Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

I have bought the shopping street already and will probably buy the Town Centre, Family House and Skate Park budget permitting. (I like the design plus buying them sends a message to TLG that we want more buildings)

Maybe the sports car (since I like Dark Azure so much) and maybe the tractor (because it looks neat)

15 hours ago, toopizza13 said:

nice! im hoping for something new, maybe even some sort of building. im guessing they wont do a new police station, they did 2 last year, so maybe a prison island? last one we got was in 2016 so its possible. i would also love a new police plane. 60307 is probably the main set for wildlife, but im not sure what it will have.

60278 i love, and i will pick it up first day. i like the swat van and the building is awesome. 60312 im hoping is the D2C set of the year, with a big town plan set. im hoping if we get that we get a grocery store or a harbor.

also, what happened to 60259 and 60269? one of them was listed as a D2C last year, and nothing happened with it. im guessing these are cancelled sets due to covid.

I've never heard of 60259, 60269 products.
Where can I find the information?
If it were released, it might have a good configuration.

What could the 60308 set be?? Some kind of Bank with robbers and road plates? Thanks @LCP for the info!

9 minutes ago, Xico26 said:

What could the 60308 set be?? Some kind of Bank with robbers and road plates? Thanks @LCP for the info!

I don't think so, last year we had a bank set with robbers and a small mobile police unit, I hope that set 60308 could be a mobile police unit:my favorite police vehicle, I wish they could do a new version of this set 

7743-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

They haven't done a big one last year, if the set ain't going to be a mobile police unit, it could be a pontoon plane

Edited by Powered by Bricks

Just now, Powered by Bricks said:

I don't think so, last year we had a bank set with robbers and a small mobile police unit, I hope that set 60308 could be a mobile police unit:my favorite police vehicle, I wish they could do a new version of this set 

7743-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

I have the 60044, but that one looks great! And I'm glad that the 500 pieces Wildlife set won't cost 99,99€

And although I have the Police Station 60047 (2014) the older ones look better and more realistic. Even the 60141 looks a bit better (in my opinion)

6 minutes ago, Xico26 said:

I have the 60044, but that one looks great! And I'm glad that the 500 pieces Wildlife set won't cost 99,99€

And although I have the Police Station 60047 (2014) the older ones look better and more realistic. Even the 60141 looks a bit better (in my opinion)

I have 60139,7744 and 60141(I bought 7744 used last year) but I want to expand my police collection, I want to buy more police stations:7237(2006 version), 7498 and 60246

1 minute ago, El Garfio said:

Nobody contemplates that it would be a bunch of creator sets with roadplates for summer

We are talking about City sets, not Creator...

3 minutes ago, El Garfio said:

Nobody contemplates that it would be a bunch of creator sets with roadplates for summer

Creator? Or you mean city? 

I never heard about creator sets with road plates 

Just now, Xico26 said:

We are talking about City sets, not Creator...

Of course

But if there is a bunch of creator buildings for summer, it could justificate the lack of buildings in the city sets for summer

I wonder if the camper 60283 will have something common with new Wildlife theme as it fits into these words at some point.

0773e51366866795.jpg

Also I'm thinking will Lego would have an idea to make these new road plates in different colors to imitate fe. grass or sand fields. Not all as roads but as an extention to connect with city roads let's say upcoming 60307 Wildlife camp if you know what I mean (we can attach almost everything to these 16x16 plates; just take a look on the family house 60291 where hockey is possible).

It's bit hard to me, to imagine how 60296 Stunt show arena's included roads will match with what? rounded arena entry? Just straight from the road to the arena?

Just now, fo4saken said:

Also I'm thinking will Lego would have an idea to make these new road plates in different colors to imitate fe. grass or sand fields. Not all as roads but as an extention to connect with city roads let's say upcoming 60307 Wildlife camp if you know what I mean (we can attach almost everything to these 16x16 plates; just take a look on the family house 60291 where hockey is possible).

Hmmm... That sounds like a good idea... And it would give the new roadplates a HUGE advantage

25 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Creator? Or you mean city? 

I never heard about creator sets with road plates 

And how old was the last city set with roadplates?

7 minutes ago, fo4saken said:

It's bit hard to me, to imagine how 60296 Stunt show arena's included roads will match with what? rounded arena entry? Just straight from the road to the arena?

Having roadplates in diferent colors may let include them in other series like expert, ideas, friends, or licensed sets

IMHO, it's strange that LEGO release the new roadplates (send an official comunication saying about that they are its new standard) and then set them aside in the next bunch of city sets

Just now, El Garfio said:

And how old was the last city set with roadplates?

This year...

7 minutes ago, El Garfio said:

IMHO, it's strange that LEGO release the new roadplates (send an official comunication saying about that they are its new standard) and then set them aside in the next bunch of city sets

We still don't know that...

:pir-laugh:

I was talking about what it was the last before this year sets

Never I think

Error!

Fire and police station included roadplates in the early 2000

Which ones? And am I supposed to know everything?!

2 minutes ago, Xico26 said:

Which ones? And am I supposed to know everything?!

This one for example

7498-1.jpg?201012010513

Also this one

7945-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

Edited by El Garfio

This one for example

I don't think that is a road plate...

30 minutes ago, fo4saken said:

Maybe rounded ramps attached with a tile or a piece like this?

4654582.jpg

6 hours ago, Stuartn said:

I have got a few copies of 60304 due to lower than expected prices at Australian stores and I am hesitantly eyeing of 60291, but I might wait to see if a 20% off sale comes around soon. Other than that I don't think I will get anything else.

I think they work very well. My only criticism is that they do appear a bit shiny, but rubbing a tyre part against them removes the sheen, the white printing is a different white to any other white pieces, but that doesn't bother me as much. I am glad we got the crossing sign printed. The similar sign appear as a sticker from 2009, but I think the printed version is much better.

On another note, since we seem to be going back to 4-wide vehicles partially now, does anyone else wish that part 92409 was used in place 87697 or 11209 as it was for two cars in the City Garage set, I much prefer the smaller wheels that do not stick out past the mudguards.

Why appearing a bit shiny should be criticized? Isn't it better to be more shiny?? Did you mean it is more easily scratched?