Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

I found the image of the new Lego City products.

2021 시티 도시.jpg

And this product is car transport.

2021 시티 자동차 수송트럭.jpg

And these products are polybags.

2021 시티 폴리백.jpg

Edited by LCP

42 minutes ago, LCP said:
I found the image of the new Lego City products. 
These pictures were posted on safetykorea.kr.com.

2021 시티 도시.jpg

And this product is car transport.

2021 시티 자동차 수송트럭.jpg

And these products are polybags.

2021 시티 폴리백.jpg

The new shopping street reminds me the city corner set, the car transport wasn't what I expected, but I will buy it anyway, the polybags are interesting too,one didn't appeared on the list from brickset or jedijacpenguin! 

Can I get a link? 

15 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

The new shopping street reminds me the city corner set, the car transport wasn't what I expected, but I will buy it anyway, the polybags are interesting too,one didn't appeared on the list from brickset or jedijacpenguin

Can I get a link? 

These images were posted on this link.

http://www.safetykorea.kr/release/certDetail?certNum=CB061R2195-9010&certUid=4815800

And, actually, I estimated 30569 product from Stonewars would be City product.

7 minutes ago, LCP said:

Thanks, I already saw better the images and  here's some details about those new sets:

-60305 is a big truck that includes one car and a big trailer 

-60306 includes a light repair truck, a sports car, a bakery shop, a bike shop and some road plates with glow-in-the-dark pieces

@Brandon Pea sadly this set don't include a grocery store

Edited by Powered by Bricks

Just saw the new Modern Family House with the road plate, is $60 and not $50. I'm not sure I'm gonna get it now because I think $60 is way too much.

1 hour ago, fo4saken said:

So 2021 bricks still will be in plastic bags instead of paper ones?

Yes, the packaging will continue to be released in plastic bag for the time being.

3 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

Meh. Looks like a 4+ set. 

I dunno, it looks fine to me. At least it fully confirms the pedestrian crossing sign is a print and not a sticker.

4 hours ago, Inspecter said:

I dunno, it looks fine to me. 

I've seen better bakeries and bike shops by City. cough cough doughnut shop cough cough town square cough cough

Edited by Brandon Pea

Well, one great way to do curves would be to do 45° pieces, this would allow for quite some flexibility. They could develop add-on pieces that allow connecting those 45° to the rest of the city. Currently, with the design of the lego cities we do not really need curves, but it would be great to get some.

I am rather surprised how many City sets of the coming wave are must-haves for me. Compared to the last few waves thats a 400% increase. It was an frontloader here, a police car there and an ice car yonder. But mostly I got Trains, Creator and Hidden Side (and of course Modulars) to flesh out Newbury.

Currently I will get:

> 60283 Camper (way cheaper than the one from 3in1 from this year and fits better in my city)

> 60284 Roadwork Car (not 100% sure, but the rat and the signs are a fine addition to the frontloader and the mobile toilet from Hidden Side)

> 60285 Sports Car (great and cheap car with few stickers...)

> 60287 Tractor (Lego farm has to start somewhere and this is a great design)

> 60288 Racebuggy Transport (nice Range Rover look-a-like and fits in with the monster cars from Hidden Side)

> 60290 Skate Park (simply great design and stuff to fill out the city for a fair price)

> 60292 City Center (as a Kendoka the Dojo is a must and it also is a good starting point for the city center. The car cleaning center fits in with Corner Garage and the Dojo can be easily mad bigger if I feel like it; also fits in with the toy shop and the city apartments from 3in1))

> 60304 Street (definitely several times. great start for fleshing out the streets of my city.

The Surfer House from 3in1 surprised me by being a house with all sides closed, but definitely will find its place near the shrimp shack and Light Tower from Hidden Side.

Not sure what to think of the shopping street, if that is really 80€ for that set it will be, like the apartment building, be a pass for me. A little bit to few for my taste and with assembly square I already do have a bakery.

Also not sure what to think of the car transporter...

Btw, found a better link for the shopping street:

https://learningexpressgifts.com/products/shopping-street-my-city-60306

https://learningexpressgifts.com/products/car-transporter-city-great-vehicles-60305?_pos=1&_sid=61e4cf72f&_ss=r

Edited by AndreMW
Added text

i love that shopping street, car transporter is meh. maybe ill buy it if it is discount. in the pictures they dont show instructions? i hope lego isnt getting rid of paper instructions.

actually, i think these pictures just dont show instructions.

40 minutes ago, AndreMW said:

Well, one great way to do curves would be to do 45° pieces, this would allow for quite some flexibility. They could develop add-on pieces that allow connecting those 45° to the rest of the city. Currently, with the design of the lego cities we do not really need curves, but it would be great to get some.

Yeah, either 45-degree or 30-degree curve segments could be quite nice. I went ahead and sketched up an example of what 30-degree curve segments could look like using stud.io's parts designer:

Screen_Shot_2020-12-03_at_8.50.16_PM.png

Three 30-degree segments this size create a curve with the same 16-module center radius as the old 90-degree curved road baseplates, and the road markings are spaced about as far apart as they would be on a road made with the straight road segments. There are probably many further improvements that could be made, such as perhaps making the studded areas wider along the outside of the curve and narrower along the inside (currently, 2x4 tiles attached to the inside of the curve would collide with each other).

If you were to opt for a 45-degree road segment instead, you'd probably want a tighter curve (with, say, an 8-stud center radius) so that the lane markings don't appear to be spaced too far apart compared to the rest of the roads. However, on a 90-degree curve, that might be too tight for larger trucks to manage along the inside lane unless you placed some straight segments in between the two 45-degree segments, which would result in the roads at the beginning and end of the curve not neatly aligning with each other on the grid. Conversely, you could use a 22.5 degree curve like LEGO train tracks do, which would involve a larger radius than the old road baseplates had.

Obviously, there are drawbacks to designing curves in this "style", regardless of the angle — for instance, you can't expand the number of lanes like you could with a straight road. So far, I have no idea whether there's any way around this.

EDIT: Just saw the car transporter pics. Great design! Simple yet effective. :classic:

Edited by Aanchir

1 minute ago, Aanchir said:

Yeah, either 45-degree or 30-degree curve segments could be quite nice. I went ahead and sketched up an example of what 30-degree curve segments could look like using stud.io's parts designer:

Screen_Shot_2020-12-03_at_8.50.16_PM.png

How would you sketch up a single lane curve variant? As well as variants with embedded tracks.

39 minutes ago, Inspecter said:

How would you sketch up a single lane curve variant? As well as variants with embedded tracks.

For curves, both those things probably would depend on the desired radius and angle of the curve (particularly with embedded tracks, since the tighter the radius, the stricter the limits on how trams need to be designed in order to run on them). In any case, I'm reluctant to try coming up with designs for tramways unless I'm also prepared to consider how a system like that would handle inclines. With roads, it's easy enough to just whip up something using hinges, but with tracks you'd probably need to keep things a little smoother than that.

Keep in mind that I'm also still sort of a novice at using Part Designer. Even these curves have a few glitches that result in the surface looking slightly uneven in renders, probably because of some components I didn't align correctly or stray vertices I failed to spot until it was too late to fix them.

Edited by Aanchir

... rather alarmed to see a dog poop fouling the street in set 60306. I expected more responsible dog ownership in Lego City!

Oh, we're getting a police boat too I see... The shopping street is the only My City set that I really like. Simple concept aimed at kids, nice details (has there been a cargo bicycle before) and well proportioned and designed cars. But the price... no comment.

Edited by brimbolet