Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

55 minutes ago, jonwil said:

How do we know its a crocodile and not an alligator?

As it is an African inspired theme, with elephants and lions, it would presumably be a Nile crocodile or West African crocodile as alligators are only found in North America. The mould looks more alike an alligator however, but since it also appeared as either a saltwater crocodile or American crocodile  in the pirates theme I think of it as a crocodile. While it also appeared in the swamp police sets, there are crocodiles as well as alligators in North America so it could still be a crocodile without being out of place.

6 hours ago, jonwil said:

The mould is being used for both, however in these sets is must be a crocodile since there is no alligators in Africa :wink:

Edited by Roebuck
Did not see the reply over when I posted..

All of the harry potter sets just got leaked with official images. Im guessing city will be leaked soon with other june releases.

4 minutes ago, toopizza13 said:

All of the harry potter sets just got leaked with official images. Im guessing city will be leaked soon with other june releases.

City seems to always surprise us towards the end of the year. I hope we see four more town-related sets in August. 

1 minute ago, Poodabricks said:

City seems to always surprise us towards the end of the year. I hope we see four more town-related sets in August. 

Same, I really want another town square but honestly I doubt it with all the town stuff we got in January, but city has been surprising this year. If we dont we will probably get another wave of town stuff in January 2022. I also think we will get a new wave of fire sets and more police. I hope we get a new fire station, 2019's station was not great.

12 minutes ago, toopizza13 said:

Same, I really want another town square but honestly I doubt it with all the town stuff we got in January, but city has been surprising this year. If we dont we will probably get another wave of town stuff in January 2022. I also think we will get a new wave of fire sets and more police. I hope we get a new fire station, 2019's station was not great.

If we do get some town stuff in the summer, I don't think it will be a town square as City only does one or two a year. If they do release four more town sets this summer, I hope its the following:

• Hospital - Ok so for the past three hospitals, City has been on a six year rotation. But c'mon City, surprise us with one. Maybe even Dr. Contagioustein from the series can make an appearance. I've always wanted to see an ambulance with monster truck tires too. 
  • Bus Stop - I know I always say this, but I really want City to do another bus. Tbh, I didn't really care for the 2017 bus because it just looked weird. This time, I'm thinking a bus stop set with either a bendy bus or a small mini bus with a piece of road plate. 
  • Cargo Terminal - I haven't seen a cargo terminal since 2017. Why not have one of those too? I hope with this cargo terminal, they do an updated version of this torso instead of re using the construction worker torso. 
  • Construction Site - Speaking of construction workers...uh Lego....when are you gonna give us another one of these?

Now as for the fire and police sets, I don't really care for the 2019 fire station either. The 2013 fire station was the best one in my books. Still have mine, but I misplaced the pieces. Fire is actually my second favorite City subtheme behind Trains (my sigfig is a train driver after all). I hope they do a fire brick box with the mini fire station in this picture as one of the build options. That would be an immediate buy for me. I actually like this year's fire and police waves as they are not a whole new wave, but rather extensions to last years wave. I hope that trend continues. You told me once that the were changing up City for the better. Its definately better now. As far as fire stations are concerned, that's kinda guaranteed next year as a new fire station comes out every three years. The last fire station was released in 2019 so next year in 2022 would be the next time when a fire station would be released. Please include all the named firefighters in that one, Lego! 

52 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

If we do get some town stuff in the summer, I don't think it will be a town square as City only does one or two a year. If they do release four more town sets this summer, I hope its the following:

• Hospital - Ok so for the past three hospitals, City has been on a six year rotation. But c'mon City, surprise us with one. Maybe even Dr. Contagioustein from the series can make an appearance. I've always wanted to see an ambulance with monster truck tires too. 
  • Bus Stop - I know I always say this, but I really want City to do another bus. Tbh, I didn't really care for the 2017 bus because it just looked weird. This time, I'm thinking a bus stop set with either a bendy bus or a small mini bus with a piece of road plate. 
  • Cargo Terminal - I haven't seen a cargo terminal since 2017. Why not have one of those too? I hope with this cargo terminal, they do an updated version of this torso instead of re using the construction worker torso. 
  • Construction Site - Speaking of construction workers...uh Lego....when are you gonna give us another one of these?

Now as for the fire and police sets, I don't really care for the 2019 fire station either. The 2013 fire station was the best one in my books. Still have mine, but I misplaced the pieces. Fire is actually my second favorite City subtheme behind Trains (my sigfig is a train driver after all). I hope they do a fire brick box with the mini fire station in this picture as one of the build options. That would be an immediate buy for me. I actually like this year's fire and police waves as they are not a whole new wave, but rather extensions to last years wave. I hope that trend continues. You told me once that the were changing up City for the better. Its definately better now. As far as fire stations are concerned, that's kinda guaranteed next year as a new fire station comes out every three years. The last fire station was released in 2019 so next year in 2022 would be the next time when a fire station would be released. Please include all the named firefighters in that one, Lego! 

