Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

18 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

What is wrong with me? @Inspecter clearly said that it was a Lego Kart! Why did I think he meant Go Kart? 

Yes! I agree. I'll take several of those! 

Edited by Brandon Pea

4 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

What is wrong with me? @Inspecter clearly said that it was a Lego Kart! Why did I think he meant Go Kart? 

Yes! I agree. I'll take several of those! 

Go karts don't have a cash register, do they? 

1 minute ago, Inspecter said:

Curse me for mixing up Cart and Kart. But yes I meant the Lego mobile shop.

Don't be so hard on yourself. We all make mistakes. 

5 hours ago, Inspecter said:

Curse me for mixing up Cart and Kart. But yes I meant the Lego mobile shop.

Cart is British and Kart is American. :innocent:

The official name of the product 30569 is referred to in the Promobricks as City Stand or Pop-Up-Store.

16 hours ago, Maple said:

Cart is British and Kart is American. :innocent:

Even in America, "kart" is only used to refer to go-karts, which I believe originated as a brand name which became genericized over time. All other types of cart are spelled with a C, including things like shopping carts, luggage carts, serving carts, and mop bucket carts (all of which are usually called "trolleys" in British English — whereas a "trolley" in American English refers to a tram or streetcar).

Anyway, no matter how you describe the word cart or kart, I think the first thing to do is figure out what the product 60278 looks like.

6 hours ago, LCP said:
Anyway, no matter how you describe the word cart or kart, I think the first thing to do is figure out what the product 60278 looks like.

If it looks like the image that appeared on that catalog, it will include: big building, a police truck, a police helicopter with two rotors and a small getaway car

Edited by Powered by Bricks

2 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

If it looks like the image that appeared on that catalog, it will include: big building, a police truck, a police helicopter with two rotors and a small getaway car

Yes, I've seen the leaked image and I know what the composition is like.

18 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Even in America, "kart" is only used to refer to go-karts, 

I was joking, it's why it has that eye rolling angel smilie. 

American has a TON of slang that they don't teach. I have Germany family and dated several foreigners and always surprised by the amount of slang used in the language that they don't teach in English class. 

Welp! If the winter wave exceeded above and beyond the expectations by a landslide, I only wonder how the summer 2021 wave is going to look like. I know I've got a lot of purchases to make for 2021. 

10 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

Welp! If the winter wave exceeded above and beyond the expectations by a landslide, I only wonder how the summer 2021 wave is going to look like. I know I've got a lot of purchases to make for 2021. 

For summer it can be probably a new coast guard subtheme, like other people already said. 

I wonder if a big airport set comes next summer, I really want one

2 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

For summer it can be probably a new coast guard subtheme, like other people already said. 

I wonder if a big airport set comes next summer, I really want one

im hoping for a new cargo airport, we havent gotten one in a while.

Whatever product is released, I hope the design of the product is released well.

19 minutes ago, toopizza13 said:

That can be cool, if they do one, it can use the same design as the passenger airplane and it can look like the first cargo plane ever made in city

What do you want for a next cargo airport set @toopizza13?

I don't any ideas for other things for a set like that

5 hours ago, toopizza13 said:

I hope they bring back the cargo subtheme too with a better cargo truck. Tbh, I wasn't very fond of the truck from 2017. I ended up getting the 2013 cargo truck off of EBay - which in my opinion, is a better truck. My favorite cargo plane ever made by City was the Heliplane from 2013. I'm trying to find a good deal on that one. Though it would be great if City did another one in summer 2021 

7 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

For summer it can be probably a new coast guard subtheme, like other people already said

Every coast guard wave released by City has been good too. I'm sure this one would be the best. I still have my 2013 coast guard ship which comes complete with a helicopter pad on the front deck. I also have the building from the 2017 coast guard headquarters. 

4 hours ago, LCP said:

Whatever product is released, I hope the design of the product is released well.

What I've been hoping from City for a long time was a subtheme for the public transportation system. So far, we've only had a few sets here and there. But unlike other city jobs, the public transport system hasn't really had own subtheme. We've had a towing subtheme, a medical subtheme, a mail/cargo subtheme, a construction subtheme, a harbor subtheme and an airport subtheme. The there are of course the police and fire subthemes. But we haven't had a subtheme for public transport. As a worker for the public transport system, I can tell you that there are plenty of aspects Lego could touch on (i.e. the different types of bus bodies, the taxi service, bus and train maintenance, employee transport, people movers, gondolas, the rapid transit system, etc). They actually have done some of those indirectly before. 

Overall, I'm really loving this winter 2021 wave. The cops and firefighters seem to be taking the back seat while the civilian life sets seem to be being brought to the forefront. Then again, maybe that's just me as those are the kinds of sets I go for nowadays. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

18 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

I hope they bring back the cargo subtheme too with a better cargo truck. Tbh, I wasn't very fond of the truck from 2017. I ended up getting the 2013 cargo truck off of EBay - which in my opinion, is a better truck. My favorite cargo plane ever made by City was the Heliplane from 2013. I'm trying to find a good deal on that one. Though it would be great if City did another one in summer 2021 

Every coast guard wave released by City has been good too. I'm sure this one would be the best. I still have my 2013 coast guard ship which comes complete with a helicopter pad on the front deck. I also have the building from the 2017 coast guard headquarters. 

What I've been hoping from City for a long time was a subtheme for the public transportation system. So far, we've only had a few sets here and there. But unlike other city jobs, the public transport system hasn't really had own subtheme. We've had a towing subtheme, a medical subtheme, a mail/cargo subtheme, a construction subtheme, a harbor subtheme and an airport subtheme. The there are of course the police and fire subthemes. But we haven't had a subtheme for public transport. As a worker for the public transport system, I can tell you that there are plenty of aspects Lego could touch on (i.e. the different types of bus bodies, the taxi service, bus and train maintenance, employee transport, people movers, gondolas, the rapid transit system, etc). They actually have done some of those indirectly before. 

I think you're right. Since I first came across Lego City products in 2006, some products related to public transportation have appeared, but I felt a bit sorry. I'm hoping to get products like train car repair shops like World City's 10027.

2 minutes ago, LCP said:
I think you're right. Since I first came across Lego City products in 2006, some products related to public transportation have appeared, but I felt a bit sorry. I'm hoping to get products like train car repair shops like World City's 10027.

Now that last one there would be something I'd pay for. If I were to get the yellow tram from main square, it'll be a good trolley barn for it.