Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

6 minutes ago, Maple said:

Exactly. It's mostly a very calming thing. There is a reason why during the pandemic that LEGO is even more popular.

Lego would be more successful than early years during this pandemic 

15 minutes ago, Maple said:

Exactly. It's mostly a very calming thing. There is a reason why during the pandemic that LEGO is even more popular.

Covid couldn't kill Lego. 

I'm bit worried... still no news about Crooks Hideout while possible one month left till 1st of March. C'mon Lego.

38 minutes ago, fo4saken said:

I'm bit worried... still no news about Crooks Hideout while possible one month left till 1st of March. C'mon Lego.

You just saw it during the beginning of the month. 

11 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

I am a bit blind, I lost part of my vision when I was a kid, one of my eyes can see better than the other eye. 

Gotcha! 

Unlike you, mine is a rare genetic disorder that I was born deaf and my vision decline gradually over time. It’s called Usehr’s Syndrome (combination of deafness and graduation loss of vision). 

39 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

You just saw it during the beginning of the month. 

It wasn't and it is not for sure. As I said before, someone wrote on stonewars, that Lego could simply forgot to update some Friends instructions (if they decided to cancel 60278). And if they didn't, one expected month still left. But no official confirmation, no rls data, nothing new while other themes have got some new sets leaks with March date. That's why I concern.

Edited by fo4saken

1 hour ago, fo4saken said:

Is it a store exclusive? Those are always shown later. But it was already leaked, so it's not like LEGO is keeping it a secret.

39 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Gotcha! 

Unlike you, mine is a rare genetic disorder that I was born deaf and my vision decline gradually over time. It’s called Usehr’s Syndrome (combination of deafness and graduation loss of vision). 

In my case I have astigmatism, when I was a little kid I just had a temporary vision problem and then, it turned into what I have:astigmatism 

I can’t find some threat to post some ideas about City. 

Sorry if I am not supposed to post my ideas here.

I start noticing that Ocean Exploration subtheme last year and Wildlifre Rescue this year. I think City’s subthemes are based on climate change, endangerment, and/or other stuffs I can’ think of. 

I think there is a bike in Submarine set (60264), right? So it’s a pollution. And there is a rescue diver from CMF Series 20, i think it represents endangerment since green sea turtle is rescued. 

And now Wildlife Resuce has “resuce” word in it, so probably it relates to endangerment. Yet, we do not know anything about this subtheme at the moment. Hopefully, leaks will turn up soon. 

I think it’s best to raise awareness about climate change, engagement, and other stuffs within Lego. What do you think? 

3 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I can’t find some threat to post some ideas about City. 

Sorry if I am not supposed to post my ideas here.

I start noticing that Ocean Exploration subtheme last year and Wildlifre Rescue this year. I think City’s subthemes are based on climate change, endangerment, and/or other stuffs I can’ think of. 

I think there is a bike in Submarine set (60264), right? So it’s a pollution. And there is a rescue diver from CMF Series 20, i think it represents endangerment since green sea turtle is rescued. 

Yea, I think that too but your a bit wrong

60265_alt1.jpg

This set here is the one that includes some "pollution" 

13 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Yea, I think that too but your a bit wrong

60265_alt1.jpg

This set here is the one that includes some "pollution" 

Ooh, my mistake. Thank you for correcting me, I really appreciate it. 

Yeah  that’s “pollution” for sure. Definitely it’s nice to raise awareness about environmental issues and engagement. 

Does anyone know when subtheme will leak like ocean and airport subthemes last year?

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Does anyone know when subtheme will leak like ocean and airport subthemes last year?

Hmm. If it is according to last year, around April...

5 minutes ago, Xico26 said:

Now I'm thinking about that unknown police set:what could it be? 

And where's the D2C that always comes in every summer? 

We had the capital city in 2018,the rocket assembly and launch in 2019,the main square in 2020,but still nothing about the 2021 one. 

Edited by Powered by Bricks

2 hours ago, Xico26 said:

Oh okay, thanks!! I was hoping it would it the earlier than April but that’s ok with me, tho!

5 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Now I'm thinking about that unknown police set:what could it be? 

And where's the D2C that always comes in every summer? 

We had the capital city in 2018,the rocket assembly and launch in 2019,the main square in 2020,but still nothing about the 2021 one. 

