Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

60290 "Skate Park" - 195 pieces, 29.99 euros

Nice set, but there is a 9.99 euros car with no more else

Well four minifigs but you are paying them very expensive

60291 "Family House" - 388 pieces, 49.99 euros

It's the tipical Creator set that you should pay 60-70€ without roads and only one or two minifigs. Very "square" and simple, but three floors building

60306 "Shopping Street" - 533 pieces

Two simple but well executed shops

Two 9.99 euros vehicles and some extra personal transport items

6 minifigs

Two and half road plates

60292 "Town Center" - 790 parts, 99.99 euros

Too much money for one simple building

We have a 20 euros vehicle set, 20 euro road plate set and some filling things

Nine minifigs is a plus, but I preffer pay the same or 10 euros more for the family house plus the shopping street

2 hours ago, El Garfio said:

Why Lego does this kind of weird things?

review_1220_6029105.jpg

If there is the piece in white

They have a limited amount of storage for their Lego parts, and that is why a lot of parts are used in different sets and themes. If there is no other set in 2021 with that brick in white, it makes more sense to use a color that is used in another set.

4 hours ago, El Garfio said:

Don't complain and appreciate it's just tan and not pink. :devil:

I really like new roads :) I really do. Apart from my humble wishes like medical stuff (new ambulance) or bus, I wonder what Lego can actually figure out for summer wave, speaking in matter of sets with new road plates. I mean, we can expect hideout 60278 but what else they can provide?

57 minutes ago, fo4saken said:

Apart from my humble wishes like medical stuff (new ambulance) or bus, I wonder what Lego can actually figure out for summer wave, speaking in matter of sets with new road plates.

We "just" had a hospital in 2018, so it's gonna be a few more years until the new one is released in 2024 since hospitals seem to come every 6 years... :(

I also wish for more medical stuff. I guess last year's ski resort was also kinda medical. I do like how we're getting more city stuff this winter wave instead of just more police and firefighters.

My final words on the upcoming winter 2021 wave. Well.....I think Tom Hanks put it best.

"I'm actually excited about this! I mean it! I really am!"

Another weird detail

LEGO-City-60304-Road-Plates-TBB-Review-2

Wash your hands poster instead of a mirror, but the weirdest thing is that there is no tap in the sink

11 hours ago, El Garfio said:

And there is also the white version of the W 4 knobs

The real answer is that varying the colors of similar-looking parts helps to prevent confusion. I'm pretty sure this is the style with four knobs in dark tan—and I think some of the other details on the walls use the style with two knobs and the ones with no side knobs in colors like grey and white. If all three styles of part were in the same color, it would be easy to mistake one for the other early in the build and be left with the wrong one later (since the version with two studs looks identical to the version with four studs on one side and the version with no studs on the other).

@Salix they could refresh 2012 set number 4431, ambulance itself without hospital. It's my wish :pir_tong2:

Just watched this 

and will get it for sure. Looks way better than stills.

Edited by fo4saken

On 10/6/2020 at 4:51 PM, toopizza13 said:

all fire, great vehicles and town have been leaked in greater detail. im so impressed these are nice sets!

woah and 60278 aswell, wow.

now all we are missing is some police sets! 

2 hours ago, El Garfio said:

Another weird detail

LEGO-City-60304-Road-Plates-TBB-Review-2

Wash your hands poster instead of a mirror, but the weirdest thing is that there is no tap in the sink

A minifig could tap their foot on the sink. It is at moments like that where you have to broaden your imagination. 

With the usual discounts the City Center is quite fair and the dojo is still acceptable in depth for what it is.

I hope for transit system buildings and cars, quite some time has passed since we had the last City Bus, Train Station etc. Modular Streets will allow for quite some interesting new designs.

I'm really loving the road plates. I have this idea for a small beach road that I can never get going enough to do it. The baseplates might get me motivated.

I think these are probably the best City sets since City became City and are almost as good as World City. :wink:

You know, I was a bit bothered by the proportions of the car wash in the Town Center, but I think it makes more sense after realizing that LEGO probably intends for it to be compatible with both cars and trucks. Most real-world automatic car washes have a much smaller height clearance, but a lot of kids would probably be frustrated about a LEGO City car wash not being compatible with a lot of their City vehicles, even if you explained to them that car washes in real life often have the same restrictions.

As tall as the car wash in this set is, it still has a height clearance of only ten studs, whereas the Holiday Camper Van has a total height of nine bricks and two plates tall — just small enough to fit through without scraping against the roof! So I definitely get the sense that the designers put a lot of thought into this aspect of the set's design.

Just now, Maple said:

I'm really loving the road plates. I have this idea for a small beach road that I can never get going enough to do it. The baseplates might get me motivated.

I think these are probably the best City sets since City became City and are almost as good as World City. :wink:

Yeah, I've definitely felt more motivated to start thinking more about designing city layouts than I have in years! Previously, trying to come up with a road system I'd be happy with was as far as I actually got in terms of city planning, so having an option that allows for most of the sort of features I wanted to see that road baseplates is finally helping me move forward with some of those ideas.

