Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

I've been keeping an eye on this discussion for a while and considered stepping in a couple of times when I feared it would get out of hand. You are free to share your opinions here and I by no means mean to shut anyone up or single anyone out, but please keep it civilised. It looks like there are some people with pretty strong opinions on both sides of the argument and, as an outside observer, I don't see either side convince the other. I don't think it should necessarily be the purpose of a discussion thread to make people change their mind. Please keep that in mind when replying.

Anyway, enjoy the holidays everyone. :sweet:

Just now, Rick said:

I've been keeping an eye on this discussion for a while and considered stepping in a couple of times when I feared it would get out of hand. You are free to share your opinions here and I by no means mean to shut anyone up or single anyone out, but please keep it civilised. It looks like there are some people with pretty strong opinions on both sides of the argument and, as an outside observer, I don't see either side convince the other. I don't think it should necessarily be the purpose of a discussion thread to make people change their mind. Please keep that in mind when replying.

Anyway, enjoy the holidays everyone. :sweet:

I agree! Like I said in an earlier comment, it's not our place to tell others how to feel. 

Merry Christmas!

Just now, ks6349 said:

one more week to go before the new city sets are released

Bro! I saw some at Target the other day. I was shocked. I was like "This is probably Lego's way of saying sorry for making us wait so long for the last wave due to the pandemic!".

27 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

Bro! I saw some at Target the other day. I was shocked. I was like "This is probably Lego's way of saying sorry for making us wait so long for the last wave due to the pandemic!".

What did you mean ?I don't understand

13 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

In other words, they released some of them early. 

which sets? any links?

26 minutes ago, BrickfordCityFire said:

I have personally noticed a lot of the new city stuff on shelves already.

offline store or web store?

31 minutes ago, ks6349 said:

offline store or web store?

Offline. I think there are a few toy stores in Canada and Northern US that put them out early. Don't quite remember which ones.

The new sets are supposed to be street dated for Jan 1. Some stores are following those dates, while others are just putting on the shelves whatever inventory they have in stock. I know the Targets and Walmart’s around me are wiped clean, so some of the managers will put up stuff they’re not supposed to as to not loose Christmas shoppers. 

3 hours ago, ks6349 said:

which sets? any links?

No links. It was in the store. Not online. I saw the road plates, the tractor, race buggy transport and shopping street. 

5 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

No links. It was in the store. Not online. I saw the road plates, the tractor, race buggy transport and shopping street. 

what were the prices? original official price?/

Just now, ks6349 said:

what were the prices? original official price?/

Official prices. The race buggy and tractor were around 20 bucks. I think shopping street was around 60 or 70. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

4 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

Official prices. The race buggy and tractor were around 20 bucks. I think shopping street was around 60 or 70. 

20 bucks too expensive

they will be sold on Amazon for 11 or 12 when the deal comes

Müller in Germany from today on allows for preordering the new sets. It says that in two days you can start picking them up at the shop. Prices are SRP.
I will probably wait a few days for the first new set deals and then use my Müller coupouns for getting one of the new street sets.

You can already order some of the new stuff from multiple online stores, usually 10-20% off, the fire sets, smaller police sets (no boat), the skate park, family home and city center. No great vehicles.

The new City sets are also available overhere in the Netherlands on LEGO.com. But I'm waiting for them to become available at other Dutch webshops as I've already seen a webshop where they're 15% off. :)

Most part of the new city sets are already available here in Portugal at Toys r us, the police boat, the car transporter and the shopping street aren't available yet(the hideout too) 

Edited by Powered by Bricks

For those that are wondering how seamless the new roads will be with the old ones, I present this:

fewdL1vnI9Ml48TMBuoYDl01NWDqj7DC8PaUhgY_ 

The new road surface appears to be 4 studs smaller than the current roads, so it will take some work to make everything uniform in your city if you decide to go that route.

11 hours ago, The Jersey Brick Guy said:

For those that are wondering how seamless the new roads will be with the old ones, I present this:

fewdL1vnI9Ml48TMBuoYDl01NWDqj7DC8PaUhgY_ 

The new road surface appears to be 4 studs smaller than the current roads, so it will take some work to make everything uniform in your city if you decide to go that route.

I can't see the picture.