Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Yes it comes with one monkey :wink:

I have to say - it’s pretty intersting that the polybag comes with monkey instead of lion cub since the smallest set comes with two monkeys. 

Well, the more monkeys, the merrier we are!

Such an awesome set. So happy with the level of detail in the new animals and the amazing reprints. Also - new braided black hair piece!

This is the first City "Adventure" theme that has a color scheme I like -- thankfully the vehicles aren't lime green/school bus yellow/orange!

But...where are the non-junior-ized sets in this theme? Not a one?

Edited by danth

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

I can’t wait for Wildlife Rescue set! And I will grab some sheep from Mickey farm set! And barn owl from Harry Potter too!

YASSSSSSSSSS

Finally got to see pictures of the biggest Wildlife set.  Had no idea that was where the White Lion was from.  I could be happy with just this one but I  may have to get the smaller Lion & Elephant ones two.  Between those three I don't feel the need to get the monkey one as there are plenty of them in all the other sets.

That vulture is beautiful :wub_drool:

3 hours ago, williejm said:

Also - new braided black hair piece!

It's from the upcoming Eternals sets :wink:

10 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

That vulture is beautiful :wub_drool:

I actually think it's a Bateleur Eagle instead of a Vulture.

Edited by TeriXeri

Just now, TeriXeri said:

I actually think it's a Bateleur Eagle instead of a Vulture : 

That would make sense as well. Regardless it's a beautiful new print! 

1 minute ago, lego_guyon02 said:

That would make sense as well. Regardless it's a beautiful new print! 

True, didn't see someone already brought it up in the other Animals thread.

I'm really excited for this wildlife theme! The sets look so good!

35 minutes ago, Xico26 said:

I'm really excited for this wildlife theme! The sets look so good!

They are so friendly and peaceful :wub:

I have to say I’m quite impressed with the new wildlife sets and the big one (Basecamp) is awesome!  Its what I would call LEGO being generous, like wow 8 animals with all of them new/updated for 2021! Totally cool! Will definitely consider buying it! :snicker:

11 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

It's from the upcoming Eternals sets :wink:

I knew it could not be made from the City budget since they spent all their money on the animals, if it had I would have been disappointed that they wasted budget on a hair mould instead of including another animal :tongue:

14 hours ago, danth said:

But...where are the non-junior-ized sets in this theme? Not a one?

That is how City sets are the last few years, 4+,5+ or 6+ I assume they sell best in that age group, as long as we get all the animals I do not care at all :shrug_oh_well:

Just one more thought about 60308... I really don't understand why instead releasing some new ambulance vehicle for 19 or even 29€, TLG creates another silly police or fire set (combo in this case). I bet this would be high seller like this year tractor. 

17 minutes ago, fo4saken said:

Just one more thought about 60308... I really don't understand why instead releasing some new ambulance vehicle for 19 or even 29€, TLG creates another silly police or fire set (combo in this case). I bet this would be high seller like this year tractor. 

The only explanation would probably be that LEGO probably wanted another fire boat set as the last one retired, and the 2019 Fire station is still in production and also depicted as being on the waterside + has a jetski, and I think they chose a Police building because they just released a smaller police boat + trailer set late last year + a bigger boat this year.

I personally don't think the timing is right either for a full-on hospital medical set / theme , but that's me, on the other hand, the syringe piece is quite actual with Vaccinations, so a smaller Doctor type set could still work.

That said, Ski Resort just retired late last year, so maybe 2022 (As early as December 2021) has more medical again when hopefully more opens up, also medical theme hasn't been forgotten as there's a  (re-used) medical figure + patient in an upcoming City magazine.

Edited by TeriXeri

1 minute ago, LCP said:

I have this product, too.
But the cars in the foil pack next month seem to have different uses.

I got it too! 

Now they're doing remakes of the past foil packs 

4 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

I got it too! 

Now they're doing remakes of the past foil packs 

I feel that way.
Looking at the foil packs that came out this year, most of them are similar in composition to those that came out in the past.

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

That is how City sets are the last few years, 4+,5+ or 6+ I assume they sell best in that age group, as long as we get all the animals I do not care at all :shrug_oh_well:

Dang. I was remembering the recent Jungle, Volcano, and Arctic explorer themes which all had some very cool sets. But yeah, those are all 2018 or before.

Just bought the prisoner transport for 15€

FINALLY my first 2021 city set

Today I'm also picking up the 7498 police station 

Edited by Powered by Bricks