I remember so many waves (Skybound comes to mind) where anyone expected different story and sets. And look what crazy stuff we end up happening. I don't know if anyone ever guessed correct (before leaks, descriptions, etc.), except for the easy waves for shorts - like day of the departed, march of the Oni or Seabound.

Heres just another post of mine, hoping the new season is not just a few episodes. That would really mean the end of the end of ninjago as a series in my view....

On 3/16/2021 at 7:39 AM, AlBrickStudios said:

And thats my profile pic from 2019. Not this year lol. Plus Davyd and I are chill now. (i think lol)

lol sure man i'll let u try to cover but i think we're taking this too long; good luck absolving your record to anyone who isn't braindead or gullible enough to think you've stopped

On 3/12/2021 at 7:02 PM, zoth33 said:

@a guy from somewhere That was interesting.  Some of those concepts are really good and I hope some get used down the road.  What really kills me is the idea of the Lego Ninjago movie going back through time with those knight and those demon looking samurai would have been awesome.  Seeing that makes me sad that they didn't go that route.  

I know I’m a little behind on this thread, but I just wanted to say this could TOTALLY work as a second Ninjago movie. The only problem is LEGO movies aren’t under WB anymore, right? So I guess if we do get another Ninjago movie it could be a third continuity, in which case this concept fits even more perfectly. I love it so much!

2 hours ago, MagicalMuffinDruide said:

I know I’m a little behind on this thread, but I just wanted to say this could TOTALLY work as a second Ninjago movie. The only problem is LEGO movies aren’t under WB anymore, right? So I guess if we do get another Ninjago movie it could be a third continuity, in which case this concept fits even more perfectly. I love it so much!

I could definitely see them giving another Ninjago movie a try under Universal. I wouldn’t necessarily recommend them to lead with that, but if Universal finds success with their Lego franchise, why not give Ninjago another try? (Other than that fact that Warner Bros’ Ninjago movie wasn’t very well received critically or financially...) If the theme is still going strong in maybe another ten years, then we could see another go at it.

Side note, but I think that it’s funny that everyone is talking about The Island, meanwhile I’m still at the start of Possession for my Ninjago rewatch. I have a loooot of catching up to do haha. Hopefully I make some progress on the show whenever I find time to build Ninjago City Gardens.

Edited by The Stud

I wonder if a new movie would be the same continuity as the show or it would mean another new continuity and redesigns.

2 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

I wonder if a new movie would be the same continuity as the show or it would mean another new continuity and redesigns.

I’d imagine a new continuity, whatever one the Universal Lego Movies take place in. I think the smart approach would be to make one of the Ninjago characters a major or supporting role in an ensemble Lego film before spinning them off. That way the general public has more familiarity with Lego Ninjago by the time their next attempt at a blockbuster comes out. (I got that idea from a post I read a few years ago saying that they should have released TLM2 first, more prominently introduce Lloyd in that, and then come out with The Lego Ninjago Movie.) Plus we’re already seeing kids who grew up with the original Ninjago grow up and starting to develop nostalgia for the brand. Imagine where that nostalgia will be years from now when they have kids of their own who might take an interest.

But that’s a whole other tangent. Universal, hire me.

7 hours ago, The Stud said:

I’d imagine a new continuity, whatever one the Universal Lego Movies take place in. I think the smart approach would be to make one of the Ninjago characters a major or supporting role in an ensemble Lego film before spinning them off. That way the general public has more familiarity with Lego Ninjago by the time their next attempt at a blockbuster comes out. (I got that idea from a post I read a few years ago saying that they should have released TLM2 first, more prominently introduce Lloyd in that, and then come out with The Lego Ninjago Movie.) Plus we’re already seeing kids who grew up with the original Ninjago grow up and starting to develop nostalgia for the brand. Imagine where that nostalgia will be years from now when they have kids of their own who might take an interest.

But that’s a whole other tangent. Universal, hire me.

That would have made a lot of sense. Less risk and they would have seen if the ninjas are received well.

3 hours ago, Nearlyheadlessbrick said:

If they do do another movie and it's not in continuity, I damn hope the designs don't change again, or at least that the movie designs don't influence the show.

I agree. Though I'd would rather new designs for all the characters excluding the ninja. I would like to see redesigns for the elemental masters, Chen, Clouse, Ronin and the serpentine. For example, Karloff could look cool as a bigfig and Chen with an very long cape.  

If they do a new LEGO Ninjago movie, I would like to see a reimagined plot for Tournament of Elements. Something like the ninja travel to an island as holidays trip but there Ronin is hunting them by orders of Master Chen so he can take their elemental powers. Master Chen by other side, start a tournament where the other elemental masters participe. Kai enters the tournament, develop a rivalry with Karloff and fall in love with Skylor. On other side, Jay, Cole, Nya, Zane and Lloyd are searching the serpentine. Jay and Cole have a fight because Chen decieve Jay making him believe Cole is in love with Nya. Gradually Ronin traps the ninja except Kai. Lloyd and Zane escape and they meet with Master Wu, Misako (and maybe Garmadon) and then find the serpentine. At the end all the elemental masters team up with the ninja and they fight Master Chen, Clouse and Ronin.

Edited by Bloquerto

8 hours ago, Nearlyheadlessbrick said:

If they do do another movie and it's not in continuity, I damn hope the designs don't change again, or at least that the movie designs don't influence the show.

I could go either way on this, by the time a new movie would be made and released the current designs would probably have been in use even longer than the original ones. And people change their hairstyles, that’s not unreasonable. I understand nostalgia and preferring one design to another, but I never understood the people who get incredibly worked up and hateful on the basis that they can’t and never should have changed their looks. I’m not saying anyone here has been acting like that, just that I’ve seen it before elsewhere. 

