Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

3 hours ago, lightningtiger said:

Has anyone started modifying their city collection to fit the new road system.

I have and it's a breath of fresh air.

Even vehicles are being upgraded and modified plus new MOCs. Now I can't wait to get my Kmart layby off for the rest of my new sets.

I am! I never was a fan of the old road-plates, so I did not have many, plus having a small 1 table city made the switch easy for me.

I only had the ones from the 80s and never really got the newer ones, so for me it  will be a fresh start with the new roads.

I have been wondering since the day that we found out about the City’s subtheme.

I mean we don’t know what Wildlife Rescue sets would look like yet but “Wildlife Rescue” words give me a few ideas/theories. 

What kind of wildfire rescue, exactly? 

Could it be:

1. Relating to African wildlife rescue that stop poachers/criminals? 
  2. Prescuing animals from wildlife (just like the infamous wildfire in Australia back in 2019)?
  3. Protecting animals from endangerment/ex it into due to human pollution?

I am very curious to find out about Wildlife Rescue so I shall wait for the leaks! :) 

I think City series of Lego has improved a lot in this year, compared to the last few years. I avoided a lot of sets, just because they were not appealing to me, but this year, I have to burn a lot of money

8 hours ago, lightningtiger said:

I have and it's a breath of fresh air.

Even vehicles are being upgraded and modified plus new MOCs. Now I can't wait to get my Kmart layby off for the rest of my new sets.

LOL! My town doesn't even have roads yet. I'm replanning the road system. 

3 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I have been wondering since the day that we found out about the City’s subtheme.

I mean we don’t know what Wildlife Rescue sets would look like yet but “Wildlife Rescue” words give me a few ideas/theories. 

Could it be:

2. Prescuing animals from wildlife (just like the infamous wildfire in Australia back in 2019)?

I am very curious to find out about Wildlife Rescue so I shall wait for the leaks! :) 

Or maybe it could be code word for a zoo subtheme? 

2 hours ago, ks6349 said:

I think City series of Lego has improved a lot in this year, compared to the last few years. I avoided a lot of sets, just because they were not appealing to me, but this year, I have to burn a lot of money

Yeah! I myself am going to have to save more of my bank account. 

11 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

LOL! My town doesn't even have roads yet. I'm replanning the road system. 

Yeah! I myself am going to have to save more of my bank account. 

I have just purchased 60284 and 60286

Edited by ks6349

8 hours ago, lightningtiger said:

Already put three road plates sets in. Using theme mainly for a carpark, something the old plates, or regular tiles, could never achieve.

4 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:
  • 1 Relating to African wildlife rescue that stop poachers/criminals? 
  • 2 Prescuing animals from wildlife (just like the infamous wildfire in Australia back in 2019)?
  • 3 Protecting animals from endangerment/ex it into due to human pollution?

I'm hoping its two for some new animal moulds, but 1 would probably be more likely, a) because moulds such as a lion already exist, and b) because anything with the slightest connotation of policing will be what Lego go for!

Either I would be happy with though.

31 minutes ago, Stuartn said:

I'm hoping its two for some new animal moulds, but 1 would probably be more likely, a) because moulds such as a lion already exist, and b) because anything with the slightest connotation of policing will be what Lego go for.

‘safari police’ it is. Lol. 

1 hour ago, Brandon Pea said:

That would be super neat to see a zoo subtheme!

23 minutes ago, williejm said:

‘safari police’ it is. Lol. 

Nahhhh. More like a safari ranger!

maxresdefault.jpgI find that 31118 is a set that one must get but I almost forgot

Edited by ks6349

I think the bike products have a similar configuration to the Super Mario power-up pack.
For example, only the cover of the bike is included.

1 hour ago, LCP said:
I think the bike products have a similar configuration to the Super Mario power-up pack.

What's the piece count on those again?

1 hour ago, LCP said:

For that to work there would have to be some sort of "starter set" that they were meant to interact with, which doesn't seem like the most effective business model for "impulse" sets. For Mario, that sort of format is essential, simply because the electronic "core" of the figure would simply add too much to the price. But for simple Lego City motorcycles, a full bike is generally only 6 or so parts and not particularly expensive, so it doesn't seem implausible to me that these sets each include a full bike, a figure, and maybe a few accessories.

Just now, Lyichir said:

For that to work there would have to be some sort of "starter set" that they were meant to interact with, which doesn't seem like the most effective business model for "impulse" sets. For Mario, that sort of format is essential, simply because the electronic "core" of the figure would simply add too much to the price. But for simple Lego City motorcycles, a full bike is generally only 6 or so parts and not particularly expensive, so it doesn't seem implausible to me that these sets each include a full bike, a figure, and maybe a few accessories.

