16 hours ago, Nearlyheadlessbrick said:

The four original ninjas are all related to creation, as well as Lloyd so that makes every ninja have some link other than being "because elemental master".

I am aware of that, however I felt that was kinda dropped when Garmadon took/block Lloyd's powers as that didn't affect the OG four ninja in any way which now puts them in position as regular elemental masters. While It's true that the four ninja powers are still related to creation, I just don't see the link to Lloyd anymore unless or until the Ninjago team choose to revisit that.

Though, I probably could have specified more clearly that Nya could the second Ninja to have their power linked to a villain (If the mentioned creature is Wohira), just like Lloyd and Garmadon.

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

1 hour ago, JJ Tong (zfogshooterz) said:

I am aware of that, however I felt that was kinda dropped when Garmadon took/block Lloyd's powers as that didn't affect the OG four ninja in any way which now puts them in position as regular elemental masters. While It's true that the four ninja powers are still related to creation, I just don't see the link to Lloyd anymore unless or until the Ninjago team choose to revisit that.

Though, I probably could have specified more clearly that Nya could the second Ninja to have their power linked to a villain (If the mentioned creature is Wohira), just like Lloyd and Garmadon.

these are all simply plot elements. They use and write/rewrite in whatever manner they may serve the story best. And so far they do pretty good job I think.

________________________________________________________________________________

Anyway, I wanted to make a summery from what we know so far about the summer sets.

Lloyd's mech: doesn't seem symetric, so maybe there is a transformation function? Minifigures: Lloyd + Snake henchman.
200 pieces, 20$

Jay's car: maybe turning wheels/rotors; Minifigures: Jay, probably Cole (orange arms) and 2 snake henchmen.

Water dragon: Side build, Submarine with white markings and pretty unique water dragon. Colour scheme could be dark blue-dark azure-white (or light grey). Markings/printing looks a bit like boxart ninja.
Minifigures: 2 snake henchmen, 1 unique Atlantis-like villain and probably Zane in the submarine. I assume another ninja is likely to come with the set as well.
(~800 pieces, 70$?)

Temple: Probably Wohira, main temple build and some side structures. I cannot figure out what they are there for but the build on the right side has a certain debth (other than this a flick missile).
Minifigures: newly printed manta ray, 2 snake henchmen, 1 "main villain" figure with Atlantis style molds and another unknown figure with golden spear. Side character? Maya? Nya? Pixal? I would assume its a new character. With the red submarine we probably get Kai and then there's a powered-up figure. Doesnt make much sense to not assume that it would be Nya. If colours are correct she would come with dark blue mask and hairband piece + special face printing.
(~1000 pieces`)

Bounty-Submarine: White submarine, flick missile function, 2 smaller submarines (Lloyd and probably Cole?). Other than this I assume we get all ninja while the one next to Kai could be Nya in the uniform the other figures have as well. (and the same villain figures as in the temple set).
(1150 pieces?)

Uniforms: Seem to have a tank, helmet and googles (no idea how many pieces, maybe 1 piece). Interestingly enough, some ninja in concept art dont use the stand-in helmets but their Legacy-hood pieces.
Special pieces: new jaw piece for water dragon, maybe new amulet-piece, new hoods/helmets, ninja seem to all use the dinosaur-hunter guns and other than this I can only make out the new molds for the villains. And probably Nyas new mask/hairband piece.

So let's speculate (from the information so far) around 7 new pieces (in the end probably more pieces.

4 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

these are all simply plot elements. They use and write/rewrite in whatever manner they may serve the story best. And so far they do pretty good job I think.

________________________________________________________________________________

Anyway, I wanted to make a summery from what we know so far about the summer sets.

Lloyd's mech: doesn't seem symetric, so maybe there is a transformation function? Minifigures: Lloyd + Snake henchman.
200 pieces, 20$

Jay's car: maybe turning wheels/rotors; Minifigures: Jay, probably Cole (orange arms) and 2 snake henchmen.

Water dragon: Side build, Submarine with white markings and pretty unique water dragon. Colour scheme could be dark blue-dark azure-white (or light grey). Markings/printing looks a bit like boxart ninja.
Minifigures: 2 snake henchmen, 1 unique Atlantis-like villain and probably Zane in the submarine. I assume another ninja is likely to come with the set as well.
(~800 pieces, 70$?)

Temple: Probably Wohira, main temple build and some side structures. I cannot figure out what they are there for but the build on the right side has a certain debth (other than this a flick missile).
Minifigures: newly printed manta ray, 2 snake henchmen, 1 "main villain" figure with Atlantis style molds and another unknown figure with golden spear. Side character? Maya? Nya? Pixal? I would assume its a new character. With the red submarine we probably get Kai and then there's a powered-up figure. Doesnt make much sense to not assume that it would be Nya. If colours are correct she would come with dark blue mask and hairband piece + special face printing.
(~1000 pieces`)

Bounty-Submarine: White submarine, flick missile function, 2 smaller submarines (Lloyd and probably Cole?). Other than this I assume we get all ninja while the one next to Kai could be Nya in the uniform the other figures have as well. (and the same villain figures as in the temple set).
(1150 pieces?)

Uniforms: Seem to have a tank, helmet and googles (no idea how many pieces, maybe 1 piece). Interestingly enough, some ninja in concept art dont use the stand-in helmets but their Legacy-hood pieces.
Special pieces: new jaw piece for water dragon, maybe new amulet-piece, new hoods/helmets, ninja seem to all use the dinosaur-hunter guns and other than this I can only make out the new molds for the villains. And probably Nyas new mask/hairband piece.