That said, since my wife and I share a 1-bedroom apartment and recently adopted two kittens, it might be some time before I feel comfortable trying to build any sort of elaborate layout IRL. Presently the LEGO sets we have here with us are limited to what we can fit on top of our bookshelves. But then, those sort of space constraints are yet another advantage of this new system compared to road baseplates — a straight row of road baseplates along the front of this top surface would take up a good 2/3 of the space available before I could even add any buildings!

4 hours ago, fo4saken said:

@Salix they could refresh 2012 set number 4431, ambulance itself without hospital. It's my wish :pir_tong2:

Just watched this 

and will get it for sure. Looks way better than stills.

YES!!!!!!! Me likey!

12 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

YES!!!!!!! Me likey!

It is cool set!

17 hours ago, fo4saken said:

Sounds like a good idea. :)

Thank you all very much for the information! :classic:

It's a long time that I've been here, so there's much to write. Therefore I begin with my thoughts on the My City sets:

60290 Skatepark: :wub:

- new buildable road plates increase the set's price enormously

- set is 10 Euros too expensive

- no big ramp (e. g. halfpipe)

+ finally a skatepark for LEGO City

+ four great minifigs

+ boy has medium-short legs

+ wheelcair in different colors for a stunt wheelcair

+ some nice and different ramps

+ a lot of playability

+ car for Vita Rush promo is a great addition and fits together with the beverage cans very well

60291 Modern Family Home: :wub:

- new buildable road plates take away the money for more parts for the house itself

- house is very small in depth

- shower is too low

- missing spigot in the bathroom

- mixer in the kitchen is too huge

- car is missing car doors

+ after more than a decade finally another city house

+ house includes all important rooms you need when thinking about a family home

+ four great minifigs

+ girl has medium-short legs

+ nice new dog

+ a lot of playability

+ completely new style for the car

+ much accessory

+ fair price point

60292 City Center: :sceptic:

- new buildable road plates increase the set's price enormously or take away the money for more parts for the car wash

- set is hugely overpriced (imo a fair price would be 70, maximum 80 Euros)

- inclusion of fire motorcycle and police bicycle makes me tired and is wasting capacity for more civilian stuff

- truck is missing car doors

- weird to have stone plates in front of the pizzeria when at the same time it is suggested that there's a pavement in the front of the building

- car wash has no "car wash" sign and lettering on top

- car wash is missing a brush from the top down (like TLG had done in all previous car washes)

- car wash has only two brushes (instead of three) on each side, so regular sized vehicles won't be brushed completely

+ small car is ok

+ great minifigs

+ comeback of the baby

+ pizzeria building looks great

+ dojo as a never before seen idea inside City

+ baby's play structure

+ (apart from the missing car doors) very well designed truck

60304 Buildable Road Plates: :thumbdown:

- min. 5 Euros too expensive

- no curves possible

- missing pavement

- not compatible with earlier road plates and baseplates

- 7,5 studs bright is much to less for these day's City cars (mostly six studs wide plus two studs overhang for the side mirrors makes eight studs in total) and trucks (partly even wider)

+ glow in the dark street lamps

60305 Car Transporter: :thumbdown:

- 10 Euros too expensive

- only one car included

- truck is missing car doors

- truck as well as car are looking very blocky and like a Juniors set

+ transporter can load two cars in one row (without trailer)

60306 Shopping Street: :thumbup:

- new buildable road plates increase the set's price enormously or take away the money for more parts for the shops

- bad price ratio performance (fair would have been 60 Euros)

- it seems as if both shops have no roofs

- both buildings are only one floor big => makes the city looking that small and unrealistic plus makes looking the vehicles overdimensional big

- baker's shop is only three studs deep

- container piece walls as side walls for the bike shop make looking it strange

- the gymnastic elements in the minimalistic park look weird

- race car would have looked much better with only four studs wide

+ glow in the dark street lamps

+ great minifigures

+ bicycle in new color (dark pink)

+ cargo bike is a cool new idea with a great outcome

+ light repair trucks looks awesome

+ light repair truck has car doors

+ great architectual style of the baker's shop

+ first time in the history of LEGO City that we're getting a baker's shop

+ nice small terrace in front of the baker's shop

+ both shops have some nice interior

All in all I must say that I'm not only surprised but even impressed by how many - and mostly great - civlian sets we're getting already in the winter wave! So I hope that the summer wave will continue this trend! :thumbup:

With this development I'm now much more optimistic that in summer and the years after 2021 we'll get locations like a school, a museum, a harbor, a beach, a farm etc. since they all are more or less part of civilian life which kids experience every day or at least in holidays.

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

50 minutes ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

- not compatible with earlier road plates and baseplates

I don't get this. With a little bit of effort you can make them compatible with old road plates. Not to mention they can connect to old roadplates just fine, well atleast the first iteration of them:

review_1220_frei03.jpg

Edited by Inspecter

I wonder why Lego withdraw their 2021 catalog, it's not available on their site. Is that because of adding prices (they were not given) or because of sets update (adding or removing some). Hmmm....

Also, with the new streets we get back more floor area since the times when they switched to minimalist basing and we get street elements with sets which in the past were to small to get street plates. In the end we will need to buy fewer street sets than in the past to get the same distance.