Probably.
The products that will play a role similar to the starter set will be 60293, 60294, and 60295.

Guess what will be the released for Lego City in the coming summer?

I bet Farm and improved fire station

4 hours ago, LCP said:

Then, the price is more disappointing than having a complete bike and a minifig for 10€

The price of a motorbike chasis and tyres is not more than 1 or 2 euros

Polybags are the example

1 hour ago, ks6349 said:

I bet Farm and improved fire station

Extremely unlikely in my opinion...

Also, we are talking about a 10€ set with a few parts, but maybe we have been trolled and it will:

1- Have more parts and cost the same

2- Cost less

im guessing for these motorcycles, that the most realistic thing would be a motorcycle (maybe some new molds) and then a minifigure with some accessories. im huessing named figures will be in these new sets, but in the small $8 sets just a bike and minifigure. 60293 maybe will be some ramps and a motorcycle, some type of building maybe. 60294 im guessing a semi truck that can hold atv's or something. 60295 im guessing will maybe have some ramps and big monster trucks, or maybe a mudpit. 60299 im guessing will be a racetrack.

also, with the set numbers we have now, im suprised there isnt a wildlife rescue helicopter, lego loves doing helicopters for city, so maybe there will be one in 60303 or 60307.

But considering the number of bricks of the new products currently known, I wonder if minifigures are included.

On 1/22/2021 at 6:19 AM, toopizza13 said:

also, with the set numbers we have now, im suprised there isnt a wildlife rescue helicopter, lego loves doing helicopters for city, so maybe there will be one in 60303 or 60307.

If there isn't a small 4-wide helicopter in one set this year, I'd be extremely surprised.

On 1/20/2021 at 12:56 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

Could it be:

My expectation is that it would be somewhat similar to the LEGO Friends Jungle Rescue sets from last year, sort of like how the LEGO City Ocean Explorers subtheme came out a year after LEGO Friends had its own Sea Life Rescue subtheme. That way, it could present a good opportunity to both continue the National Geographic partnership that LEGO City and LEGO Friends had last year, and to reuse some of the foliage-building pieces that those Friends sets used like the "finger leaf" and 3x3x5 round panel with arches.

Of course, it's also possible that with a name as broad as "wildlife rescue" it could also encompass multiple biomes, rather than being strictly jungle-based. But I wouldn't expect ocean animals to be a major part of it since they were such a big part of the Ocean Explorers subtheme, and LEGO would probably want this new subtheme to stand out from that one as much as possible. And if the biomes vary too sharply (like, say, some sets being arctic-inspired and others being rainforest-inspired), it could reduce the incentive for buyers to collect multiples and use them together in the same display or play scenarios.

Chances are that some of the animal molds in this subtheme would be totally new for novelty's sake, but there are also plenty of exotic animal molds that could be reused as-is or with new colors/decorations. For example, the chameleon from the Collectible MInifigures and Bookshop modular building has yet to appear in any City sets, so it would be a fantastic candidate for a Wildlife Rescue subtheme. And there are plenty of big cat species or color variants that could be reused using the existing big cat molds, like a white tiger or snow mold — and potentially even more by introducing a new body part mold that can be combined with the existing ones, like a maned head piece to represent an adult male lion. Likewise, with new head and body molds, the mammoth trunk could be a great start to a new LEGO elephant. Lots of possibilities to consider!

How many new animal molds did Friends get for their wildlife theme? I know they got 2 different elephants, a sloth and a panda and I think there was one more but I can't remember what it was.

53 minutes ago, jonwil said:

How many new animal molds did Friends get for their wildlife theme? I know they got 2 different elephants, a sloth and a panda and I think there was one more but I can't remember what it was.

The Friends panda wasn't new — it had shown up in 2014 with alternate printing in both the previous Jungle Rescue Base and the Panda's Bamboo animal pack. The only new-for-2020 animal molds in the 2020 Jungle Rescue sets were the mother and baby elephants, the sloth, and the alpaca (although that one technically debuted a few months earlier in Emma's Toy Store Play Cube).

So really not much more than the three new molds in the City Ocean Explorers sets (stingray, hammerhead shark, and anglerfish), and actually LESS than than the 2018 City Arctic sets (rat, sabretooth head, and mammoth head, trunk, and body).

Edited by Aanchir

6 minutes ago, LCP said:
I hope that one day a great product like the 7249 will be released.
In addition, 7893 or 7905.

7249 https://blog.naver.com/wonwoo0918/222217618080

7893 https://blog.naver.com/wonwoo0918/221777895194

7905 https://blog.naver.com/wonwoo0918/221632558247

Yeah we need new crane similar to those, but a set like 7893 isn't going to be seen soon because Lego did the passenger airplane set with a similar sized plane.