17 hours ago, Aanchir said:

I

You speak from my heart. So many references, so many possibilities. So much beauty in this set. I will not buy as no space and money as it was with the other City sets (though I will not complain as the proud owner of all Bountys :wink:.
But I can respect from a distance and hope to see all 3 City sets next to each other one day in person somewhere.

Trying to explain I think people hype up one thing and get disappointed from whatever comes after. Instead of seeing the 1st Ninjago City set as kind of a gift due to its incredibly low price - people were complaining about the 2nd one even if it was still really good deal.

I really can just be happy something so niche can exist in a commecial market, with all these nice references and details. One I'd like to point out is the statue for Master Chen(?) to advertise the nudle restaurant on the left side. I cannt make out quite what prints it has though :wink:.

Despite some changes which I dont find optimal, the Ninjago "franchise" is really a hidden gem of artistic expression in many ways. I hope sets and series can appear in this high quality for some time. Its the only theme I still invest money and space in just out of respect for the amazing designs. Ok enough praise, RIP Kirby Morrow - thank you for your contributions.

20 hours ago, Terrasher said:

There's a scanned image of the Canadian catalogue on Brickset right now. Looks like there's a balcony on the side of the student apartment, and the elevated sidewalk wraps / turns around the edge where the 16x32 baseplate is! I'm really happy TLG continued the railing instead of cutting it off like with the City. The more details there are on the sides the better, even if it's just windows or a masonry brick here and there - that way they won't just be large blank walls.

I wouldn't be surprised if that "curve" in the sidewalk might be connected to a staircase or elevator down to the "Old World" level, since the previous entries in the series have all included a way to travel between each level. It's possible that there's a different way down behind the other buildings, but something like that would definitely justify that sidewalk extension. Hopefully it is either connected to the Temple Island module or at least removeable from the corner module so that you can rearrange the modules to your liking.

Looking at the clearer scans that Brickset uploaded seems to confirm that there will be more flowers and greenery on the opposite side from the view shown in the catalog. In particular, there are some flower bushes visible right behind Clutch Powers which I expect would continue around the back of that left-hand building.

It's fitting that a lot of the gardens themselves would be on that side, since there is so much more open space on the inside of that corner than the outside — particularly on the "Old World" level, where the white and brown building is so close to the edge of the base that the pedestrian walkway has to wrap around the back of the building, rather than the front. The more open waterway around the back side would also provide more space for reeds and lilies.

Also, some of the greenery in the canal towards the front of the "Old World" area is made up of the same Bright Green weapon assortment that was used for the Jadeblades in the Tournament of Elements set, so it stands to reason that the rest of the blade pieces from that assortment are being used on parts of the model which aren't as visible from this angle.

Edited by Aanchir

1 hour ago, Aanchir said:

Looking at the clearer scans that Brickset uploaded seems to confirm that there will be more flowers and greenery on the opposite side from the view shown in the catalog. In particular, there are some flower bushes visible right behind Clutch Powers which I expect would continue around the back of that left-hand building.

It's fitting that a lot of the gardens themselves would be on that side, since there is so much more open space on the inside of that corner than the outside — particularly on the "Old World" level, where the white and brown building is so close to the edge of the base that the pedestrian walkway has to wrap around the back of the building, rather than the front. The more open waterway around the back side would also provide more space for reeds and lilies.

Also, some of the greenery in the canal towards the front of the "Old World" area is made up of the same Bright Green weapon assortment that was used for the Jadeblades in the Tournament of Elements set, so it stands to reason that the rest of the blade pieces from that assortment are being used on parts of the model which aren't as visible from this angle.

