Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

Just now, El Garfio said:

Other sets with roadplates

10159-1.jpg?200710180621

10128-1.jpg

6551-1.jpg

1349-1.jpg

6374-2.jpg

Thanks for the pictures of these old sets. It brings a lot of memories. Do you have more?

Just now, ks6349 said:

Thanks for the pictures of these old sets. It brings a lot of memories. Do you have more?

1590-2.jpg

1620-2.jpg

6390-1.jpg

1589-1.jpg

1592-1.jpg

379-1.jpg

6375-2.jpg

381-2.jpg

6383-1.jpg

10 minutes ago, El Garfio said:

1590-2.jpg

1620-2.jpg

6390-1.jpg

1589-1.jpg

1592-1.jpg

379-1.jpg

6375-2.jpg

381-2.jpg

6383-1.jpg

Great sets ever. I wish Lego would re-release some of them one day

Just now, ks6349 said:

Great sets ever. I wish Lego would re-release some of them one day

With the new roadplates, LEGO could easily release a modern version of these sets

14 minutes ago, El Garfio said:

With the new roadplates, LEGO could easily release a modern version of these sets

Hope so....

1 hour ago, El Garfio said:

:pir-laugh:

I was talking about what it was the last before this year sets

It was this set 

7498-1.jpg?201012010513

But the last sets with road plates(without being included in buildings) were this sets

60237-1.jpg?201812041022

60236-1.jpg?201812041022

21 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

We are talking about 10 years ago

The list of city summer sets don't seem to include roadplates (unless they include roadplates in other colors)

This doesn't seem to be logic after LEGO publishing a comunication post about thar roadplates are here to substitute the old ones

Due to it, I posted that maybe the lack of roadplates in summer city sets is compensated with a bunch of creator buildings including roadplates

Edited by El Garfio

9 hours ago, ks6349 said:

I just hate 60292. It is ugly

I don't think so. The vehicles itself are very good designed, especially Container Truck. The car wash is enough big and solid, at least not as thin as pizza-museum-building nearby. 

8 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

It's my favorite 2021 set

So should I buy it... I'm afraid it's too small for the price... 

7 minutes ago, Xico26 said:

So should I buy it... I'm afraid it's too small for the price... 

Yea, the donut shop opening has the same number of pieces but It was cheaper than 60292,I got mine(60233) in December of 2019 for 59.99€ so I would buy 60292 in December again 

Just now, Powered by Bricks said:

Yea, the donut shop opening has the same number of pieces but It was cheaper than 60292,I got mine(60233) in December of 2019 for 59.99€ so I would buy 60292 in December again 

I also wanted the 60233... Which one should I pick first? I like the 60233 because of the TV and cafe, and the 60292 has the new roads, it would be useful...

I would rather save up the money for getting more tractors to get ready for the new City farm to be released soon. I wouldn't get the new city town ? center? unless the price is ridiculously low here

Edited by ks6349

55 minutes ago, ks6349 said:

I would rather save up the money for getting more tractors to get ready for the new City farm to be released soon. I wouldn't get the new city town ? center? unless the price is ridiculously low here

FARM?! Are you sure?!

6 minutes ago, ks6349 said:

The new City tractor is a sign

I don't think so, LEGO is starting doing changes for the City theme turning nature-related sets into normal city sets:

-The nature police turned into Classic Police without a Station or a headquarters 

-The exploration theme is gone:angel_sing:(I only liked the ocean exploration subtheme because it's more city related than artic, jungle and volcano) 

A new farm subtheme ain't going to come with this changes Lego did

12 minutes ago, ks6349 said:

The new City tractor is a sign

I'd wait and see. I said the same thing about the harvester transport. 

1 minute ago, Powered by Bricks said:

-The exploration theme is gone:angel_sing:(I only liked the ocean exploration subtheme because it's more city related than artic, jungle and volcano) 

Deep Sea and Space are the only ones I fight for. I only gave arctic a pass because of nostalgia from 2000.

The summer wave is still kinda lame with this enormous stunt vehicle wave taking up all the space except for 5. 

4 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

-The nature police turned into Classic Police without a Station or a headquarters 

I honestly think its better that way. The police sets are done in a more tasteful manner. They're also easy to ignore. 

5 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

I'd wait a see about that. 

53 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

I don't think so, LEGO is starting doing changes for the City theme turning nature-related sets into normal city sets:

we can side bet. a city farm will be released in the coming summer or the latest, next year, in the new year of 2022

I got this set today for $8060161_alt1.jpg?fit=bounds&format=jpg&qua

Other deals I have caught recently

for Lego-80107-Box-Front.jpgapprox. $60

The "Great Vehicles" line was never a sign for anything. We had the food trucks, tree transport truck, couple years later the forest tractor, harvesters and now a tractor, transports of boats, cars, bikes, several communal service vehicles, construction vehicles, tow trucks etc. It never amounted to anything, and it doesn't have to, it's just a line of different vehicles.
Maybe they will bring a farm if people buy the wildlife sets for the animals and TLC thinks they can print money with cows, pigs and sheeps.

For the new roads, it's just indicative of TLC's bad PR and planning.
They had a product (baseplates and roadplates) they abandoned for years with exceptions (modulars), now they bring in a new product because the old one is expensive for TLC, but the new one is more expensive for the consumer. They make it 2 plates high instead of just one, they make it 16x16 to keep it in line with the 8/16/32 system but because in the past they made their cars bigger it's now too small for most of their cars to be used in both directions simultaneously (which was the reason they changed the older roadplates from 16 to 20 studs wide roads).
They don't produce 16x32, 32x32 and 48x48 (or whatever) plates so you can't replace the respective baseplates. That there are not enough tiles in the sets to connect them or to close holes left by other stuff, that the crossing set has not enough traffic lights and street signs to be correct, all of that adds to the problems especially at the price point they are now. It's just a shame and could have been handled so much better.

I won't be getting any of the bigger new city sets except the hideout, the rest is just not enough bang for the buck and for me not even aesthetically pleasing.

Edited by rzmpf

Reading rxmpf comment, comes to my mind the creator sets of buildings made of "cubes"

Lego also sold them as the new standard, but two year later abandoned the "project"

With the new roadplates, unless Lego surprises us, seems there will be no roadplates in summer city sets

And summer sets are Xmas sets, at least in Spain, where summer sets don't arrive to toy shops until october

Funds permitting I intend to obtain all 4 of the City sets with the road plates (I bought the shopping street set already and will almost certainly be buying the town centre, the house and the skate park). Not interested in buying the road plate accessory pack since I likely wont be using the road plates themselves in MOCs :)

Not sure about the shopping street, but except for the family house I will get all the current street sets. The city house from Creator is visually much better than the family house.

I would LOVE an honest to goodness farm wave but wouldn't be surprised by an eventual Creator 3 and 1 set with a house/barn/ vehicle along with a smattering of brickbuilt animals instead.  Feels like that is how TLG aiming to satisfy AFOL wish lists without full waves or new product lines.

It is clear that police must test better with kids time and again but I still can't help but be surprised that farming isn't sort of an omnipresent theme within the City line based on my own children's play and toy preferences.  Granted, I live in a heavily agricultural area and we are avid Lego animal seekers!

General consensus here seems like the wildlife wave with likely be Safari.  I'm excited either way but am kind of hoping this is another opportunity to get a deer.  Perhaps a recolored HP otter?