Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

16 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Niiiiccccceeeee.  Two extremely nice sets, both of which I have.  The heli in particular is very nice as it’s clearly a heli whilst still being made out of more standard pieces than the incredibly specific pieces today.  It hangs well too.  It’s also the advertised set for ‘a man has fallen into the river in LEGO City!’  Have you got the police station with the minifigure whose torch lights up or the version without?

Like @gedren_y said I have the version without the lightup minifigure, the 2006 one, I didn't like the original one because it has less minifigures than any other police station(not counting 60270),and that light up minifigure to me looks horrible! 

1 hour ago, Maple said:

Yeah I think that's the one. The figures are modern but 90s classic like. The last City PD on a baseplate (I'm not counting the modular). And white bike. :)

That's not 60047...

Do we have any information on when (or even if) the Crook's Hideout set is going to be released?

4 hours ago, jonwil said:

Do we have any information on when (or even if) the Crook's Hideout set is going to be released?

LEGO probably hasn't figured that out. The January Catalog, which I got... Saturday... has Marvel's The Eternals (I think that's what's it called, I lost the catalog.) and they are no where to be found on the website. Covid has really screwed everything up, which is actually great for non license sets.

14 hours ago, jonwil said:

Someone here said that the crook's hideout will be released in March, Lego will show the set soon, I think that the set is a Lego exclusive.

Edited by Powered by Bricks

15 hours ago, jonwil said:

im guessing it was slated to be a march release, i think it has been delayed indefinitely.

37 minutes ago, toopizza13 said:

im guessing it was slated to be a march release, i think it has been delayed indefinitely.

And that's based one what?

36 minutes ago, LCP said:
I told you last time that foil pack 952102 is a bulldozer.
The 952103 product, which will be released in March, is a police motorcycle.
It's similar to the 952001 released last year.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKyh6Lepuqz/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

The new sets(included in magazines) are a bit similar to the 2020 ones, the excavator has a different front,the new motorcycle doesn't have a compartment for handcuffs and include a minifigure with the elite police torso

2 hours ago, toopizza13 said:

nothing, im just guessing.

:facepalm: Figured. LEGO will release it when they planned on it. It's a store exclusive so it's probably not top priority however with movies being delayed they have time in their schedule to make it. I'm really excited to see more of the set as it's the biggest non station building we have gotten in City in... foever.

47 minutes ago, Maple said:

:facepalm: Figured. LEGO will release it when they planned on it. It's a store exclusive so it's probably not top priority however with movies being delayed they have time in their schedule to make it. I'm really excited to see more of the set as it's the biggest non station building we have gotten in City in... foever.

Yea, the elite police museum heist has less pieces than the hideout, if I'm not wrong, better quality images will appear in the middle of this month, it happened with 60271 another exclusive set

I have a question: Is it worth to buy parts and follow the instructions of retired sets? For example, to build the bank, buy the parts that make of the bank in a good set and build...

12 minutes ago, Xico26 said:

I have a question: Is it worth to buy parts and follow the instructions of retired sets? For example, to build the bank, buy the parts that make of the bank in a good set and build...

I never did that before, I always buy new or used sets, when it comes to used sets, I search for the set I want and then I saw the results and the images taken to see if it's complete(normally I compare the set with images of the box, to see if it's complete or not), if it's complete I buy it, if it is not complete, I try to see if I have the pieces missing on the set, or I don't buy it. 

43 minutes ago, Xico26 said:

I know what you mean. I did such a thing when my son desperataly wanted cargo plane wreck only from 60161 :) I took pdf instruction, wrote down all needed parts (takes time) and started to seek them on bricklink. I was lucky as one of sellers here in Poland had most of required parts (partly new, partly used). At the end, plane is 98% same as original with custom made sticker. So in my situation, yes, it was worth it.

8 minutes ago, fo4saken said:

I know what you mean. I did such a thing when my son desperataly wanted cargo plane wreck only from 60161 :) I took pdf instruction, wrote down all needed parts (takes time) and started to seek them on bricklink. I was lucky as one of sellers here in Poland had most of required parts (partly new, partly used). At the end, plane is 98% same as original with custom made sticker. So in my situation, yes, it was worth it.

And cheaper or not exactly? Thanks for sharing your experience! 

20 minutes ago, Xico26 said:

And cheaper or not exactly? Thanks for sharing your experience! 

It's hard to say as noone sells this plane wreck separately. But with shipment I paid approximately 10€. So I guess I would not be able to buy it for same price if someone would decided to separate the set and sell it alone.

1 hour ago, Xico26 said:

Nah! I say just buy the retured set off of eBay. That's what I usually do. 

42 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

Nah! I say just buy the retured set off of eBay. That's what I usually do. 

Same, but in OLX, there are a huge variety of city sets, I don't use ebay or bricklink

2 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Same, but in OLX, there are a huge variety of city sets, I don't use ebay or bricklink

What does OLX mean?