Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

Are we getting more than just these 3 sets for the animal subtheme? Whats the official name of this subtheme anyways? 

60300 - cute little jeep nice way to get a monkey

60301 - I almost complained about this simplicity of the build until I saw it was 4+. Depending on the price I may just BrickLink the lion and cub the build does not intrigue me, but it may be cheaper in the end to just buy the set we’ll see. Love that new snake print

60302 - whats the white thing in the bushes by the alligator? Is that a baboon mould? It seems there is another animal by the water. Little shed is my favorite side build and the baby elephant is adorable. I agree with a comment I saw about how Lego would have done good to mold the elephants like they did for the orient expedition sets. Back in the 80’s/90’s Lego  made elephants with poseable heads, trunks, and it seems the legs may have even been poseable. Even if it was just the head and trunk I wish they carried that over here. The elephants are adequate but I think more could have been done with the idea.

Edited by cosmic

just got three sets of 60290 skate park for a total of usd 44. was it a steal?

wow, new city sets for the summer have been announced ? three sets a total?

wow 60302 a great set ! 

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Keep up the good work design-team City, what about a farm next year 

Or better yet, a pet store. 

I love the new animal molds. I've been wanting LEGO to do a Safari/Conservation theme for a long time and this looks to be the closest we're going to get. It's unfortunate that the elephant isn't more poseable but it and the baby looks great. The Lion and cub look excellent and I like the new monkey mold, it has a lot more going for it than I initially thought. I love the new printing on the snake and the gator cracking out of its egg. When I saw that piece leak I thought it was for the Jurassic World theme but it works well for either an alligator or a dinosaur. Hopefully we get more sets in this subtheme, we need a giraffe, rhino, hippo, hyena, etc.

Apparently I'm one of the few, who's utterly disappointed with the upcoming Wildlife sets. The elephants look indeed splendid and the lions are ok, but the rest is really lacking. The vehicles are "megablocky", most minifigs look boring and the ranger station is just a shack, nothing more. But worst of all are the colors, they don't match with a Safari theme somehow. If Lego thinks that last years https://brickset.com/sets/60267-1/Safari-Off-Roader was to conventional, so be it, but still the vehicles should be bright and colorful, something that resembles the vibrant atmosphere of Africa and what could inspire kids' imagination. Here I'm doubtful, the Jungle subtheme from 2017 was much, much better.

What a shame!

Edited by brimbolet

1 hour ago, brimbolet said:

Apparently I'm one of the few, who's utterly disappointed with the upcoming Wildlife sets. The elephants look indeed splendid and the lions are ok, but the rest is really lacking. The vehicles are "megablocky", most minifigs look boring and the ranger station is just a shack, nothing more. But worst of all are the colors, they don't match with a Safari theme somehow. If Lego thinks that last years https://brickset.com/sets/60267-1/Safari-Off-Roader was to conventional, so be it, but still the vehicles should be bright and colorful, something that resembles the vibrant atmosphere of Africa and what could inspire kids' imagination. Here I'm doubtful, the Jungle subtheme from 2017 was much, much better.

What a shame!

Keep in mind, this is for 6-year-olds... :wink:

2 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Hopefully we get more sets in this subtheme, we need a giraffe, rhino, hippo, hyena, etc.

I'm not sure about a hyena, but those others sound great! 

5 hours ago, cosmic said:

60302 - whats the white thing in the bushes by the alligator? Is that a baboon mould? It seems there is another animal by the water.

It's two eggs, one upright and one on it's side. The upright one has the reptilian eye print that leaked awhile ago.

19 minutes ago, caiman0637 said:

I'm not sure about a hyena, but those others sound great! 

I'd love to see Lego make a hyena. Then Harley Quinn could be reunited with her 'babies'.

2 hours ago, brimbolet said:

What a shame!

I agree I like the terrain and animals, but the vehicles are just meh, I don't like those prefab aircraft/helicopter cockpit parts.

The Monkey Set is fine as its just a quad.

Uh, I don’t understand why some of EB members kinda complain about 4+ set? What’s wrongwith it? I mean it has a maned lion and his lion cub and that python...

3 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Hopefully we get more sets in this subtheme, we need a giraffe, rhino, hippo, hyena, etc.

Don't forget a Zebra, LEGO has done printed horses before so a Zebra should be possible.

Just now, DBlegonerd7 said:

Uh, I don’t understand why some of EB members kinda complain about 4+ set? What’s wrongwith it? I mean it has a maned lion and his lion cub and that python...

