Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

12 hours ago, Xico26 said:

Hello guys! Hope you still remember me, because I haven't been here for a loooong time

So, how's everyone doing? And what happened since my last visit (maybe in February?)

Thanks!

Ayyyy! Whaddup buddy?

The good news is that Wildlife Rescue may be revealed soon. The crooks hideout set? Well...that's the bad news. Its been cancelled.  

Edited by Poodabricks

7 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

The good news is that Wildlife Rescue may be revealed soon. The crooks hideout set? Well...that's the bad news. Its be cancelled.  

I can’t wait!! I could use some new cool animal figures for Jumnaji!

16 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Oh sorry, you wrote StoneWars and I read it as Promobricks :wacko:

Thanks for the link!

It's okay. I also often confuse information from these two sites.

And this is new model of chicken stunt motorbike's minifigure torso.

https://www.instagram.com/p/COR8X1uJmKd/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

20 hours ago, Xico26 said:

Hello guys! Hope you still remember me, because I haven't been here for a loooong time

So, how's everyone doing? And what happened since my last visit (maybe in February?)

Thanks!

Oh, long time no see :)

Edited by LCP

On 4/29/2021 at 6:22 PM, toopizza13 said:

TLG usually recycles themes, so I would expect new arctic sets soon so I would get a couple if they are cheap and put them in storage. If they don't do arctic you could always buy the old ones or nake a holiday village.

But I am not interested in those holiday villages or Christmas things. Put them in storage? What did you mean? Resell it later?

Edited by ks6349

24 minutes ago, ks6349 said:

But I am not interested in those holiday villages or Christmas things. Put them in storage? What did you mean? Resell it later?

I would put them in storage. We never know if lego will do arctic again. If they dont you could probably sell them.

2 minutes ago, toopizza13 said:

I would put them in storage. We never know if lego will do arctic again. If they dont you could probably sell them.

I am not optimistic about reselling. I have wrongly got a couple of City sets released a few years ago because I think they cannot fit my city well, I have put them on local sites but hardly anyone even asks, and honestly speaking

the price is already lowest I am not expecting to earn, but still, no one asks.

Edited by ks6349

14 hours ago, LCP said:

It's okay. I also often confuse information from these two sites.

And this is new model of chicken stunt motorbike's minifigure torso.

https://www.instagram.com/p/COR8X1uJmKd/

Thank you! If a pieces goes into production then this means it's 3 months from release so 1st August for Stunt subtheme as opposed to 1st June?

2 Summer sets we re revealed! 

60300 and 60301

60300 includes a small quad with turning action pieces a small tree, 2 monkeys, a drone, a rescuer and a scorpion

60301 includes Jessica Sharpe a small 4x4 a new male lion and a lion cub, a small nature zone with a snake and a few trees

https://imgur.com/gallery/RFTJOyz

Edited by Powered by Bricks

60302 also leaked out! Wow, overall it's really cool but this small vehicle with caterpillars looks odd (front end is off). But finally they are here yupiii 

34 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

60300 and 60301

60300 includes a small quad with turning action pieces a small tree, 2 monkeys, a drone, a rescuer and a scorpion

60301 includes Jessica Sharpe a small 4x4 a new male lion and a lion cub, a small nature zone with a snake and a few trees

Wow!

Small Monkey set = amazing 

Lion set is sadly 4+ and those tend to be overpriced, also doesn't have a female lion so if you want a family , you need to go back to the 2020 60267

Big wildlife set looks great but I don't think the Helicopter was really needed in it, could've had a winch on the tracked vehicle to "fix" the tree instead a helicopter, still nice to see Land/Water variants of the new "Road" plates however.

Overall, I think this is still a huge improvement on direction of City, adding more focus on terrain and animals.

Edited by TeriXeri

I knew I should have sold off my old Adventures Elephants, could have paid for the new one sets.

So glad the new road plates are getting recolors already. 

On 4/27/2021 at 11:31 AM, Poodabricks said:

I hope to see some new torsos from the Stunt and Wildlife Rescue subthemes. They'd be good for my minifig collection. I've taken an indefinite hiatus from MOCing recently in favor of minifig collecting. Hope I'm still part of the AFOL club. 

When an exploration theme has first appeared in recent years (ie not the 2018 arctic stuff, for example) the theme has generally had a couple of new and very well used torsos that appear in almost every set.  There's generally a standard torso, and then one for the heli pilot(s).  You can therefore probably expect at least two new torsos for the rescuers (is that a word?) - possibly a new scientist torso as well?

4 minutes ago, Slave2Leia said:

I definitely want the small set just for the monkeys, so cute! 

Same here, 2 monkeys in a small set is a good deal imo, and the monkeys can even go well with the 2020 Pirates sets.

Edited by TeriXeri

Its official. I'm buying all the wildlife sets. Except that 4+ one of course. 4+ isn't my thing. 

Edited by Poodabricks

5 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

60300 and 60301

Yeehaw! These look great!

2 hours ago, Slave2Leia said:

I just noticed in set 60302 the monkey has a cast on!   I’m sorry he’s hurt but man is it cute!  lol. 

So that's what it is! So adorable... :blush:

2 hours ago, toopizza13 said:

Im definitely buying 60300, and 60302. Im not sure about 60301 just because it is 4+.

Despite the lions? If it's under $50 I'll be picking it up.

2 hours ago, toopizza13 said:

Im definitely buying 60300, and 60302. Im not sure about 60301 just because it is 4+.

That goes for me too! I'm buying! 

I'm hoping to work out the best way to get pretty much all the animals! Those monkeys are amazing, and might mean I have to rebuild Pirates of Barracuda Bay just so that they join in on the reunion!

4 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Its official. I'm buying all the wildlife sets. Except that 4+ one of course. 4+ isn't my thing. 

4 hours ago, toopizza13 said:

They all look 4+ to me, at least not fare from it, but I could not care less as long as sets are this backed with animals. Keep up the good work design-team City, what about a farm next year :sweet:

22 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

They all look 4+ to me, at least not fare from it, but I could not care less as long as sets are this backed with animals. Keep up the good work design-team City, what about a farm next year :sweet:

I agree a farm would be very good, seeing how the 2020 Safari vehicle lead to Safari sets, I wonder if the 2021 Tractor has some connection there (just 100% pure speculation, doesn't have to mean anything like the Harvester Transport before that etc.)

As far as Safari animals, would be interesting to see a Zebra set , while Zebras aren't really riding animals, I'd take Zebra over anything at this point for lack of minifig Horses.

Friends get another Forest Horse Stable set for summer, which makes it the 3rd Horse themed set this year (total of 4 big horses , 2 small in 3 sets in 2021), but minifig horses are rare nowadays, the small minidoll horse also got an update with a removeable back piece so minidoll kids can stand on it.

Edited by TeriXeri