Sign in to follow this  
Jerac

DOOM Slayer!

Hello!

I am a fan of DOOM games. Since the original released in 1993, up to last-year hit of Doom Eternal. During that time I built plenty of DOOM builds, some I released like the Cacodemon or the Spider Mastermind (...with assorted green crustacean,s because why not). 
Some were failures I won't show here :D

And yet, during all that time, I never tackled the most obvious thing you can build:
The Doom Slayer himself.

Until now. 

Let me present you the Doom Slayer himself!

50175219728_3770bb9e13_h.jpg50176014077_c9fb74e765_h.jpg50175219633_ef2abe18bb_h.jpg50176014202_2c29607d2b_h.jpg50175219843_5dad094336_h.jpg

This is more a statue than a poseable figure, as I wanted to cover the joints as much as possible. There is some limited movement range here and there, but this was not a priority.
Fun fact: The Slayer started in different color - in sand green. This is because on some pre-release renders and images it looked more like sand-green than olive to me:

D1OUU525YEHM.png

...and then I took some in-game photos which were also definitely sand green. Except, uh, I made them in blue-tinted room so yeah, olive + blue -> sand green.
The effect? I had this much:

L48vpiX.jpg

And then I decided to do a full rework. Was it worth it? I say yes, even though olive parts selection is pretty limited compared to what you have in sand green. 
What do you think?

As usual instructions are available at brickvault.com.

Very nostalgic - looks great!  You've captured it well with nice shaping and have made some good choices with how to include or echo the key details with the available parts.  I think the only part I like better in the first version is the cleaner look at the bottom of the chest plate.

Thanks!

As for the chestplate, totally! I miss these 1x2 curved wedges sooooooooooo much. Wonderful little piece. I am happy I was able to do anything with olive (....which for example has no 1x2 tiles ?!?!?!?), but those wedges are so versatile. 
If those get released in olive I will do a redesign for sure!

Excellent build! Looks so bloody cool! His rugged looks translate so well into LEGO form. Really love the use of those reddish brown 4x4 rock wedge/slope pieces beneath the bum though. :thumbup: