Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

Going to save a lot of money, because nothing in this new wave seems to be something I like. Wildlife rescue after they already have that theme in Friends but with only 3 sets?

Just one more thing about Crooks Hideout... Helicopter has got 2 knobs as I spot. One is at the end of the tail and it definitely do something and second one is on the top of the rotor, I'm not sure it has got a job to do or it is simply finish element.

There could be two actions; one for rotating rotors and second for pulling in and pulling out the rope.

be3ac81366469646.jpg

1 hour ago, fo4saken said:

Just one more thing about Crooks Hideout... Helicopter has got 2 knobs as I spot. One is at the end of the tail and it definitely do something and second one is on the top of the rotor, I'm not sure it has got a job to do or it is simply finish element.

There could be two actions; one for rotating rotors and second for pulling in and pulling out the rope.

I am afraid the rope just hangs there, the knob at the back should spin the Blades, so the one at the top is just decorative i think.

@TuffTuffTuff @Salix there is another solution... Just simply put the new road plate directly on the track and connect it. A small ramp will form; because road pieces are not too big like old 32x32 ones, tilt angle is more natural and not so ugly if I can say so. It will never be perfect or proper but there are always some options we can live with. And I accept that :grin:

ee41ef1366474210.jpg

i agree. it looks good, but it is a little bit illegal :P

as for the people arguing about the connectivity with standard baseplates and modulars... just sprinkle some (2x2 or other size) plates under the baseplate, and it is exactly 2 plates high.

Edited by SollX

10 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

It doesn't have coast guard!!!!!

:damn:

I am very sad that there is no coast guard.:pir-bawling:

26 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

It doesn't have coast guard!!!!!

:damn:

Tell me about it. My town needs a coast guard headquarters. One that's not so expensive. 

9 minutes ago, Xico26 said:

Maybe we can still have a surprise!

Maybe.....and only maybe. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

27 minutes ago, LCP said:

This is an airline promotion product that I have, and I hope this product will be released again....

https://blog.naver.com/wonwoo0918/222206533443

If we get a new one it would be like this 2016 set

60116-1.jpg?201511180804

I want to buy this set, My city has a hospital but it needs medical vehicles 

Edited by Powered by Bricks

Meh... I believe that summer sets is just a big fake or a someone's wishlist, but not the reality. They aren't City sets at all.

Just now, kovalscky said:

Meh... I believe that summer sets is just a big fake or a someone's wishlist, but not the reality. They aren't City sets at all.

But the Spanish Retailer Libreriatilos says they're real sets, the retailer was the one who revealed the summer list. 

2 hours ago, kovalscky said:

I wish I could say the same. But it's real as it could get...and here I thought the 2021 wave of City was going to be awesome. So awesome that even the sets that sucked were easy to ignore. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

18 hours ago, Maple said:

60309-Selfie Stunt Bike-14 Pieces 9.99€

60310-Chicken Stunt Bike-11 Pieces 9.99€

60311-Fire Stunt Bike 10 Pieces 9.99€

SOOOOOO....... Any guesses on why they are so expensive and what a Chicken stunt bike would be?

There are six sets like this, all stunt bikes, all 10 - 14 pieces, and all at a 9.99 price point. In this regard they most remind me of the Mario suit power-up packs from the Super Mario theme. I suppose it's possible that Lego could be introducing an 'interactive gaming experience' into this city subtheme.

I am happy that they aren't doing Coast Guard and instead are doing something with animals (hopefully some new animals like we got last year in the underwater sets and not just the same animals we already have)

At best Coast Guard would likely include yet more sharks as animals (if that)

Just now, jonwil said:

I am happy that they aren't doing Coast Guard and instead are doing something with animals (hopefully some new animals like we got last year in the underwater sets and not just the same animals we already have)

At best Coast Guard would likely include yet more sharks as animals (if that)

I disagree. Coast Guard would be an opponent to utilize more of the animals used in last year's Divers wave. Instead of most of the stunt sets, Lego could've made room for a coast guard revival. No excuses Lego. 

Better yet, coast guard alongside the needed stunt sets and the wildlife subtheme would've been perfect as the three could tie in perfectly with each other. Wildlife could have a set where they rescue a washed up sea creature and they have to call the coast guard. Stunt team can have some type of stunt jetski. 

48 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

Better yet, coast guard alongside the needed stunt sets and the wildlife subtheme would've been perfect as the three could tie in perfectly with each other. Wildlife could have a set where they rescue a washed up sea creature and they have to call the coast guard. Stunt team can have some type of stunt jetski. 

Good ideas @Brandon Pea

I didn't like the new summer wave that much, I was hoping for a new coast guard subtheme this year but instead of that, Lego does new subthemes, this wave was what I wanted:No exploration sets! Lego City is a theme based on city, not nature. When I saw the January wave I liked it because it didn't have nature sets(except the tractor) but now they are going to do 3 nature sets :wall:

But my hopes for what sets 60307 and 60308 could be civilian based sets:60307 can be a d2c(harbor, big set with shops.....) and 60308 can be a 50€ set(bus with bus stop, building...) 

If those unknown sets show up as civilian sets, I'm going to like the summer wave

45 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Good ideas @Brandon Pea

I didn't like the new summer wave that much, I was hoping for a new coast guard subtheme this year but instead of that, Lego does new subthemes, this wave was what I wanted:No exploration sets! Lego City is a theme based on city, not nature. When I saw the January wave I liked it because it didn't have nature sets(except the tractor) but now they are going to do 3 nature sets :wall:

But my hopes for what sets 60307 and 60308 could be civilian based sets:60307 can be a d2c(harbor, big set with shops.....) and 60308 can be a 50€ set(bus with bus stop, building...) 

If those unknown sets show up as civilian sets, I'm going to like the summer wave

Ikr! Lego City is supposed to be a theme about kid friendly action based on realistic city life. 

1 hour ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Lego City is a theme based on city, not nature.

There has been about 10 City building sets in the last 20 years. City sets every summer are based on nature, Jungle, Volcano, Arctic, Spaceport. City is a theme based on what sells, no what you want.