Yea exactly my thoughts. And if you look back at the initial leaked image, the really blurry one, you can see even more green in that middle area

Happy new year everyone! Let's hope 2021 will be better than 2020 for all of us! Anyway, let's kick things off with a bang :wink:

Season 15 will have 6 sets starting with 71750 - Lloyd's Hydro Mech and ending with 71756, set 71751 does not exist as that number has been skipped. As for the last and most expensive set of the wave: 

71756 - Hydro Bounty - $129.99

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Happy new year everyone! Let's hope 2021 will be better than 2020 for all of us! Anyway, let's kick things off with a bang :wink:

Season 15 will have 6 sets starting with 71750 - Lloyd's Hydro Mech and ending with 71756, set 71751 does not exist as that number has been skipped. As for the last and most expensive set of the wave: 

Ah, heck yes! Sound like 71756 is like the Destiny’s Bounty but as a Submarine? That should be interesting.

Thanks for the scoops btw! I really like hearing about all of these one at a time as opposed to just getting everything at once and being done with it.

71749 - ???

71750 - Lloyd’s hydro mech $19.99 

71751- Skipped

71752- ???

71753 - Kai’s Fire Dragon $49.99 

71754 - Water Dragon $69.99 

71755 - ??

71756 - Hydro Bounty $129.99

here is a recap of everything we know so far 

Gardens look incredible, definitely a first day buy for me, even if I have to throw out furniture to display it.

The set does look somewhat hollow and like it's lacking the bulkiness of NC, which is strange for such a big piece count, but looks can be deceiving. Kinda worried about the price in Europe, I must admit.

Unpopular opinion: I love how big and colorful NC is and that is a great thing indeed, but in details and design alone 70657 > 70620.

Destiny's Bounty with wheels in 2019, and now Destiny's Bounty, but a submarine.

Guessing the Fire Dragon isn't Legacy then?

Just now, GarmaFan said:

Guessing the Fire Dragon isn't Legacy then?

Can't say for sure but like I said shortly after releasing the info on that set, it's setnumber is right in the middle of the S15 lineup so I personally doubt it's Legacy. 

8 minutes ago, Merlo said:

which is strange for such a big piece count

I assume the fact that there are many small pieces explains it...

57 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm hoping a large submarine like this will be cool, especially the interior, but I've been noticing a pattern that's annoying me...

This will be the THIRD year in a row that the largest set of the summer wave is some variant of the bounty. Why? I get it, the main headquarters of the heroes is bound to be eternally popular given how much it's used, but still. I would much prefer the unique villains that we'll most likely never see again to get the largest set than the 6th version of the same vehicle. I know that's what the second largest set is for, but that fact still doesn't help to make me happier about this. ugh.

Another weird Bounty offshoot? Yawn . . okay actually a big submarine might be very cool but we do not need to get a version of the Bounty over and over and over again. 

Fingers crossed those last two sets are both villain centric. Out of the four ninja vehicle sets we’ve heard about so far, the Water dragon is the only one that sounds interesting. (Fire dragon could be cool but I still have Firstborne from 2018 sooo . . ) There’s usually a big villain base, and I’m really hoping that 71755 is some kind of Ninjago version of Atlantis.

We have a sky Bounty, land Bounty, and a water Bounty. Next up, the Space Bounty. It's inevitable.

Edited by GarmaFan

I’m honestly excited as can be! A wave of steampunk ninja Aqua Raiders sets? What’s not to like? 

Wondering what a hydro bounty would look like.. hoping they still include a deck with sails and the like, but everything’s underwater..

I do hope 71755 is some sort of play set though, as the wave seems very focused on dragons and vehicles. 

39 minutes ago, GarmaFan said:

We have a sky Bounty, land Bounty, and a water Bounty. Next up, the Space Bounty. It's inevitable.

I mean, I’d buy that.

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

The Hydro Bounty? Now we have a Air Bounty, Land Bounty and a Hydro Bounty Lol, well that shows the image of a underwater submarine thing or something WOW 

What about a underground bounty? Like it's supposed to have a driller on it.

The Earth Bounty!

Edited by Gangikhan448

Ninjago Gardens is a dream come true. Do we know yet if it will be able to connect to the Ninjago city and Ninjago docks set? The detail, the height, the colors and the entire facade is just mesmerizing to look at. I regret to say I missed out on the Airjitzu Temple and the first 2 Ninjago city sets but I will not miss out on this gem. And in due time I will make it a goal of mine to collect those older sets I missed out on regardless of how high those prices may become.

Aside from that I’m not too excited about this years jungle subtheme. 

6 hours ago, someguy827 said:

I’m honestly excited as can be! A wave of steampunk ninja Aqua Raiders sets? What’s not to like? 

I'll tell you what's not to like. At this point, LEGO just keeps dumping all their ideas for potential new themes into Ninjago instead of taking a small risk and creating new themes with those ideas. Remember all those amazing one-off LEGO themes from the late 2000's and early 2010's? Now they can't happen anymore, because they need to be part of Ninjago. Have you ever wandered why we get so few new original themes nowdays? It's all because of Ninjago. 

And let's be real here, while some of those ideas work for Ninjago, most of them are completely parallel to it. Just continuing to release the same boring Ninja vehicles over and over again except with slightly different design twists in order to fir the setting has gotten incredibly stale in my opinion. Air Bounty, Water Bounty, Land Bounty, Hydro Bounty? How many more variants of the exact same vehicle do we really need? This whole situation has started to get kind of similar to what LEGO Star Wars does, which is just remaking the same sets over and over again (granted, with Ninjago it's not as bad as it is with Star Wars, but you get my point). 

I really hope the new LEGO World Builder platform brings a much needed change to LEGO, and will allow us to get more original LEGO themes independent from Ninjago. 

Oh man, I think it's finally happening. An underwater Ninjago wave, with Nya probably being the main ninja of the season. I don't know how long we've waited for that :cry_happy:

As for Hydro Bounty, if it's a submarine, I'm okay with it. I think a submarine could be distinctive enough from previous Bounties. If it's not the... yawn.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

5 hours ago, cosmic said:

Ninjago Gardens is a dream come true. Do we know yet if it will be able to connect to the Ninjago city and Ninjago docks set? The detail, the height, the colors and the entire facade is just mesmerizing to look at. I regret to say I missed out on the Airjitzu Temple and the first 2 Ninjago city sets but I will not miss out on this gem. And in due time I will make it a goal of mine to collect those older sets I missed out on regardless of how high those prices may become.

It will be able to connect, and I know how you feel about missing out on the first 2  sets.... Lego regrets! Gonna pick this up day 1, when is the press release though? Do you think it’s gonna be like diagon ally and be on January 13th? Also, hydro bounty sounds intriguing, but I’m more interested in how the suits are gonna look? Maybe a full body suit and a diver helmet? But from what we have seen on the back of the legacy boxes, I’ve got a feeling it’s gonna look like nya’s avatar from the gamers market.

1 hour ago, Lego David said:

I'll tell you what's not to like. At this point, LEGO just keeps dumping all their ideas for potential new themes into Ninjago instead of taking a small risk and creating new themes with those ideas. Remember all those amazing one-off LEGO themes from the late 2000's and early 2010's? Now they can't happen anymore, because they need to be part of Ninjago. Have you ever wandered why we get so few new original themes nowdays? It's all because of Ninjago. 

And let's be real here, while some of those ideas work for Ninjago, most of them are completely parallel to it. Just continuing to release the same boring Ninja vehicles over and over again except with slightly different design twists in order to fir the setting has gotten incredibly stale in my opinion. Air Bounty, Water Bounty, Land Bounty, Hydro Bounty? How many more variants of the exact same vehicle do we really need? This whole situation has started to get kind of similar to what LEGO Star Wars does, which is just remaking the same sets over and over again (granted, with Ninjago it's not as bad as it is with Star Wars, but you get my point). 

I really hope the new LEGO World Builder platform brings a much needed change to LEGO, and will allow us to get more original LEGO themes independent from Ninjago. 

You voiced all my grievances in one comment.I wouldn't have such a problem with Ninjago if it wasn't such a massive black hole that sucked all potential new themes into oblivion.Just imagine if we had a remake/reboot of Atlantis but no instead we're getting an underwater Ninjago wave :hmpf:

I share your hope for more fresh action themes being born from the World Builder platform.