Yes I love that mini fire station from the build your own city set. I agree that city is better now, and I hope we get more town, here are some of my predictions:

We will most certainly get a new police wave, I think that they will recycle things from 60278 into the sets, like we would get a double rotor helicopter and maybe even the building or van. I hope we get a new police mobile command unit, im not buying every city set that releases anymore as I've done the past 2 years on clearance but i would totally get this.

We will most certainly get a new fire wave, I want a new fire boat as I don't really like the one from 2016.

For great vehicle's I really want a garbage truck and a mail truck, two things my city could desperately use.

For town I don't know what I would want, but I would love a water park, a new and bigger airport, or a mall.

I have been working on putting all my city sets into a large city, I will post pictures here soon.

*I have not bought every set full price, my brother works at lego and the employee discount makes lego way more affordable 

Edited by toopizza13

4 minutes ago, toopizza13 said:

Yes I love that mini fire station from the build your own city set. I agree that city is better now, and I hope we get more town, here are some of my predictions:

We will most certainly get a new police wave, I think that they will recycle things from 60278 into the sets, like we would get a double rotor helicopter and maybe even the building or van. I hope we get a new police mobile command unit, im not buying every city set that releases anymore as I've done the past 2 years on clearance but i would totally get this.

We will most certainly get a new fire wave, I want a new fire boat as I don't really like the one from 2016.

For great vehicle's I really want a garbage truck and a mail truck, two things my city could desperately use.

For town I don't know what I would want, but I would love a water park, a new and bigger airport, or a mall.

I have been working on putting all my city sets into a large city, I will post pictures here soon.

*I have not bought every set full price, my brother works at lego and the employee discount makes lego way more affordable 

I've been begging Lego to do this for City. But for the next police wave, can you please please PLEASE give us a prison bus? I want something I can transport all the criminals in my town in at the same time. 

For Great Vehicles (my other favorite City subtheme), Mmy town can also use a garbage truck. Right now I use the 2020 street sweeper as the primary sanitation vehicle. I can use a mail truck too. Mail is currently delivered via motor scooter in my town because there is no mail van. My town needs a bus too. I'm also hoping that City will do another heavy wrecker like the one that was done in 2014. 

I don't buy every little City set either. But I do get the ones I need. I plan to get my hands on that police boat. 

Something I saw on ebay today

Lego City Cargo Truck and Driver from Lego train set 60052

£9.95 and shipping is free. Good price?

s-l1600.jpg

This is wishlist of course...

I would love see more Farm, Conservation/Enivormental, Zoo, Museum/Science, Medicine (we are in middle of pandemic duh), and revived Jungle subthemes. Oh and more animals, please! :) 

But, personally, I hope bus station set will be likely to be produced in near future. I mean, we really need public transit! 

4 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

We better. It be very weird if we get a bunch of new road plates and then nothing for the rest of the year.

21 hours ago, jonwil said:

Because it’s with an African elephant 

9 minutes ago, ks6349 said:

Something I saw on ebay today

Lego City Cargo Truck and Driver from Lego train set 60052

£9.95 and shipping is free. Good price?

s-l1600.jpg

Now that's a good build. I've got one of those. I've been screaming for a cargo subtheme revival for ages now with the base set being a ship dock like the one we had in 2011 instead of a land or air based cargo terminal. 

Edited by Poodabricks

On 4/14/2021 at 5:59 PM, jonwil said:

That’s an excellent quesiton! Short and sweet answer - alligator is found in North America while crocodile is found in Africa. 

Basically, Wildlife Rescue sets are focusing on rescuing Africa’s majestic animals, such as elephants, lion cub, monkey. But with that crocodile mold, it can be used as alligator when it comes to Louisiana’s bayou or Florida’s Everglades like Swamp Police sets. Same for a mountain lion mold from Mountain Police subtheme is reused as tiger, lioness, jaguar. Mountain lion and African lioness figures may look similar. And I easily mistook manta ray for stingray figure tho. 

I just come to think, I’m really excited about Wildlife Rescue sets! :) 

22 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Now that's a good build. I've got one of those. I've been screaming for a cargo subtheme revival for ages now with the base set being a ship dock like the one we had in 2011 instead of a land or air based cargo terminal. 

what is the set number of the one you said released in 2011. Let me check

What will be released in the coming summer for Lego City?

6 minutes ago, ks6349 said:

what is the set number of the one you said released in 2011. Let me check

What will be released in the coming summer for Lego City?

They are doing a monster truck motorcycle theme, a police set, and african Sahara sets

9 minutes ago, toopizza13 said:

They are doing a monster truck motorcycle theme, a police set, and african Sahara sets

confirmed? where did you know

1 hour ago, ks6349 said:

confirmed? where did you know

That has been known for months lol.

Edited by toopizza13

18 minutes ago, toopizza13 said:

I think you will get in trouble if you do not remove the link :poke:

1 minute ago, Roebuck said:

I think you will get in trouble if you do not remove the link :poke:

I removed it to be safe but i didn't leak those someone else on here made that link, idk where they originally came from though.

12 minutes ago, toopizza13 said:

I removed it to be safe but i didn't leak those someone else on here made that link, idk where they originally came from though.

Leak what? 

14 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

4645 Harbor 

Not as good as those released in 1991

24 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Leak what? 

The summer sets, i think they were leaked on instagram