Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

6 minutes ago, Roonil Wazlib said:

That's not true. Scroll up and read the posts.

Ok, I just did, including the one you intially replied to. They all related to LEGO or other people's points about LEGO, besides yours. Care to carry on arguing and we can do so privately.

You started off derailing the thread and now it's getting worse.

Just now, Clone OPatra said:

Ok, I just did, including the one you intially replied to. They all related to LEGO or other people's points about LEGO, besides yours. Care to carry on arguing and we can do so privately.

You started off derailing the thread and now it's getting worse.

Oh boy, a private chat from an onlineĀ forum moderator? I'm terrified.

20 minutes ago, Roonil Wazlib said:

Oh boy, a private chat from an onlineĀ forum moderator? I'm terrified.

I wouldn't get on a moderator's bad side here.Ā 

19 hours ago, AndreMW said:

Well, with the storming of the Capitol and plans Ā to blow it up I can understand why Lego deems that set not fitting.

Where on Earth did you hear they were planning to blow up the Capital?Ā :hmpf:

Ā 

This is beyond stupid. Cut ā€œraidā€ out of the name if thatā€™s the problem... This is a great looking set that I was actually looking forward to a City set for once in a long time.Ā 

But, a police helicopter chasing a jet ski, thatā€™s okay. Police truck chasing a car & bike duo, thatā€™s okay. Police boat chasing a sub, thatā€™s okay. But going after criminals in a building is off limits theses days...sure. Who says theyā€™re making explosives? The story could easily be that the factory is empty & abandoned & the crooks are holed up in there. Signage doesnā€™t always get removed from a building the moment they close down.

Edited by Vindicare

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

Where on Earth did you hear they were planning to blow up the Capital?Ā :hmpf:

Really? After I already had a whole public back and forth with someone else about this very thing, did you have reply to it? One person parked a truck with explosives nearby. That was it.

Carry on with the actual discussion please and not about the US Capitol.

30 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Carry on with the actual discussion please and not about the US Capitol.

Which I most certainly did with the vast majority of my post.Ā 

8 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

Tbh lego doesn't have to explain a damn thing to us, they are the trusted childs toy Company, we are the adult consumers, one set not coming out pales to all the other great sets coming out this year

Itā€™s the precedent though. They cancel one set, whether that be from perceived or actual whining, whoā€™s to say any number of those other great sets coming out this year(or future years) wonā€™t be the target? Jabbaā€™s Palace is a great example of this. It vaguely resembled a mosque, so it ā€œhadā€ to go.Ā 

Also, it makes those negative voices hold more weight & power than those who are for the set. I donā€™t get excited by City sets a lot these days, especially the bigger ones, but this one had me really excited. Itā€™s a great looking building with a funny logo on top. As much as we see dynamite used throughout themes, I thought it was a fun idea. But now because I see it as a positive, my voice has effectively been silenced.Ā 

I was wondering if helicopter's coaxial rotors could be a reason for cancelation? If each set of rotors is turning in opposite directions(if they invented such mechanism) and fe. a kid will put there a finger... then...well... ouch! Maybe they won't admit it and they covered it with unspoken reason.

The most curious thing is who was in the characters(City Adventure) in the 60278 product.

5 minutes ago, LCP said:
The most curious thing is who was in the characters(City Adventure) in the 60278 product.

I think that there were Daisy Kaboom, Rooky Partnur, Sam Grizzled and another police officer from the series(unknown to me)Ā 

I'm really sad to hear that my most wanted set will never be released, I agree with you that 60308 could be a different version of the set, I hope it includes new minifigures!Ā :excited:

Edited by Powered by Bricks

3 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

I think that there were Daisy Kaboom, Rooky Partnur, Sam Grizzled and another pļ»æolice officer from the series(unknown to me)Ā 

Ā 
As far as I know, 3 season of City Adventure is airing now.
A new police character may emerge that season.

Just now, LCP said:
Ā 
As far as I know, 3 season of City Adventure is airing now.
A new police character may emerge that season.

