife sets and putting them together to make a wildlife reserve. Could definitely use those animals. I don't see what the deal is with people. 

6 hours ago, williejm said:

I 100% agree. 

I have no complaints against it. I am in love with Wildlife Rescue sets. So I will plan to get some of these sets to build a wildlife reserve for my photography. And I’m pleased that Wildlife Rescue sets could inspire a younger generation to be animal lovers, zookeepers, conservationists or vets or whatever you name it. The sets are definitely perfect. 

Hat off to Lego! 10/10 fro me too.

”I speak of Africa and golden joys” - Theodore Roosevelt

17 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

I agree! That's why I'm getting all of the Wildlife sets and putting them together to make a wildlife reserve. Could definitely use those animals. I don't see what the deal is with people. 

I agree. I find myself rolling my eyes at some people’ complaints. I don’t know what’s up with these people...

25 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

And I’m pleased that Wildlife Rescue sets could inspire a younger generation to be animal lovers, zookeepers, conservationists or vets or whatever you name it. The sets are definitely perfect. 

These sets will inspire children to become truck drivers, pilots and motorcyclists. Most of the parts are dedicated to vehicles, not wildlife. Lots of vehicles between the last few dying trees. :grin:

33 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I agree. I find myself rolling my eyes at some people’ complaints. I don’t know what’s up with these people...

These sets are not perfect. The animals deserve a 10/10, but not the entire set. Pricing and the vegetation builds are far below 10/10.

I must say I really like the Wildlife Rescue theme.  I have wanted "circus and zoo" animals for many years now.  Thankfully the vehicle color scheme is really nice.  It will be really easy to leave the rescue logo stickers off and just use them as a generic cargo company or something.  I would go so far as to say it is my favorite color schemes of the various "exploration" City sub-themes because it can so easily be used for normal vehicles.  Tan is surprisingly rare in City vehicles.

2 hours ago, rzmpf said:

60307 is supposed to be an Animal Rescue Camp, where the hell is the camp? The treehouse-lookout? I expected a makeshift outdoor vet practice, maybe with an operating table, a crane to lift up animals, something along those lines, not some rudimentary trees, a tiny creek, a cave and dudes sitting on a watchtower-tree that the lions could easily climb. Looks more like a safari scene than a rescue scene.

It's funny your complaints about that set are all the things I like about the set.  I am glad the "base-camp" is so minimal that I can easily MOD it out completely.  The focus on terrain is very welcome to me.  I think the terrain is done quite well for a 6+ set.  Sure I would have preferred a 10+ detailed set like The Legendary Flower Fruit Mountain, but for a simpler 6+ set it's good.

36 minutes ago, Lord Insanity said:

I must say I really like the Wildlife Rescue theme.  I have wanted "circus and zoo" animals for many years now.  Thankfully the vehicle color scheme is really nice.  It will be really easy to leave the rescue logo stickers off and just use them as a generic cargo company or something.  I would go so far as to say it is my favorite color schemes of the various "exploration" City sub-themes because it can so easily be used for normal vehicles.  Tan is surprisingly rare in City vehicles.

It's funny your complaints about that set are all the things I like about the set.  I am glad the "base-camp" is so minimal that I can easily MOD it out completely.  The focus on terrain is very welcome to me.  I think the terrain is done quite well for a 6+ set.  Sure I would have preferred a 10+ detailed set like The Legendary Flower Fruit Mountain, but for a simpler 6+ set it's good.

Yes, people expect to nuch from city. After all its not meant for afols its designed for kids, and kids like rescue and simpler sets.

2 hours ago, legotownlinz said:

These sets are not perfect. The animals deserve a 10/10, but not the entire set. Pricing and the vegetation builds are far below 10/10.

Eh, I don’t know which set (singular) you are talking about but this does not stop me from buying some of these sets. 

I mean vechiles’ color schemes are neat. Green and blue bases are quite useful. Some vegetation that I could or my photography. And these amazing animals.  In my opinion, they are perfect for me. And I didn’t expect too much. :)