Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

14 hours ago, ks6349 said:

Why appearing a bit shiny should be criticized? Isn't it better to be more shiny?? Did you mean it is more easily scratched?

Shiny is ok, its just that they are shiny to the extent you can see your own reflection in them! If you display them next to older road plates or other DBG pieces, it looks different. I don't mind personally, but I thought I should say for fairness.

Scratches show up more if they are scratched, but they are not easier to scratch.

1 hour ago, Gobias1234 said:

It is clear that police must test better with kids time and again but I still can't help but be surprised that farming isn't sort of an omnipresent theme within the City line based on my own children's play and toy preferences.  Granted, I live in a heavily agricultural area and we are avid Lego animal seekers!

As a person who works on cars, I said the same thing about mechanics before 60258 came out. Police and Fire tests better on kids. But kids don't know the people who work on the vehicles and keep them running. 

4 hours ago, Stuartn said:

Shiny is ok, its just that they are shiny to the extent you can see your own reflection in them! If you display them next to older road plates or other DBG pieces, it looks different. I don't mind personally, but I thought I should say for fairness.

Scratches show up more if they are scratched, but they are not easier to scratch.

not easier to scratch.?????? I think they are just also Lego bricks isn't it???? made of new materials??

Edited by ks6349

1 hour ago, Brandon Pea said:

As a person who works on cars, I said the same thing about mechanics before 60258 came out. Police and Fire tests better on kids. But kids don't know the people who work on the vehicles and keep them running.

I wonder why ambulance sets are not made more regularly. I wholly agree that police and fire are more exciting and popular for kids, but ambulance sets could have the same appeal. I know general ambulances might be for a more mature consumer, but ambulance and rescue helicopters with working winches and planes would surely have a similar level of appeal at the very least? The ski resort set shows the potential variety in the theme.

2 hours ago, Stuartn said:

I wonder why ambulance sets are not made more regularly. I wholly agree that police and fire are more exciting and popular for kids, but ambulance sets could have the same appeal. I know general ambulances might be for a more mature consumer, but ambulance and rescue helicopters with working winches and planes would surely have a similar level of appeal at the very least? The ski resort set shows the potential variety in the theme.

Yeah! They could do like an automatic winch system for the helicopter and maybe a mobile hospital clinic. 

8 minutes ago, Xico26 said:

So @Powered by Bricksshould I buy the 60292 or the 60233? 

I think that you should buy 60292 because:

-The buildings are bigger than the toy shop and coffee shop from 60233

-It includes a lot of details, but less vehicles

-Road plates are included(more than the shopping street, the family house, the crook's hideout and the skate park) 

-And the thing who people don't care that much:the set includes 2 exclusive minifigures instead of a single one

If you like vehicles, the best option is the Donut Shop Opening, but if you like buildings more than vehicles 60292 is the perfect choice

My plans are to buy almost every single set:60097, 60200,60233(I already bought it) , 60271,60292 and 60306 are soon coming to my city 

Edited by Powered by Bricks

22 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

-Road plates are included(more than the shopping street, the family house, the crook's hideout and the skate park) 

Big plus for me

23 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

but less vehicles

I like the electric one :)

23 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

If you like vehicles, the best option is the Donut Shop Opening, but if you like buildings more than vehicles 60292 is the perfect choice

Well I would only go for the 60233 for the TV, thanks for the advice!

27 minutes ago, Xico26 said:

Well I would only go for the 60233 for the TV, thanks for the advice!

No problem! 

I bought the Donut Shop Opening because I like that kind of sets with buildings and vehicles and I like the great variety of vehicles and the buildings specifically the coffee shop, my favorite vehicle is the TV van, that set brought a taxi for the first time ever in this kind of set(it first appeared in a train station), but as I said before I will buy even more sets. 

My city is under construction: it does not have roads and some kind of buildings are missing, specially a fire station :sad:. I am now focusing in city sets similar to 60097 because all of them(60306 and 60271 are only available at Lego shop) are currently here for a great price. Time to buy some! 

Just now, Powered by Bricks said:

My city is under construction: it does not have roads and some kind of buildings are missing, specially a fire station :sad:. I am now focusing in city sets similar to 60097 because all of them(60306 and 60271 are only available at Lego shop) are currently here for a great price. Time to buy some! 

I'm also starting a city and looking for sets!

Where are you buying your sets? Fnac, OLX, Bricklink, ...?

Just now, Xico26 said:

I'm also starting a city and looking for sets!

Where are you buying your sets? Fnac, OLX, Bricklink, ...?

I bought my 2008 police headquarters at Olx used but complete for a good price of 55€,but when I buy new sets the stores I went to buy them are Fnac, Toys r Us and most of the time I buy my sets at supermarkets 

I bought my 2008 police headquarters at Olx used but complete for a good price of 55€,but when I buy new sets the stores I went to buy them are Fnac, Toys r Us and most of the time I buy my sets at supermarkets 

And the older sets? Only on OLX?

Yes, I never used Bricklink or ebay only OLX

Thx for the info!

Just now, Xico26 said:

OH thx!  I didn't wanted to buy from eBay and I was trying to look for someone who is selling the set nearby  

I found this one for a better price https://m.olx.pt/anuncio/lego-60097-60107-60164-60179-60207-60220-60213-60216-60228-60233-60240-IDBYp7E.html?query=Lego 60179

4 minutes ago, fo4saken said:

Meanwhile, my son's wip. He found some use idea for slope parts haha 

c381441367065827.jpg

The monster truck looks better without that magnet piece, the Stunt Sets could include a monster truck, I wish Lego does one for this summer subtheme 

2 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Yes, I never used Bricklink or ebay only OLX

What is OLX? for purchasing Lego? Any English version of it?

We know that the older road plates have hard time fitting other city buildings released in recent years because they mostly have no base plate and it's difficult to fit the "holes". How about the new road plates, does anyone have try and play it seriously? Could it fit other city or modular building nicely without too much "holes"?

OLX is selling/buying platform. New, used, job offers, cars... everything offered inside country (without selling abroad). Here in Poland it is very very popular, and personally I used it very often. 

Edited by fo4saken

22 minutes ago, ks6349 said:

What is OLX? for purchasing Lego? Any English version of it?

We know that the older road plates have hard time fitting other city buildings released in recent years because they mostly have no base plate and it's difficult to fit the "holes". How about the new road plates, does anyone have try and play it seriously? Could it fit other city or modular building nicely without too much "holes"?

Olx it's a site like eBay, where you can sell or buy all kinds of used or new stuff, it's very popular here in Portugal, I use it to buy LEGO for a great price