As someone who’s only into Ninjago for the City sets, I would love to see Lego explore more action adventure themes if we could keep the Ninjago City modular line going 😌

Edited by Modal

First the leaked book illustration, and now her appearance in the Legacy Reimagined trailer, I'm wondering whether golden Nya will have a new hair mould with a blue headband. I thought the book illustration might just be doing it for a consistent design for all 6 ninja instead of the 6 different hood variants we're getting with the golden minifigs, but now I'm hopeful. Maybe the new mould "budget" didn't cover enough to give all 6 ninja headbands in the winter wave, but we'll get new hairs for Nya (and now fingers-crossed Zane) in summer.

I hope so, I would like to see all the ninja with hairbands. Looking at the Ninjago City gardens, one thing that I thought was interesting was the backs or the ice cream parlour and the museum have walkways with barricades to stop minifigs from going over the ledge, but there's none on the sides of the walkways. I'm sure this is if you want to put the gardens to the left of it, so the elevator gives access to the museum and the back walkway from the parlour. This also solves the problem of not having access to the old world from the street level, and vice verser. 

Zane looks amazing, it seems like he also has a new face print. Definitely one of my favourite Golden minfigures.

Nya... I don't know. I mean that hairpiece could look better from different angles, but for now, not a fan of it. I also wonder why they didn't use it in the Island sets, as they all have those bandanas. Weird move, maybe they still have bandanas in Season 14? With the underwater vibe I was hoping for more underwater type of helmets tho.

12 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Zane looks amazing, it seems like he also has a new face print. Definitely one of my favourite Golden minfigures.

Nya... I don't know. I mean that hairpiece could look better from different angles, but for now, not a fan of it. I also wonder why they didn't use it in the Island sets, as they all have those bandanas. Weird move, maybe they still have bandanas in Season 14? With the underwater vibe I was hoping for more underwater type of helmets tho.

I agree. I love full helmets and masks like the divers helmets from last years city line, and was hoping they would do something like that with season 15, but alas, no. Looks like they will be donning a rebreather as well, and if season 14 is a direct tie in to season 15, then the suits will probably be a bit like the hunted suits, with the season 14 suits but more equipped for underwater. 

Someone modded Spring Lantern Festival to fit in with the Ninjago City sets and it looks wonderful!

Also important, the creator of that video, AlBrickStudios, has been caught in scandals involving children giving their parents' credit card numbers to him. As such, I think you should remove the video to avoid him from getting any sort of publicity or money. I know you weren't meaning anything bad by posting the video obviously, I just wanted to inform.

Edited by Cocoa

Glad to see I didn't have to wait long on my golden Nya theory. Now just keeping fingers crossed for a Zane headband somewhere in the Summer wave.

I can count 13 new moulds in the 1HY 2020 sets (Legacy & Prime Empire), and 12 in the 1HY 2021 sets (Legacy & Island), so I can only assume the headbands might be a budget issue. Though I'm only scanning down the Brickset page to count so I could be wrong about the numbers.

More info came out, the jungle dragon is called Zippy, and become Nya's buddy or friend, the Wohira theory of mine still holds up, apparently that's the sea serpents name and it rode the high seas with 2 amulets, though we only have 1. I suppose there are 2 tribes, a jungle tribe with 1 amulet and a sea tribe with the other. I guess that's season 15's story line. The totem is actually called a golem, and is immune to elemental powers? Jay will get sacrificed to wohira as well. 

credit to; The Lego man

Does anyone know what happened to that 3 hour long soundtrack compilation LEGO put on S@H when the Gardens released? Can't find it anymore and LEGO only put a quarter of it on YouTube (why label it 1/4 if you're not going to post the other 3 parts?).

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Does anyone know what happened to that 3 hour long soundtrack compilation LEGO put on S@H when the Gardens released? Can't find it anymore and LEGO only put a quarter of it on YouTube (why label it 1/4 if you're not going to post the other 3 parts?).

