Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

3 hours ago, brimbolet said:

I wonder why the lab idea includes elements from City only, and not from other successful indoor themes like Ninjago, Friends or (wishful thinking) Pirates/Castle. 

They mention on the FAQ page that they chose to focus exclusively on the City theme for the pilot project because it offers a wide variety of minifigs, buildings, and vehicles. Its reliable popularity among both adults and kids probably also makes it a useful reference point for figuring out how to make this service appeal to both of those age groups.

Presumably, if this proves successful, then LEGO will explore the possibility of similar custom set offers in other themes as well as in other countries. But keeping the focus narrow in the very beginning will probably help them pinpoint opportunities to improve on the user interface, supply chain, etc, without introducing too many confounding variables that could make the sales data or user feedback more difficult to interpret.

6 minutes ago, Dean2113 said:

Any chance or news of a new city airport line being put forward?  

Given that we just got one this past summer, I doubt it. I understand though. I wasn't too fond of the 2020 either. I like the 2006, 2010 and 2016 ones better. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

I think the style of build for the passenger plane set 7893 descent in size but was kinda ruined because of the big prefab parts 

15 hours ago, Dean2113 said:

It can be possible since Lego is a bit unpredictable now, a bigger airport for summer 2021 is something that I want, the two airports of this year were so small, and now that Lego will release new road plates, a airport runway will be not bad. 

Edited by Powered by Bricks

Now all the Harry Potter summer sets list have been revealed, we know the names and the prices, so it can be possible to see the city summer list soon, and the official images too, those leaked images aren't exactly like the 2021 January sets, so when we will get the official images you can see different things and details 

The catalog shows the prototype sets

On 10/26/2020 at 8:48 PM, Brandon Pea said:

Speaking of Great Vehicles, I am disappointed that we didn't get a standalone bus under Great Vehicles as it would've been neat. Just have a set with a bus and a sign saying "BUS STOP" on it and you can easily slip it under Great Vehicles. Another good one would've been a much better taxi. One that can actually fit more than one person along with a small waiting area. 

But given that City surprised us with the winter 2021 wave, I wouldn't be shocked if Lego decided to release another wave of standalone vehicles the summer 2021 wave. That would mean we'd get two waves of Great Vehicles this year instead of one. 

Yes, I think a new bus with bus station for summer 2021 is very plausible - whehter again as a standalone set or integrated in a bigger set is only the question.

But as much as I like your idea, I can't imagine TLG releasing two Great Vehicle waves a year.

41 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Now all the Harry Potter summer sets list have been revealed, we know the names and the prices, so it can be possible to see the city summer list soon, and the official images too

Official pics of the winter wave sets usually show up at the end of this month. But due to Corona, this year it could be even later.

Of course I'd like to get a list and even better prelim pics of the summer wave sets already now, too. But if I remember correctly, the earliest time when we got a list of summer sets was before Christmas and then leaked pics at Christmas - but keep in mind that this was many years ago when Lego was much less strictly. So today I wouldn't count on any list before January and no pics (prelims as well as officials) before February, due to Corona maybe even firstly in May.

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

8 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Yes, I think a new bus with bus station for summer 2021 is very plausible - whehter again as a standalone set or integrated in a bigger set is only the question.

I like it better as a standalone. Integrated into a bigger set will make them hard to obtain. 

On 10/30/2020 at 7:05 PM, Dean2113 said:

As said above, and I completely agree, the most recent stuff this summer was VERY UNDERWHELMING, but makes a new one unlikely anytime soon.  However, we haven't had a large cargo plane since 2013, one of the first 60xxx series sets, number 60022.  It was my first new set out of my dark ages, bought on a great deal, and still one of my favourite City sets to this day.  If it's anything to hope for, that has a far higher chance.

Hmm, it doesn’t look like there is any new/returning subtheme under City. We did have Mining, Jungle, Forest, Space, Ocean, Swamp, etc, sub themes between 2010 and today. 

I was hoping for vehicles that transports fossils away from digging sites, cursed artifacts from jungle temples, and/or mummies from Egyptian tombs all way to the museum. Crooks could know how valuable these items are! Also it’s cool for kids to explore Science (paleontology, archeology, etc). Just saying. :) 

Also I was hoping there would be another ocean-related sets with whale/orca figure. 

49 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Also I was hoping there would be another ocean-related sets with whale/orca figure. 

I want a bigger ocean helicopter or plane, this year we only had that small helicopter from the big ship

5 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

I want a bigger ocean helicopter or plane, this year we only had that small helicopter from the big ship

Will that large helicopter fit in the ship’s landing sites? 

On 11/5/2020 at 8:23 PM, Brandon Pea said:

I like it better as a standalone. Integrated into a bigger set will make them hard to obtain. 

Yes, that's right. I only think that as a standalone bus (with bus station) it's very likely that it will always be "only" a regular bus within a city. As part of a bigger set, in contrast, we could even see a double decker bus or a travel bus which both I don't see in a small set.

9 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Hmm, it doesn’t look like there is any new/returning subtheme under City. We did have Mining, Jungle, Forest, Space, Ocean, Swamp, etc, sub themes between 2010 and today. 

