34 minutes ago, dangerous dice said:

sadly, the garden seems a little out of my price range, but it looks cool!

Does it come closer if you can recoup $80? Because that is what Master Wu is selling for on eBay.

5 minutes ago, turk187 said:

Does it come closer if you can recoup $80? Because that is what Master Wu is selling for on eBay.

thanks for the tip! i'll check it out!

Mine arrived yesterday - started building tonight! So far, so good! Feels similar to NC, but very different footprint. Bigger bricks down at the bottom...

18 hours ago, Willworkfortoys said:

I received my set Monday but am going back to put together or reassembling City, Docks, and Destiny's Bounty first before this one.  I am still baffled by the way this set was released; minimal fanfare, no early access to reviews for the main sites I frequent (and still no reviews from them) or seemingly early reviews from anyone.  I may be unable to see something obvious since I'm viewing through the lens of an AFOL but seeing as how Ninjago City is regularly regarded as one of the best sets, if not THE best set of all time, the release of a very close counterpart in this way is so so weird.  Aside from the normal fear of knockoffs my only suspicion would be intentional underplaying of this set so that it didn't sell out in minutes and get massive blowback from people screaming OOS or similarly some other PR concern that I'm missing.   Strangest release of a set over $150 I can recall. 

My guess is because this was the VIP only release & not the public one.