It's here. I imagine the other three parts are scheduled to release throughout the year to help keep the hype around the anniversary going.

Interesting to note that Golden Nya’s hair piece pretty closely resembles the early concept design for her hairstyle in the movie (as seen in the making of book). 

Edited by Kopaka25

Just now, LOTR34 said:

Hopefully Golden Nya isn't included on a expensive set.I want that hair piece. 

i'd guess the minifig is based of season 15, and as its Nya's season, she will probably come in most of the sets. I wouldn't worry too much.

1 minute ago, LOTR34 said:

Hopefully Golden Nya isn't included on a expensive set.I want that hair piece. 

Well, I’m sure the hairpiece will also be used for season 14. Honestly, I suspect they made this new hairpiece to be compatible with whatever armor/scuba gear they give the ninja next season.

2 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

i'd guess the minifig is based of season 15, and as its Nya's season, she will probably come in most of the sets. I wouldn't worry too much.

But if the S15 setting is underwater then shouldn't the Ninja wear scuba gear? 

Just now, LOTR34 said:

But if the S15 setting is underwater then shouldn't the Ninja wear scuba gear? 

I was hoping for this, I love new interesting helmets, but it looks like they will have a rebreather piece like the one in the gamers market

Just now, a guy from somewhere said:

I was hoping for this, I love new interesting helmets, but it looks like they will have a rebreather piece like the one in the gamers market

Hm yea that could be the case.Still it's rather weird that they didn't include this hair piece on the Island sets. 

budget cuts probably. as I said before, the season 15 suits are probably gonna be like hunted and MOTM where it's an old suit with new armour or details. they would at least keep the head/hairband combo. Im pretty sure the 2 seasons are linked in quite a couple of ways, as the book says there's 2 amulets, so the second one is probably in the season 15 sets.

It's also possible that they just wanted to debut the new hairpiece in the Nya-focused wave so that it would specifically stand out more compared to the preceding wave.

Whatever the reason, it's cool to get a new hairpiece for Nya! It might take a little getting used to, but then again so did her ponytail hairstyle from the movie.

I am also curious about the ninja outfits we'll be getting with the underwater wave... while a "rebreather" type accessory is likely, it's not yet quite clear whether it'll use the existing one or a new one. And for that matter, whether it'll be paired with any other sort of existing or new neck accessory (I could definitely see them introducing a new accessory that perhaps combines shoulder armor of some sort with oxygen tanks)

I know people will protest (caus Ninjago took our other theeeemes). BUT I see just so much potential. So far we just had multiple rope-style outfits; some more black based, most primary and secondary colour based. But they could also do outfits based on secondary colours, or white or tan base colour with accents of their main colours.

..then we have also the non-asian style outfits: so far we had apocalypse, video game and medevil-style outfits. Scuba gear can be explored and the space-theme people will kill us: they could also do space and other weird sci-fi stuff (actually they did in the show at least).

I am sorry to interrupt discussion about golden Nya and Zane :) I was just curious now, when we get Ninjago city Gardens, third set to the Ninjago city "line" and first of the "Ninjago Legacy line"...do you think that its just "one of" with benefit to be connected to the Ninjago movie predecessors or is there real hope for another Ninjago city add on next year? For example Borg Tower or whatever... From the interview with designers and from the Designers video as well I understand that there is strong chance to continue with this line, but not sure if on yearly basis or...?

5 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

I am sorry to interrupt discussion about golden Nya and Zane :) I was just curious now, when we get Ninjago city Gardens, third set to the Ninjago city "line" and first of the "Ninjago Legacy line"...do you think that its just "one of" with benefit to be connected to the Ninjago movie predecessors or is there real hope for another Ninjago city add on next year? For example Borg Tower or whatever... From the interview with designers and from the Designers video as well I understand that there is strong chance to continue with this line, but not sure if on yearly basis or...?

It wouldn't surprise me if we get another Ninjago City set but I highly doubt we'll get one on a yearly basis like the Modular sets.