Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

2 minutes ago, LCP said:
The news just came up in Stonewars, and 60308 is coming out in a police series.

Thanks for the information @LCP!

So 60307 and 60308 weren't what I expected 

60307 is Called Wildlife camp(probably the base?) and 60308 like you said is a police set, a summer police again, what could be now? I want a mobile police unit or a police pontoon plane, the newest mobile police unit it's the worst I ever seen:just a small van, and the last police waterplane was so small(I got the 2015 one but I want a bigger plane) 

Any thoughts for what set 60308 could be? 

8 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Thanks for the information @LCP!

So 60307 and 60308 weren't what I expected 

60307 is Called Wildlife camp(probably the base?) and 60308 like you said is a police set, a summer police again, what could be now? I want a mobile police unit or a police pontoon plane, the newest mobile police unit it's the worst I ever seen:just a small van, and the last police waterplane was so small(I got the 2015 one but I want a bigger plane) 

Any thoughts for what set 60308 could be? 

I didn't see it. There was 60307 product.
I think the 60308 product is a mobile police unit.

I'm kind of surprised they don't make more bus sets, I remember playing with my toy cars when I was little and buses were always good as they move around the town, city, playmat a lot, lots of stories to tell, I think that if they released one within the great vehicles subtheme it would do well, because it would be a reasonable price, and easily be widely accessible as it would be sold in most supermarkets due to the size and price of the great vehicle theme.

12 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

At the same time, you can't tell someone how to feel about those sets being in the City theme though. 

I’m not sure why you just said that? I don’t think I do anything wrong?

21 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m not sure why you just said that? I don’t think I do anything wrong?

I'm saying "you" as in people in general. Not talking about you in specific. That Maple guy isn't the first person I've encountered that has done that. 

14 minutes ago, ks6349 said:

Which new 2021 City sets have you guys bought recently??

I haven't gotten any. I haven't gotten the chance to get to a Lego store yet. The department stores near my house still have 2019 and early 2020 sets on the shelves. I may get my chance next Tuesday as it's my day off. 

Btw Ks, it's been a while buddy. How are you?

Edited by Brandon Pea

46 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

I'm saying "you" as in people in general. Not talking about you in specific. That Maple guy isn't the first person I've encountered that has done that. 

Ohh gotcha! At first, I was confsued but thanks for clarifying it up!

1 hour ago, ks6349 said:

I havne’t decided on what to buy a few City sets yet. :) 

52 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

I'm saying "you" as in people in general. Not talking about you in specific.

They really should invent a plural 2nd person pronoun to separate it from the singular one. Like it's done in many other languages. :P

1 hour ago, ks6349 said:

So far I got most of the sets that include the new road plates (to try those out) not including the shopping street yet as well as some vehicles like the camper and sports car.

9 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

The winter wave is outstanding. I've pretty much decided to get everything in this picture and then some. Perfect score for this wave. 

LEGO-City-Crooks-Hideout-60278.jpg

Summer wave.....I'm not so sure. Too much emphasis on one thing that hasn't even proven successful. Could've used some of the bricks for a small scale coast guard wave and some Octan race car sets or something. I would like to see F1 cars make a comeback in City. Maybe a nod to the ones from the 90s. Especially a green car with the number 6 or black car with the number 1. Funny I had all the cars from that line as a child. 

5 minutes ago, Salix said:

They really should invent a plural 2nd person pronoun to separate it from the singular one. Like it's done in many other languages. :P

LOL

Edited by Brandon Pea

3 hours ago, LCP said:
The news just came up in Stonewars, and 60308 is coming out in a police series.

nice! im hoping for something new, maybe even some sort of building. im guessing they wont do a new police station, they did 2 last year, so maybe a prison island? last one we got was in 2016 so its possible. i would also love a new police plane. 60307 is probably the main set for wildlife, but im not sure what it will have.

60278 i love, and i will pick it up first day. i like the swat van and the building is awesome. 60312 im hoping is the D2C set of the year, with a big town plan set. im hoping if we get that we get a grocery store or a harbor.

also, what happened to 60259 and 60269? one of them was listed as a D2C last year, and nothing happened with it. im guessing these are cancelled sets due to covid.

Edited by toopizza13

2 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

I haven't gotten any. I haven't gotten the chance to get to a Lego store yet. The department stores near my house still have 2019 and early 2020 sets on the shelves. I may get my chance next Tuesday as it's my day off. 

Btw Ks, it's been a while buddy. How are you?

