Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

Imo houses in the Friends line are better, colours are awful though and more pricey.

Edited by rzmpf

8 minutes ago, fo4saken said:

bright22 at this moment only these:

City Center and family house

2006716_030.jpg

2006715_120.jpg

2006715_090.jpg

Thanks so much fo4saken!

City Centre looks really bad at the back, it's too easy to build from MOC

The Modern house should be using 24 x 16 base.............. I am thinking about 8403 for town house.... but seems the new 60291 doesn't look really good. *or saying* too simple

I really like the look of the new road system actually. It's like LEGO is adopting the MILS plate system almost.

The houses and smaller cars are ok, but the fire sets are rubbish, I never buy them anyway but still.

I think these are great for their intended audience! A lot of potential for little city builders out there!

My personal favorites are the subtle Ninjago tie ins with both the DoJo and Modern Family house and the inclusion of differently abled city residents in multiple sets!  Well done, Lego!

I'm so excited and expecting the new city sets, I'll probably get them all, except a few small sets that are too simple!!

10 minutes ago, ks6349 said:

I'm so excited and expecting the new city sets, I'll probably get them all, except a few small sets that are too simple!!

I agree. I actually like a lot of these sets. Especially the great vehicles. I may not get them all, but I still think they're nice. I actually like the simplicity in some of the buildings. That new road system may also be useful too. Good for an AFOLs table town. I don't mind it at all. 

Sets to get for sure, without hesitation

1.City roadwork truck

2.City sports car

3.City Skate park

4.City Road plates

5.City Tractor

6.City Beach Rescue ATV

7.City Holiday Camper Van

8.City Modern Family House

Sets I'll probably get, or skip, hesitating

City Airshow Jet Transporter

Sets to skip

City Police Helicopter - Nothing special I've got too many small helicopters already

City Police Prisoner Transport - Nothing special again.

City Race Buggy Transporter

City Fire Ladder Truck and other Fire sets because I have got some better Fire sets that are retired from local markets.

I'm disappointed in the City Police and Fire sets produced in recent years. I have only got 60239 and it is the only Police sets I have purchased in recent years.

Edited by ks6349

Sets to get for sure, without hesitation

1.City roadwork truck

2.City sports car

3.City Skate park

4.City Road plates

5.City Tractor

6.City Beach Rescue ATV

7.City Holiday Camper Van

8.City Modern Family House

I'm getting all those + the city center. 

Sets to skip

City Police Helicopter - Nothing special I've got too many small helicopters already

City Police Prisoner Transport - Nothing special again.

City Race Buggy Transporter

City Fire Ladder Truck and other Fire sets because I have got some better Fire sets that are retired from local markets.

I'm disappointed in the City Police and Fire sets produced in recent years. I have only got 60239 and it is the only Police sets I have purchased in recent years.

I'm with you there. It seems like Lego was looking at quantity over quality there. Their older police and fire sets are much better looking. I have some of them. The last good fire sets were in 2019. The last good police set was the 2019 police car. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

I have been waiting painfully for farm sets for many many years.. Retired sets's prices are ridiculous in local markets that I will not get... It is a good sign to have the City Tractor. I think Lego is testing the water, I wish there will be more farm sets in the mid of 2021 or the start of 2021

3 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

I'm getting all those + the city center. 

I'm with you there. It seems like Lego was looking at quantity over quality there. Their older police and fire sets are much better looking. I have some of them. The last good fire sets were in 2019. The last good police set was the 2019 police car. 

I'll probably skip the city center, but not yet decided. I guess its price would be at least $100+, while my personal opinion is that it doesn't worth this price. If it's less than $100 I will likely get it, but probably won't be less than $100

Edited by ks6349

8 minutes ago, ks6349 said:

I have been waiting painfully for farm sets for many many years.. Retired sets's prices are ridiculous in local markets that I will not get... It is a good sign to have the City Tractor. I think Lego is testing the water, I wish there will be more farm sets in the mid of 2021 or the start of 2021

Yeah! Tractor would be good along with my harvester. 

As for Lego 60292 Town Center. Just did a search, it will have 792 pieces. Um, probably it will be marked for $100. I'll be able to get it for 20% off usually, from the official marked price, Um... I'll wait.... the simple building is not very satisfactory.

8 minutes ago, ks6349 said:

As for Lego 60292 Town Center. Just did a search, it will have 792 pieces. Um, probably it will be marked for $100. I'll be able to get it for 20% off usually, from the official marked price, Um... I'll wait.... the simple building is not very satisfactory.

I personally would've used some of that piece count as a chance to improve on the pizzeria. But its better than nothing. 

5 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

I personally would've used some of that piece count as a chance to improve on the pizzeria. But its better than nothing. 

I almost forgot, we should get 31118 Surfer Beachhouse as well. It is very awesome

I think this is a pretty solid lineup, lots of common life and all police and fire sets compose the kiddy stuff. City Airshow Jet Transporter is gonna be a day one purchase for me, not too great, but pretty interesting to me.

7 minutes ago, Nom Carver said:

City Airshow Jet Transporter is gonna be a day one purchase for me, not too great, but pretty interesting to me.

Camper and Tractor are the first day purchases for me. 

i like a lot of these sets, i think ill skip the great vehicles except the race car, but i will get the police hideout and the prison transport, maybe the boat that will depend on how it looks and the price. i also really like the new roads. i think ill grab a few of 60304 and use those for older town sets like 60271, the hospital, and the donut shop opening. the other sets maybe ill get on discount.