I was hoping for vehicles that transports fossils away from digging sites, cursed artifacts from jungle temples, and/or mummies from Egyptian tombs all way to the museum. Crooks could know how valuable these items are! Also it’s cool for kids to explore Science (paleontology, archeology, etc). Just saying. :)

I can't agree more!

Sone archeology Sets would be amazing - I originally hoped that there will be more stuff of IT in the ocean exploration theme. Plus I counted in an orca/whale beeing part of this theme (it was rumored already in spring 2018 that there'll bei an orca in an exclusive Polar exploration Set), too - the new stingray as well as the two new fish are great - nur they couldn't compete with an orca/whale. Maybe we'll get a container or yacht harbor this Summer - there an orca/whale could be included.

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

No, it wouldn't fit in the landing sites of 60266.

9 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

It was a idea, but the large helicopter will not fit on the ship, the ship don't have enough space to carry a big helicopter 

17 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

I can't agree more!

Sone archeology Sets would be amazing - I originally hoped that there will be more stuff of IT in the ocean exploration theme. Plus I counted in an orca/whale beeing part of this theme (it was rumored already in spring 2018 that there'll bei an orca in an exclusive Polar exploration Set), too - the new stingray as well as the two new fish are great - nur they couldn't compete with an orca/whale. Maybe we'll get a container or yacht harbor this Summer - there an orca/whale could be included.

Yes! I think archeology/paleontology sets would be cool for sure!

I agree with your thoughts on ocra/whale as part of yacht harbor or container sets! I could imagine how playful it would be. You are right about new stingray and fish figures. It’s much better! I think hammerhead shark is a new one too, right? If Lego could complete orca/whale, they could do Mosasurus for Jurassic World sets. 

11 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

It was a idea, but the large helicopter will not fit on the ship, the ship don't have enough space to carry a big helicopter 

Gotcha. I was like “uhhh” as I imagined how large hello Peter could be for that ship’s landing site. 

The new sets were officially revealed 

The house includes a car 

The city center includes new exclusive minifigures, and the box art is new

The 4+ fire includes Freya Mcloud

The Helicopter includes Clemons 

The Mobile Fire unit includes Bob and another fireman 

The city center includes Shirley Keeper and Maddison 

The coast guard vehicle is a medical set

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH0o8R3pbD3/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet a link of the images

The police boat, the hideout, the construction truck, the fire helicopter (but in that catalog image it shows the exclusive minifigure) weren't revealed 

24 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

The new sets were officially revealed 

The house includes a car 

The city center includes new exclusive minifigures, and the box art is new

The 4+ fire includes Freya Mcloud

The Helicopter includes Clemons 

The Mobile Fire unit includes Bob and another fireman 

The city center includes Shirley Keeper and Maddison 

The coast guard vehicle is a medical set

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH0o8R3pbD3/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet a link of the images

The police boat, the hideout, the construction truck, the fire helicopter (but in that catalog image it shows the exclusive minifigure) weren't revealed 

I like the new house. Reason being is that I can actually use it as an apartment complex for my town's residents. All I need is maybe a parking lot. Then it would be complete. Not too fond of the new road plate system. But like all new things I see, it could have its pros and cons. I'll stick to road plates for right now though. 

The city center is another one that is definately on my list. This finally includes some characters that haven't even been introduced yet. I'm also glad that it includes a car wash and a pizzeria - two buildings which are really needed in my town. 

I don't think I will be getting any of the fire sets. Though I do thank Lego that they included some lesser known LCA firefighters (i.e. Sarah and Bob) instead of just throwing Clemmons and Freya in there. Though like you said, they cameo in other sets. 

11 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

I like the new house. Reason being is that I can actually use it as an apartment complex for my town's residents. All I need is maybe a parking lot. Then it would be complete. Not too fond of the new road plate system. But like all new things I see, it could have its pros and cons. I'll stick to road plates for right now though. 

The city center is another one that is definately on my list. This finally includes some characters that haven't even been introduced yet. I'm also glad that it includes a car wash and a pizzeria - two buildings which are really needed in my town. 

I don't think I will be getting any of the fire sets. Though I do thank Lego that they included some lesser known LCA firefighters (i.e. Sarah and Bob) instead of just throwing Clemmons and Freya in there. Though like you said, they cameo in other sets. 

Some other sets were revealed the construction truck is exactly like the catalog image

And the fire helicopter includes a small construction site. I loved the police and "my city"sets, the new functions impressed me, the new minifigures are good too, I want to have all the city adventures characters in phisical form, so I will buy the city center and the big fire truck. 

The house's car is really modern! 

6 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Some other sets were revealed the construction truck is exactly like the catalog image

And the fire helicopter includes a small construction site. I loved the police and "my city"sets, the new functions impressed me, the new minifigures are good too, I want to have all the city adventures characters in phisical form, so I will buy the city center and the big fire truck. 

The house's car is really modern! 

I just saw the sports car. Immediate buy for me. 

10 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

I just saw the sports car. Immediate buy for me. 

The best car I ever seen! 

Now we just have to wait for the images of the police and the hideout 

I'm not a City fan, but I'm still a bit underwhelmed by most of these sets...