60300-60302 will be the regular sold Wildlife sets. Since 60300 Wildlife Operations is rumored to be already 100 Euros, I bet it'll be the flagship set of this subtheme. So I guess that 60307 Wildlife Camp with its rumored 120 Euros is going to be this year's summer D2C set (like the rocket assembly and launch in 2019).

Since within the Stunts and Wildlife subthemes there are already some big sets, I'd count on the Police set to be not a big but a medium sized set. Earlier some here supposed that it will be a big mobile command unit (which may well be since last year there was "only" a small one). Or - since there doesn't seem to be a single civilian set / house in summer - I could imagine a police mission at a museum break-in or jewelry break-in.

PS: When looking at pictures of safari, they often show that classic sunset with giraffes and these typical savannah trees. So I really hope that both elements will be included in the Wildlife sets! Plus I must say that the Stunt Show Arena will - if anyway - only be interesting for me if it included a big grandstand and a TV team.

29 minutes ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

savannah trees

I'd appreciate any nice tree. I think the only proper trees to feature in City were in the 2012 fire theme and one in the 2015 city square. A giraffe would seem likely, but I hope some attention is given also to some Australian animals, such as a kangaroo, which lend themselves nicely to the wildlife rescue schematics.

31 minutes ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

big grandstand and a TV team

Same, that would be the only incentive for me. Unless there is a new interesting kangaroo mould, unlike 1hy, the 2hy Star Wars sets will be more enticing for me than City.

14 minutes ago, Stuartn said:

A giraffe would seem likely, but I hope some attention is given also to some Australian animals, such as a kangaroo, which lend themselves nicely to the wildlife rescue schematics.

I agree that some Australian animals would be great, too (esp. the kangaroo you mentioned) - plus of course animals from all over the world, on land, in water and in the sky.

But since TLG needs to work profitable, I can't imagine the Wildlife theme taking part in different regions of the world since this would require too many new moulds which then are only used in one set each. So I bet that theme is based on safari / savannah since this is what is likely the most known and popular wildlife and even the subtheme under wildlife we have been demanding the last year the most. I count on one recolored animal (e. g. zebra), an animal using an alrealdy existing body part and only a new part for the head (e. g. male lion) and two completely new animal moulds (e. g. giraffe and suricate). Plus of course some already existing birds, snakes and spiders - maybe even in new colors. Well, we'll see.

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

14 hours ago, Bornin1980something said:

Autistic Spectrum Disorder? Because I certainly have that!

You'd better hurry. It's officially retiring now. I don't understand why. 

Even if I don't hurry, I won't have a big problem buying that product.
In Korea, there are still many 60257 products in offline stores, so even if they are officially retired, they are sold for at least two years.
Honestly, 60257 is a great product, but I don't understand why it's being retired quickly.
Edited by LCP

Really looking forward to the wildlife rescue sets - hoping for some interesting and possibly new animal moulds....

11 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

I agree that some Australian animals would be great, too (esp. the kangaroo you mentioned) - plus of course animals from all over the world, on land, in water and in the sky.

But since TLG needs to work profitable, I can't imagine the Wildlife theme taking part in different regions of the world since this would require too many new moulds which then are only used in one set each. So I bet that theme is based on safari / savannah since this is what is likely the most known and popular wildlife and even the subtheme under wildlife we have been demanding the last year the most. I count on one recolored animal (e. g. zebra), an animal using an alrealdy existing body part and only a new part for the head (e. g. male lion) and two completely new animal moulds (e. g. giraffe and suricate). Plus of course some already existing birds, snakes and spiders - maybe even in new colors. Well, we'll see.

I agree with you. 

But I’m not sure if recolored horse as a zebra would work perfectly. I think it needs a new head with some fur down the back of its neck. I would LOVE to see a male lion with a mane! I will bet on elephant but we will see.

3 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Really looking forward to the wildlife rescue sets - hoping for some interesting and possibly new animal moulds....

SAme here

4 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

Thank you! 

I can see Wildlife Rescue getting a helicopter for airlifting a large animal. I can also see fire rescue as the focus of this. The new fire piece didn't get as much use as could have, and those energy piece sets are actually pretty good as water spray effects.