Nice to see the baby mold in two sets.  I am curious to see if the turquoise one in the RV is printed the same as the one from WV fire station a few years ago. Love the new dog, and wheelchair colors. Chances are, unless the reviews blow me away, the parts I like will be Bricklinked rather than buy whole sets. I see the modern family home has a microfig/statuette... hopefully it's a new color!

I saw some more images of the new sets on the site "Van der Meulen" and here's some details about the the sets:

The set 60282 is just a off road version of the set 60112 and 60216,it don't have a computer inside the trailer

The set 60281 is something like a new ambulance helicopter that fights fire

The car of the set 60291 can load 2 minifigures inside 

The police helicopter is a flying prisoner transport (the 4+ one) 

Edited by Powered by Bricks

11 hours ago, rzmpf said:

Imo houses in the Friends line are better, colours are awful though and more pricey.

Honestly, by City standards the Family House is pretty excellent, IMO. It certainly has a much more detailed and livable-looking interior than 8403 did 10 years ago. If anything, I feel like it might benefit from some kind of awning over the electric charging station to help break up the "smoothness" of the left side. I love the Ninjago video game one of the children is playing in one of the alternate images! I love that sort of cross-theme reference.

Friends houses definitely tend to be way more detailed inside and out, and IMO their color schemes are pretty fantastic most of the time as well. But given how long it's been since the City theme had ANY residential houses/apartments, I'm pretty pleased with what this one has to offer, and hope it does well enough to ensure we get more sets along those lines in the future. And I'm willing to be patient with the occasional shortcomings in the meantime.

I like the City Center set as well, although that compact car seems really awful to me compared to the much better examples we've seen in sets like 3177 and 7939 which used shorter windscreens. The combination pizzeria/martial arts dojo is definitely that set's "star attraction" for me, though the recycling truck is not bad either (love the use of that new curved element from this year's Ninjago sets as its grille)! The car wash is pretty plain, but that fits with most of the car washes I'm used to seeing in real life.

The skate park is EXTREMELY appealing, and between the stunt wheelchair in that set and the seeing-eye dog in the City Center set, LEGO is clearly doing a much better job with representation than they were just a few years ago. The Vita Rush truck and cans in this set are a nice fit also, given that Vita Rush is presumably meant to be a sports drink like Gatorade or Powerade.

I've already made my excitement about the new road system known, since it's the sort of thing I've been hoping to see for nearly a decade at this point. And these pictures definitely fulfill the hopes I had after seeing the previous leaked images, in that the textures of the final parts have been smoothed out considerably compared to the prototype versions. I'm a little surprised that there's a studless version of the existing 4x8 curved slope with 1x4 plate extension, but it makes a lot of sense for stuff like skateboards and wheelchairs that would struggle more on a studded surface than larger wheels and tires.

I wonder will all 2021 Lego bricks be in the paper bags instead plastic?

Edited by fo4saken

2006722_040.jpg

New suspension piece. Reminds me of this one, although the new one also turns.

2484c01.png

22 hours ago, BrickfordCityFire said:

I really like the look of the new road system actually. It's like LEGO is adopting the MILS plate system almost.

The houses and smaller cars are ok, but the fire sets are rubbish, I never buy them anyway but still.

In the pictures I do not like the look of the new road plates. The problem is that they have no texture, which makes the connector plates stand out. For AFOLs, using small tiles will still be the way to go.

The small 4-wide cars are bad. Even children will notice that they don't fit their 6-wide cars.

12 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Honestly, by City standards the Family House is pretty excellent, IMO. It certainly has a much more detailed and livable-looking interior than 8403 did 10 years ago. If anything, I feel like it might benefit from some kind of awning over the electric charging station to help break up the "smoothness" of the left side. I love the Ninjago video game one of the children is playing in one of the alternate images! I love that sort of cross-theme reference.

Friends houses definitely tend to be way more detailed inside and out, and IMO their color schemes are pretty fantastic most of the time as well. But given how long it's been since the City theme had ANY residential houses/apartments, I'm pretty pleased with what this one has to offer, and hope it does well enough to ensure we get more sets along those lines in the future. And I'm willing to be patient with the occasional shortcomings in the meantime.

I like the City Center set as well, although that compact car seems really awful to me compared to the much better examples we've seen in sets like 3177 and 7939 which used shorter windscreens. The combination pizzeria/martial arts dojo is definitely that set's "star attraction" for me, though the recycling truck is not bad either (love the use of that new curved element from this year's Ninjago sets as its grille)! The car wash is pretty plain, but that fits with most of the car washes I'm used to seeing in real life.

The skate park is EXTREMELY appealing, and between the stunt wheelchair in that set and the seeing-eye dog in the City Center set, LEGO is clearly doing a much better job with representation than they were just a few years ago. The Vita Rush truck and cans in this set are a nice fit also, given that Vita Rush is presumably meant to be a sports drink like Gatorade or Powerade.

I've already made my excitement about the new road system known, since it's the sort of thing I've been hoping to see for nearly a decade at this point. And these pictures definitely fulfill the hopes I had after seeing the previous leaked images, in that the textures of the final parts have been smoothed out considerably compared to the prototype versions. I'm a little surprised that there's a studless version of the existing 4x8 curved slope with 1x4 plate extension, but it makes a lot of sense for stuff like skateboards and wheelchairs that would struggle more on a studded surface than larger wheels and tires.

Yes, the new road plate is very appealing. I have been resisting myself from getting a piece of old road plate but at the start of 2021, I will get a lot of it... (the new road plates)

Great to see that Lego starts to bring back road plates for their sets, I have skipped many City sets with buildings because they contain no base plate.