One of them is that female police officer from the boat set

3 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

One of them is that female police oļ»æfficer from the boat seļ»æt

Gracie Goodhart?

Actually Lego did cancel several sets when recent events were way too connected with elements of sets, which is quite understandable.

Too many still donĀ“t get, that the majority of Lego customers are children and that parents do react not good towards playsets that they consider to close to reality.

(Since someone asked and I always can deliver facts (but I will post no more about it): https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/feb/26/capitol-attack-capitol-biden-police )

Ā 

1 minute ago, LCP said:

Gracie Goodhart?

Exactly, a weird thing Lego does now in this theme is to show new characters before the seriesĀ 

Edited by Powered by Bricks

6 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

I think that there were Daisy Kaboom, Rooky Partnur, Sam Grizzled and another police officer from the series(unknown to me)Ā 

I'm really sad to hear that my most wanted set will never be released, I agree with you that 60308 could be a different version of the set, I hope it includes new minifigures!Ā :excited:

I'm not sure it is Daisy, imo it is Big Betty (in that small red car) and there is Vito (looking out from window at 1st floor).

1 minute ago, fo4saken said:

I'm not sure it is Daisy, imo it is Big Betty (in that small red car) and there is Vito (looking out from window at 1st floor).

Yeah, I spotted that but the weird thing was that the box didn't show their names in the bottom

3 minutes ago, fo4saken said:

Ā 
Daisy certainly seems to be included.
Because the picture quality is low, I can't see it well, but I could see her characteristic dyed hair.

Why not Lego should delayĀ Crooksā€™ Hideout set instead of canceling? Canā€™t they at least have time to redesign this set?

Edited by DBlegonerd7

26 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Why not Lego should delayĀ Crooksā€™ Hideout set instead of canceling? Canā€™t they at least have time to redesign this set?

Well, TLG canceled 60278. That doesn't mean that fe. 60308 won't be something redesigned. But if you ask me, redesign would be like pointing the finger what was wrong with their 60278. If it was on leaked catalog (preliminary images) without presentation of the set we were able to think it will be some kind of exclusive. Lego made a box, instructions probably and they added it into Friends instructions. Everyone had hope it will be released on March 1st. But I guess they had doubts, maybe they had some additional PR/marketing/lawyers advices with the Winter City wave. We know about this cancelation only because BrickFanatics asked TLG about that set. I bet they made decision on December. Shame, really shame.

14 hours ago, fo4saken said:

I was wondering if helicopter's coaxial rotors could be a reason for cancelation?

Coaxial rotors were done on theĀ ultra agents helicopter some time ago, so unless there was an issue there I think they would be ok.

Ā 

8 hours ago, fo4saken said:

We know about this cancelation only because BrickFanatics asked TLG about that set. I bet they made decision on December. Shame, really shame.

I think TLG would've preferred to let this one slide. Had it been cancelled later, IĀ anticipate if it were cancelled later than December or JanuaryĀ there would have been some sets or parts of it lying around somewhere, like there was with theĀ Osprey set which already had some copies sold, simply because retailers would've had to have gotten stock any later for a March 1 release.

The factory was cancelled.Ā  Of course it was.Ā  There must be some absurd prohibition on industrial builds by Lego.Ā  I have been wanting a good industrial factory since I was 9 years old.Ā  Like seriously where do minifigs actually make stuff in Lego town / city.Ā Ā  I was really looking forward to a silly cartoon dynamite factory in my town.Ā  I figured the "crooks hideout" and police vehicles were merely an annoying extra we had to buy to finally get a factory.Ā  I don't suppose we could just get the factory released at some point without the "conflict" stuff.Ā  :hmpf:

So, with some information I got from some sources, we finally have some information for the set 60308:

-No it's not a remake of the crook's hideout set, most probably will be a mobile police unit

-It will cost 40ā‚¬

-It will be released in JuneĀ 

If we get a optimized version of the 60278 set, we could probably get it next yearĀ 

Ā