So yeah, I like the old and new designs and I’m not eager for them to change a third time, but if a new movie comes out and it happens again that’s fine by me too.  Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if they change again in 2023 or maybe 24 regardless of there being a new movie, just as an attempt to freshen up the show as they constantly have to do so.

On 3/17/2021 at 11:02 AM, Pirean_Grammaticul said:

lol sure man i'll let u try to cover but i think we're taking this too long; good luck absolving your record to anyone who isn't braindead or gullible enough to think you've stopped

LOL

Is it me or is the #legoleaks tag on Instagram nigh-usless right now, with basically no proper leaked stuff, let alone Ninjago-related? I'm hungry for better pics but this website is too barbaric.

Just now, Flak Maniak said:

Is it me or is the #legoleaks tag on Instagram nigh-usless right now, with basically no proper leaked stuff, let alone Ninjago-related? I'm hungry for better pics but this website is too barbaric.

I think that is the general consensus right now, I have also been waiting for some leaks, but the way I see it, we got all of our leaks back in February. Really hoping some more news turns up soon.

14 minutes ago, Flak Maniak said:

#legoleaks has been near useless for a long time now with it being floaded by accounts that post bad MOCs, customs, non-LEGO related pics or just straight up nudes for some reason. 

As for Ninjago, pretty much the only leaks left for this year are minifigure leaks and the official setpictures. Seeing as we've already seen the preliminaries for the 2HY sets news will be pretty dry for the rest of the year.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

#legoleaks has been near useless for a long time now with it being floaded by accounts that post bad MOCs, customs, non-LEGO related pics or just straight up nudes for some reason. 

As for Ninjago, pretty much the only leaks left for this year are minifigure leaks and the official setpictures. Seeing as we've already seen the preliminaries for the 2HY sets news will be pretty dry for the rest of the year.

Yeah I noticed there was a lot of irrelevant stuff in the tag; I guess that's the nature of an unpoliced tag on a public website, people can just clog it with any old stuff for self-promotion purposes.

But, I just wanna see the most-proper images of the summer sets; I guess we'll probably be waiting a month or two for official pics, huh?

Well, I suppose my remaining hope is that the summer minifig parts go on B&P. Seems unlikely though, given how few of last year's Ninjago minifig parts went on B&P. We'll see how many of these underwater sets I end up buying, but man it could be a lot of them... (They could REALLY get me to buy them all if they gave them the Aquazone octagon motif...)

A magazine has appeared featuring Twitchy Tim on a few pages. Not sure if he'll pop up in a set soon but they gave him a different hairpiece and he has a lot less detailing so he at least looks like he could pop up in a set.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Part 3 of Ninjago: A Musical Journey has finally been uploaded!

Nice, it’s good that they show the scenes as well, and I’m glad it isn’t a case of them releasing it in every quarter of the year. I’m really hoping they make it available on Spotify or at least able to be downloaded, I know some tracks are on Spotify but not many. I did enquire with CS if the track would be able to be downloaded but they didn’t have a clue unfortunately.

49 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Nice, it’s good that they show the scenes as well, and I’m glad it isn’t a case of them releasing it in every quarter of the year. I’m really hoping they make it available on Spotify or at least able to be downloaded, I know some tracks are on Spotify but not many. I did enquire with CS if the track would be able to be downloaded but they didn’t have a clue unfortunately.

Using an MP3 converter you can download the separate parts off YouTube and add them into your local files. Link that to your Spotify using the settings and you're golden :wink: Feel free to DM me if you need help.

Just seen the twitchy Tim fig, im really not digging that hair piece...... could he be the figure thats alongside kai in the prelim of the hydro bounty? 

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Using an MP3 converter you can download the separate parts off YouTube and add them into your local files. Link that to your Spotify using the settings and you're golden :wink: Feel free to DM me if you need help.

Thanks dude, much appreciated. I'll have a go!

Weird that this magazine didn’t use TLBM Joker hairpiece in gray like the show did. As far as I know, that element is still in production. (It’s part of the Architecture Statue of Liberty’s torch, which is still being produced, and I’m sure I’ve seen it pop somewhere else recently.) Whatever the reasoning is, I could definitely see us getting Twitchy Tim in some sort of Minifigure Accessory Set. I believe we’ve gotten a new Ninjago pack annually for several years now so it stands to reason that we’ll get one this year. (I think they might have skipped 2018, so excluding that.)

5 hours ago, The Stud said:

Weird that this magazine didn’t use TLBM Joker hairpiece in gray like the show did. As far as I know, that element is still in production. (It’s part of the Architecture Statue of Liberty’s torch, which is still being produced, and I’m sure I’ve seen it pop somewhere else recently.) Whatever the reasoning is, I could definitely see us getting Twitchy Tim in some sort of Minifigure Accessory Set. I believe we’ve gotten a new Ninjago pack annually for several years now so it stands to reason that we’ll get one this year. (I think they might have skipped 2018, so excluding that.)

The piece used in the Statue of Liberty set is a recolor of Salazar's hair, Joker's hasn't been used since 2018.

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The piece used in the Statue of Liberty set is a recolor of Salazar's hair, Joker's hasn't been used since 2018.

Ah, I see I was mistaken then. I guess if we do see Tim pop up somewhere, he’ll be using that hairpiece from the magazine.

Maybe Tim could be appearing as the side character, as I said, he could appear in the hydro bounty but this fig doesn't have ay underwater gear on so I dont think so. Maybe the reason he has this hair is because his hair is wet, so its not standing up?