Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

Looking at the picture, it doesn't seem to make much difference except that the height of the road is different.
It seems to suit you quite a bit.

16 minutes ago, LCP said:
Looking at the picture, it doesn't seem to make much difference except that the height of the road is different.
It seems to suit you quite a bit.

What do you mean with it seems to suit me?

The difference is that the new roads are 4 studs smaller in width than the current ones.

17 minutes ago, The Jersey Brick Guy said:

The difference is that the new roads are 4 studs smaller in width than the current ones.

That’s two rows of tiles if you want it to meet. Personally, though, one of the things I like about the new roads is that they get rid of the odd 20-stud width with 6-stud curbs in favor of multiples of eight studs (which work more naturally with base sizes like those of the modular buildings).

4 hours ago, The Jersey Brick Guy said:

I can’t either now. I’ll jump on my computer and redo the link. 

This is such a hassle, Eurobricks doesn’t make it easy to show pictures. Here’s a link: https://m.imgur.com/gallery/yhlz2e5

Not bad. Given that my town doesn't have any roads yet, this will buy me time to redo the road system plan in my town. It'll be much easier given that I have plans to obtain a LOT of the 2021 sets. 

2 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Right click image: copy image location. On EB: insert other media, insert image from URL.

L2724hk.jpeg

That's what I do when I need to put up a picture. I just link its url. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

Brickset has a review of the 60287 Tractor up. There's a new 2x2x2/3 grill piece that appears in both black and tan. I usually take a pass on the farm sets, and I'll probably only get the parts I want from this from Bricks & Pieces, but there are a number of good parts here nonetheless.

6 minutes ago, fo4saken said:

d4aa121364575450.jpg

First 2021 set is in da house baby. Wish you all Happy New Year guys :pir-huzzah1:

Man......look at that piece of awesomeness. Are you going to get the city center too?

1 hour ago, fo4saken said:

d4aa121364575450.jpg

First 2021 set is in da house baby. Wish you all Happy New Year guys :pir-huzzah1:

I think 60306 is a great product in person.
Happy New Year!

2 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

Man......look at that piece of awesomeness. Are you going to get the city center too?

Yep, 60292 city center and 60304 roads will arrive on Monday unfortunately. 

On the side note, there is totally 5 2x1 glowing pieces in this set (2 are in lanterns, 1 in the bike shop above the entrance which is frankly quite cool and 2 are unused in the service truck's box) so it's quite satisfactable and useful.

On 12/29/2020 at 11:46 PM, The Jersey Brick Guy said:

There seems to have been a problem in the translation process.
I meant that the new road would fit in with the old one.

7 hours ago, fo4saken said:

Yep, 60292 city center and 60304 roads will arrive on Monday unfortunately. 

On the side note, there is totally 5 2x1 glowing pieces in this set (2 are in lanterns, 1 in the bike shop above the entrance which is frankly quite cool and 2 are unused in the service truck's box) so it's quite satisfactable and useful.

Yup! I'll take it. Are the roads wide enough to accommodate two 6 stud wide cars side by side?

Glowing pieces need some really strong light to glow, I used torch to light them up and effect was even fine

f1d5551364697086.jpg

@Brandon Peabarely but you can extend them if you have got enough dark grey tiles

32aa581364697088.jpg

Just now, fo4saken said:

@Brandon Peabarely but you can extend them if you have got enough dark grey tiles

32aa581364697088.jpg

That's good enough for me. Btw, I love what you did with the bank piece from 60245. That should put to rest any complaints about it not being compatible with already established towns. 

We (...well, my son) don't have any settled city, he just put out random sets, he builds what he need and simply has got a fun time... As fe. this rubber over the bike and lantern lol. I rly hope this will change for him with the new 2021 sets (I mean buildings).

But it's true, current poor/simple 'buildings', like this bank for example  will be much easier to attach to these new roads. With old plates it was always an issue because of plate height.

Edit: my son's idea :wink:

34dcfd1364733591.jpg

Edited by fo4saken

12 hours ago, fo4saken said:

Glowing pieces need some really strong light to glow, I used torch to light them up and effect was even fine

f1d5551364697086.jpg

32aa581364697088.jpg

It looks even cooler with bike paths.

6 hours ago, LCP said:
It is a foil pack product that is scheduled to be released in February.
It looks similar to 952003.

Wow! That's cool. 2021 is a great year already for City sets. The last great year we really had was in 2017. That's just my opinion though. I say great instead of good because if I were to say good, 2020 would be the last good year we had for City. Though most of the helicopter sets kinda stank because of that pull cord function. I'm just glad Lego abolished that project for City as it obviously doesn't work for the theme. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

9 hours ago, LCP said:
It is a foil pack product that is scheduled to be released in February.
It looks similar to 952003.

The next one will be a excavator/bulldozer vehicle, it reminds me of this

https://images.brickset.com/sets/large/952003-1.jpg?202003240952 

Edited by Powered by Bricks

On 12/31/2020 at 3:51 PM, fo4saken said:

f1d5551364697086.jpg

32aa581364697088.jpg

I'm sorry to be negative, but did that construction worker bludgeon that poor woman with a hammer?

9 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

Wow! That's cool. 2021 is a great year already for City sets. The last great year we really had was in 2017. That's just my opinion though. I say great instead of good because if I were to say good, 2020 would be the last good year we had for City. Though most of the helicopter sets kinda stank because of that pull cord function. I'm just glad Lego abolished that project for City as it obviously doesn't work for the theme. 

I'm so sad that this cool set has not been released in Korea.
There are so many helicopters out there that I hope they'll stop.
Or I hope the design will be improved.

For my 2 cents

1. Given the traditional roadplate has been around for 40+ years in a couple of versions, and given the number of towns and cities that have been built over the decades by kids and AFOLs across the globe, I'm a bit disappointed that LEGO won't run both systems temporarily as the transition is made (ie continue to sell road plates as an option).

2. Personally I don't believe the two systems work well together, unless there is some logical 'in-world' transition (ie - old town with road plates, and a shiny new part of the City with buildings to match) but that's to each their own.

3.  I will stick with the older roadplates as my town as reached it's limit, the added cost of conversion, plus I think the new narrower roads are really tight on 6 wide vehicles. and the roads don't look great with the gloss (though easier to wipe I suppose). On the other hand, if I was starting from scratch or had only a building or two, I'd probably make the leap to the new roads and make them work and see what new possibilities they open up.