I think it's the premade 4+ large vehicle chassis piece with the attached fenders, lacking customization options.

And perhaps the price to volume, seems a bit expensive if it's €50, but nothing wrong with the animals or terrain imo.

"I sing of Africa and golden joys..." -Theodore Roosevelt

The set with the male lion might just be the first City set I actually buy. The adult elephant is a bit of a letdown - I think the 2003 Adventurers version was superior.  But the calf is nice.

I believe this now makes 3 of the Big 5 (the jaguar can pass as a leopard); now we just need a rhino and a cape buffalo to have a proper safari!

11 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Don't forget a Zebra, LEGO has done printed horses before so a Zebra should be possible.

I think it's the premade 4+ large vehicle chassis piece with the attached fenders, lacking customization options.

And perhaps the price to volume, seems a bit expensive if it's €50, but nothing wrong with the animals or terrain imo.

Gotcha!

I agree. I really like these animals and terrains. It’s why I am excited about!

I never buy City so only here to comment as someone who grew up with the adventures sets:

Lion + cub are perfect! That lion is just soo good! Even the "bigger" looking body (If I look right) is cool. Also I think it maintains all posability which can be possible and is useful.

...which brings me to the issues: as it is LEGO there should probably be more posability and more ways to modify/change then standard action figures or whatever.

...but instead that elephant and monkey molds can do basically nothing. I would really like a better monkey piece, but with the minifigure arms-system or even some other way. It's really sad! Those old monkey would be perfect, if not for the aged head-forms! I'm really sorry, so many new animal molds are comming with no way to play/pose them. The cool thing about elephants was to make them stand up and more the heady, and so on.....

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

Right! A gazelle would be great too and would only require a slight remold of the deer piece. The soft antlers are inserted as a seperate injection during production anyway. There are at least a hundred new animals they could do. Hopefully they realize the potential.

My complaint is kess with the builds and more the new moulds. I think for the age range these huilds are appropriate and fine. I remember strongly disliking certain city sets at certain points and these sets don’t inspire that type of disappointment. I do however wish the elephant could pose its head and trunk and even wish the legs were posesble. Same with big figures, I wish Lego started to innovate ways to allow motion for larger moulds. For example instead of one stsndard big fig body mold, its just the torso, so legs and head can be customize able. With peg holes similir to the existing arm sockets. I think the same basic body mould and arm and leg attachments can be made for larger animals which would potentiallly result in elephants with brick built legs. Or lions as just the body mold and the legs are attached seperately either as new pieces or again brick built. Its just an idea but the stiffness of the design is what really dulls the reveal for me.

3 hours ago, The Brick Rat said:

It's two eggs, one upright and one on it's side. The upright one has the reptilian eye print that leaked awhile ago.

I'd love to see Lego make a hyena. Then Harley Quinn could be reunited with her 'babies'.

Oh darn I was hoping for a baboon. The eye detail seems fun however. 

I agree we need hyenas, hope they’re laughing and it‘d be wonderful if Lego could recreate the Worgs from LoTR type of mold so the mouths csn open forthe hyena. 

14 minutes ago, cosmic said:

My complaint is kess with the builds and more the new moulds. I think for the age range these huilds are appropriate and fine. I remember strongly disliking certain city sets at certain points and these sets don’t inspire that type of disappointment. I do however wish the elephant could pose its head and trunk and even wish the legs were posesble.

The head and trunk are presumably able to rotate, same as the ones from the mammoth in the Arctic sets a few years ago. But I agree that hinged back legs like the big cat, bear, and horse molds would have been nice to see as well.

Say, I’m not very sure if adult elephant’s legs are movable? But is it better than Mammoth from City’s recent Artic subtheme?

Those new animal molds look fantastic! Really loving the monkey, lion and elephant figures. The new colors on the snake and crocodile look great as well.

Hopefully these aren't the only sets in the theme as it would be great to see some additional wildlife animals.

So a new image popped up; apparently it’s not enough to have Police and Fire themes dominating City anymore, now they have to work together. It’s some kind of police lighthouse base with a criminal’s boat that catches on fire, and both a fire boat and a police helicopter go to rescue/imprison him. 

Wow. This feels like a new low, though I can’t entirely put my finger on why.

11 hours ago, cosmic said:

Are we getting more than just these 3 sets for the animal subtheme? Whats the official name of this subtheme anyways?

9 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

There is a big limited set and a polybag coming and you can argue that last years safari car is part of this theme however I would not hold my breath for new molds in those set :shrug_oh_well:

5 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Yes it most be the best 4+ set ever with all those animals :grin: