Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

As you all know, my brother works at lego. He has shared images with me of a large D2C set called "Main Center" set no 60312 with a taxi, blue car, green convertble, a red bus, a police car and fire ATV, a small cafe with a outdoor seating area and a LEGO brand store which has 2 stories. The set has 2 of the 16 x 16 road plates and some new curved road plates that forme a circle with a fountain in the center. The set has 1783 pieces and will retail for $200 with a release date of August 1st. I'm exited for this, and will probably get it. It has a lot of minifigures i think 11 if I counted right. Its gonna be revealed July 1st.

3 hours ago, toopizza13 said:

As you all know, my brother works at lego. He has shared images with me of a large D2C set called "Main Center" set no 60312 with a taxi, blue car, green convertble, a red bus, a police car and fire ATV, a small cafe with a outdoor seating area and a LEGO brand store which has 2 stories. The set has 2 of the 16 x 16 road plates and some new curved road plates that forme a circle with a fountain in the center. The set has 1783 pieces and will retail for $200 with a release date of August 1st. I'm exited for this, and will probably get it. It has a lot of minifigures i think 11 if I counted right. Its gonna be revealed July 1st.

Huh, that sounds pretty neat! Thanks for sharing it with us. Btw, is that 60312 just added to the list? 

Sorry, look at today's date! While my brother does work at lego it doesn't look like they are doing a new D2C this year. 

35 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Huh, that sounds pretty neat! Thanks for sharing it with us. Btw, is that 60312 just added to the list? 

It's an April Fool's joke. 60312 is the 2016 Service Station.

37 minutes ago, caiman0637 said:

... I can’t believe i felt for that! It was a good one, @toopizza13 *faceplams*

Edited by DBlegonerd7

2 hours ago, caiman0637 said:

Actually that was 60132, not 60312, but I think it is an April fools

35 minutes ago, Stuartn said:

Actually that was 60132, not 60312, but I think it is an April fools

Apparently, Google isn't aware of that.

So on my previous Legoland question, today my Target had a case/box of 40393 Legoland Fire academy but per brickset this was only available at the actual Legoland stores last year. I see the driving school (40347) one on their list too, which was maybe the one I saw? But I swear it had snack stands, anyway. So I'm guessing the Legoland range is going to be sold everywhere (or at least Target) this year, as there's no way that my Target (and only my Target) got TWO different legoland case/boxes of sets in randomly

https://brickset.com/sets/subtheme-LEGOLAND

https://imgur.com/a/ZQZ3b11

3 minutes ago, LCP said:

Gold banana?

Sounds weird

On 4/2/2021 at 1:56 AM, toopizza13 said:

Sorry, look at today's date! While my brother does work at lego it doesn't look like they are doing a new D2C this year. 

Yeah, to be honest I think that 60312 will a be a 10€/$ 4+ 2022 set, not a summer one

The fact that the Main Square set from last year (with the yellow tram and stuff) was such poor value (as compared to previous similar large sets such as the one with the orange tram in it and also as compared to other current City sets including the current City passenger train) didn't help its sales and probably contributed to the decision not to release a large set like that in 2021.

2 hours ago, jonwil said:

The fact that the Main Square set from last year (with the yellow tram and stuff) was such poor value (as compared to previous similar large sets such as the one with the orange tram in it and also as compared to other current City sets including the current City passenger train) didn't help its sales and probably contributed to the decision not to release a large set like that in 2021.

We got something better though. We got two town planning sets in 2021 and we got them early. 

Btw, I don't think Main Square was low quality. I think it was just overpriced. That's why I've been hesitant to buy it. I really just want certain parts tbh. $200 would be a waste of money just to buy a set only because of the tram, the diner, the stage and the town hall. Pricing it at $100 and not making it a Lego Store exclusive wouldve made a better sell. 

Edited by Poodabricks

Main Square is a good set, its just poor value.

The fact that I can get the City Cargo Train for only $20 more than the Main Square here in Australia (when the cargo train includes the expensive bluetooth stuff and all that train track) shows this perfectly.

43 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Main Square is a good set, its just poor value.

The fact that I can get the City Cargo Train for only $20 more than the Main Square here in Australia (when the cargo train includes the expensive bluetooth stuff and all that train track) shows this perfectly.

The cargo train has been on sale quite a lot too, lately nearing or below the $200 mark at places other than Lego

Not any yet. If any of you want 30370, go to Walgreens. My Walgreens had a display with different lego sets in the easter section. And they went 50% off today because it was in the easter section, so I got it for $2.50.

3 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Any leaks? 

So far, nope, not yet. :/ Just monkey and alligator/corocodile for Wildlife Rescue, nothing else. 

31 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

So far, nope, not yet. :/ Just monkey and alligator/corocodile for Wildlife Rescue, nothing else. 

Speaking of animals. I think my favorite one from this year is the new labrador mould included in the city center that the blind man is walking. I have one of those coming in the mail. 

Edited by Poodabricks

1 hour ago, Poodabricks said:

Speaking of animals. I think my favorite one from this year is the new labrador mould included in the city center that the blind man is walking. I have one of those coming in the mail. 

I have that Labrador retriever figure with that harness too. I think it’s really cool to see it in my hands. So Defintiely one of my favorite molds this year. 

I’m glad you got it!

2 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

I got the gold one from the family house set. It is a great mould and I hope we get one in black soon, in which case I could justify getting the brown one so I can have all three.