Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

Why is it so difficult for LEGO to depict the real world we live in? I don't care about all those action packed sets (and couldn't care for them as a kid). 

Seems I am in the minority here as I hate these new monkey-pieces. No way to pose them and they resemble fiddler crabs with their giant right paw.

10 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

monkey molds can do basically nothing. I would really like a better monkey piece, but with the minifigure arms-system or even some other way. It's really sad! Those old monkey would be perfect, if not for the aged head-forms!

Agreed, it would be better if they upgraded the old monkey, but that might have been to expensive...

Like the mid of 2020, two new city sets of the same theme, one 4+ and one isn't,  I was surprised last year because I waited for aircraft thing for so now but this year's wildlife is even more surprising. The wildlife set with two elephants while the small set also gives us two monkey which is of a great value

According to Promobricks, the stunt show theme will be released on October 1.

47 minutes ago, LCP said:

Thats disappointing. I wasn't planning on getting the motorcycles but I do want to get 60294 and 60295.

1 hour ago, LCP said:

I'm fine with that. Maybe TLG took too much for the shoulders and they need more time to produce some parts for stunt sets.

On 5/2/2021 at 6:49 AM, *thomas* said:

Why is it so difficult for LEGO to depict the real world we live in? I don't care about all those action packed sets (and couldn't care for them as a kid). 

We can keep saying its sales data. But I also think it has to do with what is easiest to market without breaking the rules. As a public transit worker, which is a vital city service, I personally would like to see more sets, if not a subtheme, about public transportation. But I also realize that it may not be as easy to market as me and some other people on here may think as it would also require putting buildings for the buses and trains to go. 

We know that it's easier to pack in a vehicle to chase or a burning structure in a set centered around services like the police or fire brigade. So it's easy for them to put those together and throw those onto the shelves for kids to play. 

As far as the explorers sets are concerned, the theme is mostly about realistic action that most kids don't get to see on a daily basis by just walking out of their door and the explorers subthemes are still portraying that. It kinda annoys me too that Lego saw fit to make a theme about City life emphasize that so much. But tbh, I kinda like the wildlife rescue sets and the initial versions of a lot of these subthemes, which came out during the dark age (i.e. Arctic, Divers, Space, Extreme  Team) were actually subsidiaries of the Town theme. I think Lego is trying to bring those back so that kids of Gen Z can enjoy them like most millennials like myself did when we were little lads. 

Edited by Poodabricks

A better picture of 60308 and 60307 have been revealed. Look on #legoleaks on instagram if you want to see.

New Police  / Fire set with a small seaside police Lighthouse/Prison Dock, and a villain boat and some flames.

Floating Helicopter / Lighthouse set is quite similar to the late 2020 set :shrug_confused:

60307 has a large tree house base, large truck, a tree, river, small boat and plane and multiple animals

1 minute ago, toopizza13 said:

60307 has a large tree house base, large truck, a tree, river, small boat and plane and multiple animals

8 animals by my count (🐘🐒🐒🦁🦁🦁🦁🦅) - quite a set!

I actually like 60308, I think I'll get it and put it on my beach, the wildlife sets are immediate buys for me they are very good.

9 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

New Police  / Fire set with a small seaside police Lighthouse/Prison Dock, and a villain boat and some flames.

Floating Helicopter / Lighthouse set is quite similar to the late 2020 set :shrug_confused:

At least, it's not a elite police set, I think it might be some kind of add-on to the police boat, it's a bit weird to see a police station as a summer but it's fine to me, we finally have a normal police helicopter instead of a flying one(like 60248 and 60244)

The Wildlife Base, WOW!  it's amazing! Good looking set with a big truck, a bunch of animals, a bigger research station/base, a.... a plane*huh*, a motorcycle and a small boat, I think I'm going to buy every single set from wildlife, that police station, and some stunt sets(can't wait to see them!) 

9 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

At least, it's not a elite police set, I think it might be some kind of add-on to the police boat, it's a bit weird to see a police station as a summer but it's fine to me, we finally have a normal police helicopter instead of a flying one(like 60248 and 60244)

The 2021 Boat, makes sense to add a dockside Police station.

In terms of Fire sets, 60213: Dock Side Fire 60213-1.jpg?201811301044 retired, so another Fire Boat in that new set , to go with the still current 60215: Fire Station (which has a dock as well) also kinda makes sense.

Edited by TeriXeri

2 minutes ago, toopizza13 said:

2021 is definitely the best year for city in a long time. That polybag is really nice.

It definitely is! 

Way better than the 2020 scuba scooter polybag 

60307 made me 'wow'. Now, that is going to be a dilemma, rescue 60302 or camp 60307 :wall:

1 minute ago, LCP said:

Albino lion!

No they have red eyes, it is:
"The white lion is a rare color mutation of the lion, specifically the Southern African lion"

3 minutes ago, LCP said:

Albino lion!

I think it is a reference to Kimba the white lion (the story that inspired Disney's The Lion King, kind of funny that Disney was so lazy that they only changed one letter Kimba -> Simba)