So let's speculate (from the information so far) around 7 new pieces (in the end probably more pieces.

Great summary! I don’t think the mech has a transformation or 2 in 1 feature as though the piece is big and awkward, what could you feasibly use it for along with the rest of the pets in the set? It’s a great set either way, and the bounty is def my fav.

Going the Hidden Side Shrimp Shack 70422 today for 25% off. Having seen several great MOCs that incorporate it into a Ninjago City extension, I picked it up. I'm going to make a custom version of the docks that connects the City and Gardens.

2 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Snake in the Lloyd's mech is callrd Maaray Buard. Weird name

How did you find this out? Also that’s gonna be a pain to spell every time. I’m just gonna call it a hydro whipper.

4 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

How did you find this out? Also that’s gonna be a pain to spell every time. I’m just gonna call it a hydro whipper.

It was leaked in instagram. You can find it in #legoleaks. And Cole, Jay amd Lloyd Scuba suits were leaked too, in very good quality, but I couldn't find it there

Ok I’ve seen the pics, the figs look pretty good, as people have said they need some sort of shoulder armour, the helmet looks too big. The bad guy also appears to be called maaray guard, not buard. These look like they came of better pics of the boxes, so we just have to wait for those now! 

23 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Snake in the Lloyd's mech is callrd Maaray Buard. Weird name

It's Guard, not Buard :tongue: Makes a lot more sense.

As for the ninja: I really like the new scuba gear pieces but the new head and torso prints look terrible. 

33 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

As for the ninja: I really like the new scuba gear pieces but the new head and torso prints look terrible. 

Really? I quite like the torso prints,they're way better than I expected (although I gotta admit Jay's torso sucks).As for the scuba gear I'm still on the fence but thus far I'm really not a fan.

Looking at the pictures I would say it's a shoulder attachment I have not seen before and a helmet + visor piece. If they are molded together or if they are seperat pieces - I cannt say.

I cannt even recognize the helmet piece. Im not judging but I must say, I would have expected more stylized scuba gear.

Helmets are a very nice but kinda oversized mould. 

As for the ninjas, it's a mixed bag. I love Jay's torso, Lloyd's is okay, and Cole's straight-up sucks, I hate his chest plate print.

Maaray Guards look great, I love the colour scheme. Still not a fan of underwater creature choice tho.

Just now, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

edit: To me it looks like the ninja have a grey belt-piece. Doesnt look like the Batman-piece.

Maybe its just printing though; I cannt say.

I think its a new piece, the grey seems to wrap around. I'm excited to see the kai suit but we haven't had a set leak for a set He's in yet, so I doubt we will see it any time soon.

Actually on second though I think the head piece is terrible.Mostly because the googles are large enough to expose the mouth.If they were smaller and exposed only the eyes it would have been better.

9 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Actually on second though I think the head piece is terrible.Mostly because the googles are large enough to expose the mouth.If they were smaller and exposed only the eyes it would have been better.

A new face print with covered mouth would also fix that, but yeah, I kind of agree.

Not sure on how I would feel on these scuba helms. They are pretty cool when viewed as just regular scuba helms but as a new version of Ninja-esgue hoods, I'm not really feeling that especially when you can see the mouths. I'm kinda fine with the breathing apparatus though I do wish they weren't that bulky. And also it would be nice if the "goggles/visors" were printed on the face instead while the hood gets remolded to be more ninja-like where only the eyes gets exposed. As of now, I don't really like the current googles.

The Ninja-suits are alright, it serves the scuba theme. But I have to say that I really like Cole's suit, it's pretty dope. However, I'll also admit as cool as his print is, both that and his helm does sort of clash with each other.

Nya on the box art has what appears to be a printed mask/googles on her face,so that could be the case for all the ninjas as a secondary faceprint or I could be wrong and this is exclusive only to Nya.

Edited by LOTR34

I havent been a fan of the suits since Legacy. I think those were cool but so overused...

I think mostly the suits are good, for what they tried to be but it wasnt so much for me. The standout to me are mostly the Nya suits. For example, the current Zane suit feels like the 5. version of its kind. Very messy. Nyas suits mostly have something distinctive to it, that beats the former designs.

That being said, this ain't so much critizism than my preferences.

I can imagine a scenario where the situation in s15 completely escalates which leads to everything being flooded and chaotic. We could get pirat-like suits for  Jay, Ronin and Skylor (yes In my headcanon Jay becomes a pirate captain for a while, with Ronin, Skylor and the s6 crew).

I also tend to look back at seasons 5+6. Suits were black with a standard design and patterns from the main colour. They could do the same but with a different base colour - like tan or dark tan. This would more resemble actual clothing as it was worn in Japans history.

16 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I also tend to look back at seasons 5+6. Suits were black with a standard design and patterns from the main colour. They could do the same but with a different base colour - like tan or dark tan. This would more resemble actual clothing as it was worn in Japans history.

Really wish they would've used the time twins to send the ninja really far back in time. Give the theme a feudal Japan kind of look and feel for a wave or 2. 

I prefer bad suits for every ninja that are different than good suits that have the same pattern for every ninja.

Glad they finished doing that after DoTD.

2 minutes ago, Nearlyheadlessbrick said:

Is it just me or are these the first triple molded pieces? There's the coloured hood, the scuba gear and the clear goggles all in one piece. Has there been any other tri-molded piece?

We can't be sure yet but I bet the visor is a separate piece.

Edited by Guyon2002