Hi. How are you

This year I am more experienced now. I do not rush to get new sets like what I did in the past. I am waiting for the prices to go down. For example, I got the ice cream truck for approx. $16.99 last year when it was first released but in fact they are now sold here for $11.99

1 hour ago, Salix said:

So far I got most of the sets that include the new road plates (to try those out) not including the shopping street yet as well as some vehicles like the camper and sports car.

How is the new road plates? Nice?

1 hour ago, Brandon Pea said:

The winter wave is outstanding. I've pretty much decided to get everything in this picture and then some. Perfect score for this wave. 

LEGO-City-Crooks-Hideout-60278.jpg

Summer wave.....I'm not so sure. Too much emphasis on one thing that hasn't even proven successful. Could've used some of the bricks for a small scale coast guard wave and some Octan race car sets or something. I would like to see F1 cars make a comeback in City. Maybe a nod to the ones from the 90s. Especially a green car with the number 6 or black car with the number 1. Funny I had all the cars from that line as a child. 

LOL

60278??? why I didn't see it before?

This "connected city" is not appealing to me. I wish Lego would be making improvement in the summer

Edited by ks6349

2 minutes ago, ks6349 said:

Hi. How are you

This year I am more experienced now. I do not rush to get new sets like what I did in the past. I am waiting for the prices to go down. For example, I got the ice cream truck for approx. $16.99 last year when it was first released but in fact they are now sold here for $11.99

I'm doing very well. Much better since we have to collect fares from passengers again. 

I agree with you whole heartedly on that one. I don't rush to get new sets either. But I decided to make an exception for 2021 as there are a lot of awesome sets. One of the ones being a stationary pizzeria with a car wash, something we haven't gotten in a long time. For those people who will be ready to point out the one that was included in the 2019 garage center set, yeah....I don't really count 4+. I also plan to pick up shopping street. 

Just now, ks6349 said:

This "connected city" is not appealing to me. I wish Lego would be making improvement in the summer

I don't mind it much. Its a nice change. It'll give me some time to make new plans for my town. Its a good thing my town doesn't have roads yet. 

Just now, ks6349 said:

I will get skate park and the 60291, I will give up other buildings

That's first on my list. 

Just now, Brandon Pea said:

I don't mind it much. Its a nice change. It'll give me some time to make new plans for my town. Its a good thing my town doesn't have roads yet. 

That's first on my list. 

I have got a lot of 4+ garbage truck and one 4+ passenger plane for my airport 10159

32 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

I'm doing very well. Much better since we have to collect fares from passengers again. 

I agree with you whole heartedly on that one. I don't rush to get new sets either. But I decided to make an exception for 2021 as there are a lot of awesome sets. One of the ones being a stationary pizzeria with a car wash, something we haven't gotten in a long time. For those people who will be ready to point out the one that was included in the 2019 garage center set, yeah....I don't really count 4+. I also plan to pick up shopping street. 

I want to buy the city center as my first 2021 set, I didn't have any set from 2021(last set I bought was the ocean exploration ship) 

33 minutes ago, ks6349 said:

This "connected city" is not appealing to me. 

And this one? 

2 hours ago, toopizza13 said:

60312 im hoping is the D2C set of the year, with a big town plan set. im hoping if we get that we get a grocery store or a harbor.

I didn't heard about 60312,what it could be? 

4 hours ago, Salix said:

We southerners already have one, y'all!

9 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

I want to buy the city center as my first 2021 set, I didn't have any set from 2021(last set I bought was the ocean exploration ship) 

And this one? 

I didn't heard about 60312,what it could be? 

I just hate 60292. It is ugly

13 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I have got a few copies of 60304 due to lower than expected prices at Australian stores and I am hesitantly eyeing of 60291, but I might wait to see if a 20% off sale comes around soon. Other than that I don't think I will get anything else.

11 hours ago, ks6349 said:

How is the new road plates? Nice?

I think they work very well. My only criticism is that they do appear a bit shiny, but rubbing a tyre part against them removes the sheen, the white printing is a different white to any other white pieces, but that doesn't bother me as much. I am glad we got the crossing sign printed. The similar sign appear as a sticker from 2009, but I think the printed version is much better.

On another note, since we seem to be going back to 4-wide vehicles partially now, does anyone else wish that part 92409 was used in place 87697 or 11209 as it was for two cars in the City Garage set, I much prefer the smaller wheels that do not stick out past the mudguards.