Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

2 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

Now that last one there would be something I'd pay for. If I were to get the yellow tram from main square, it'll be a good trolley barn for it. 

I think it would really go well with the tram. When I collect all the city products, I will buy the World City series and put them together.

1 hour ago, LCP said:
I think it would really go well with the tram. When I collect all the city products, I will buy the World City series and put them together.

Tbh, World City was one of the darkest periods in the history of town sets. I prefer modern City during the HEY generation. That's where most of my sets come from. 

3 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

Tbh, World City was one of the darkest periods in the history of town sets. I prefer modern City during the HEY generation. That's where most of my sets come from. 

HEY!!

21 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

Welp! If the winter wave exceeded above and beyond the expectations by a landslide, I only wonder how the summer 2021 wave is going to look like. I know I've got a lot of purchases to make for 2021. 

Given that there isn't a full construction/demolition/mining wave in the first half of 2021 like there had been every three years prior, it'd be interesting if they might be saving something like that for the summer. The new road system would present a great opportunity for them to focus a wave more heavily on road construction rather than building construction (with sets such as a paving machine, milling machine, road roller, road grader, or even a crane for constructing highways. It's possible that they'd choose to release those types of sets in the middle of the year ahead of the Christmas season instead of at the beginning if they intended for them to have higher price points (like, from $30 to $120 instead of from $10 to $100like sets from mid-year subthemes tend to have.

That said, it's also possible that they've simply abandoned that particular three-year release pattern, particularly since they've been deviating from the corresponding release pattern for police and fire sets over the past couple years. Certainly, since construction sets in the past have usually focused so heavily on vehicles, I can see how releasing a lot of them as Great Vehicles or Town sets and reserving larger waves for categories that would require more accompanying buildings/scenery could make a lot of sense.

11 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

For summer it can be probably a new coast guard subtheme, like other people already said. 

I wonder if a big airport set comes next summer, I really want one

I actually wonder whether it'd be realistic to expect a coast guard subtheme next year — after all, they might not want such a nautical-leaning subtheme so soon after last year's Ocean Explorers sets and this year's very nautical-leaning Police wave. Plus, if they intended to release a Coast Guard wave this year, it would be strange for them to also release a set like 60286 Beach Rescue ATV at the beginning of the year with medical (rather than Coast Guard) branding.

In terms of subthemes that have typically been summer/mid-year releases in the past, I kind of feel like LEGO might introduce another Jungle Explorers wave in summer 2021. That would be able to reuse a lot of the sorts of parts and tie in with the same sort of educational partnership as this year's LEGO Friends Jungle Rescue wave. That would fit with how the LEGO City Ocean Explorers sets came out one year after the LEGO Friends Sea Life Rescue sets and reused some of the parts that series had introduced.

32 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

That said, it's also possible that they've simply abandoned that particular three-year release pattern, particularly since they've been deviating from the corresponding release pattern for police and fire sets over the past couple years. Certainly, since construction sets in the past have usually focused so heavily on vehicles, I can see how releasing a lot of them as Great Vehicles or Town sets and reserving larger waves for categories that would require more accompanying buildings/scenery could make a lot of sense.

You're right. Because every three years, they would usually release a police subtheme based in a jumpy environment like the forest, the swamp and the mountains. I hope they bring the full construction subtheme back as I do need some machinery for my construction crew. So far I have the orange 2012 dump truck, the 2015 service truck, the mobile crane from capital city and the 2019 front loader. I need a cement mixer which I'm trying to find a fresh one for a nice deal on eBay. I like the yellow one from 2013. 

11 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

So far I have the orange 2012 dump truck, the 2015 service truck, the mobile crane from capital city and the 2019 front loader. I need a cement mixer which I'm trying to find a fresh one for a nice deal on eBay. I like the yellow one from 2013. 

I'm looking for new construction vehicles too, my construction vehicles are the 2013 cement mixer, the 2017 street sweeper truck and excavator, and the 2019 crane truck

I'm hoping for 'Beach Rescue' instead of Coast Guard. Match the little yellow set that comes out in January. Bring back the the yellow of Res-Q and the World City coastal sets.

1 hour ago, Maple said:

I'm hoping for 'Beach Rescue' instead of Coast Guard. Match the little yellow set that comes out in January. Bring back the the yellow of Res-Q and the World City coastal sets.

Nah! I disagree. The beach patrol set seems to be owned by the healthcare system in City than a coast guard set looking at the labels. The orange creme and blue with the love saver emblem is what makes the coast Guard subtheme unique and I think it should stay that way. 

6 hours ago, meliander said:

I am curious if we are going to see a people pack next year. We had two in 2019 and then nothing this year...

I think that next summer there wouldn't be a people pack

7 hours ago, meliander said:

I am curious if we are going to see a people pack next year. We had two in 2019 and then nothing this year...

I guess this could be seen as a people pack. 

61KSOFyr89L._AC_SL1200_.jpg

OK FINE!!!!! It's not very many minifigures. But still..... 

23 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

That can be cool, if they do one, it can use the same design as the passenger airplane and it can look like the first cargo plane ever made in city

What do you want for a next cargo airport set @toopizza13?

I don't any ideas for other things for a set like that

maybe a big green plane similar to 60262, not sure about anything else. 

On 12/14/2020 at 9:44 AM, Brandon Pea said:

Now that last one there would be something I'd pay for. If I were to get the yellow tram from main square, it'll be a good trolley barn for it. 

A trolley barn could be a good way to introduce tram track versions of the new road plates.

1 hour ago, Inspecter said:

A trolley barn could be a good way to introduce tram track versions of the new road plates.

True! Since KFOLs obviously love sets that shoot things, perhaps we can do a bus wash with cannons that shoot pieces that look like water like they did in 60214 and 60216 from 2019. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

Does anybody know a website that has all the 2021 city sets listed (in English) with their prices and pictures? I want to express my opinions on the sets but have only seen a few leaked on instagram as opposed to an entire list ( and can not find prices).

thanks.

7 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Does anybody know a website that has all the 2021 city sets listed (in English) with their prices and pictures? I want to express my opinions on the sets but have only seen a few leaked on instagram as opposed to an entire list ( and can not find prices).

thanks.

https://brickset.com/sets/theme-city/year-2021

6 hours ago, cosmic said:

thanks.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/themes/city those have all of them exept 60278, 60306, 60305

7 hours ago, JopieK said:

Nice! Brickset and New Elementary have also shared their reviews of 60304, though not of the other sets that include these road plates:

https://brickset.com/article/56694/review-60304-road-plates

https://www.newelementary.com/2020/12/lego-city-review-mocs-60304-road-plates.html

New Elementary's review in particular has some very some nice photos illustrating different ways of using or arranging the road plates, as well as the easiest way to line them up with Modular Buildings.

After seeing official LEGO.com prices, certainly there's some variation between sets and countries again, US and NL City prices being generally worse then Germany's, especially sets above $30 / €30.

I like the boat, but not at €55.

On the other hand, the €10 and €20 range sets look pretty good value , Police Transporter especially, 4 figs, 2 vehicles and a motorcycle for €20 , for me, this would be a good set to finaly get a duke detain and snake rattler.

As for the road system, I'll probably skip the largest sets unless there will be heavy discounts, probably get some of the €20 road packs instead.

Edited by TeriXeri

Thank you @JintaiZ and @toopizza13 for the links provided.

60291 Family House - initially was super skeptical on what the bargain was gonna be. 60 bucks is honestly reasonable. I would have liked stairs and more depth to the house but the interior is better than I expected and the size, vehicle included plus the road plates makes it feel somewhat proportional to what you get. Not bad tbh but would have liked a bit deeper. Unsure how to customize.

60292 Town Center - The new road plate  format is nice and interesting but kind of frustrating because of how it integrates into builds. I can imagine some feel like they have to update old displays to match this. I personally never really established my own city yet so not having this issue. Still I feel even modulars would have to be adapted to it. It looks nice but the way it rises over the floor is giving me mixed feelings. Set is also a bit pricey for me. The buildings are so shallow and only 2 cars and a motorcycle and a bench to accompany these two shallow buildings. We know the road plates sell for 20 something the 2 shallow buildings and 2 cars totaled up to 80 bucks? To me, a small car build is 10 bucks and those small buildings shouldn’t go for over 15 themselves. This set would ha e felt more appropriate at a 70-80 dollar price range. 100 feels like too much.

60290 Skate Park - I dunno. Its nice but $40? I don’t know exactly what inflation is but I’m gonna roll some dice and blame the perceived expensiveness of this wave on that. I like it but would have preferred it being $30. 

60304 - Exciting. Great price point. Unsure if I want to invest in this because what if they upgrade their road system every 10 years or so? How long will this last me? I like it though and feel like it has pros and cons. It rises a bit too high for me but thats practical with how they incorporates grass and add it to buildings.  Might get annoyed upgrading the sides of old buildings to match with this but if it can be done easily I may not complain too much. A part of me really likes this.

Not a 2021 set but 60271 Main Square falls into the category of sets that aren’t too shabby but way too expensive for what I would want to pay for it.

The rest of this wave is just cheap vehicles for moms to buy their crying toddler who won’t leave the store without a new toy, but this wave feels very in line with what i have come to expect from city. Just some sets seem to have been visited by the inflation fairy.

Why Lego does this kind of weird things?

review_1220_6029105.jpg

If there is the piece in white

GGJ8oal.png

And there is also the white version of the W 4 knobs

4667575.jpg

Edited by El Garfio